THREE

A Misunderstanding (Whole Version)

 

-2 hours later-

 

Eli and Kevin were both on the couch laying on top of each other, .

 

Wow Eli. I thought you only ed girls.” Kevin said.

 

Eli laughed. “I have ed a few. But that was just to try and see if I really am gay. Which I am.”

 

Kevin looked over at his cellphone and noticed the little red light which meant he had a text. He opened it and he had 5 texts and 3 missed calls from Soohyun.

 

Hey Kevin. I hope you're not mad at me or anything.

-S

 

Hey. Can you call me?

-S

 

Kevin! Will you please talk to me?? I've called multiple times! You can't ignore me forever!

-S

 

I don't even understand why you're mad at me.

-S

 

Please call me.

-S

 

The last message was sent 5 minutes ago. “That needs to stop texting me.” He mumbled as he turned off his phone.

 

Maybe you should go over there and talk to him.” Eli suggested.

 

Kevin was quiet a moment. “Okay. Just let me get dressed.”

 

Kevin got dressed and drove back to his apartment.

 

Kevin's POV

 

I parked my car and walked to the door. I knocked and there was silence.

 

A few seconds later Soohyun opened the door. “Hi.” He said slowly.

 

Hi. Can we talk?” I said and he let me in. We sat on the couch. “I'm sorry I exploded and left but, what I heard in there-”

 

Wait. What DID you hear?” Soohyun interrupted.

 

I heard. . .noises. ual noises!” I stood up. “You cheated on with what's his face!” I let one tear fall down my cheek.

 

Soohyun stood up and hugged me. “Honey we weren't having . I was helping him practice for a movie that he's doing. I played the girl.” He said.

 

Oh. So you didn't cheat on me?” I smiled.

 

No sweetie. I would never cheat on you.” He kissed my lips.

 

Wait. There's something I need to tell you.” I pushed him away.

 

What is it honey? You can tell me anything.” He smoothed my hair.

 

I kind of. . .had with Eli.”

 

Soohyun froze on the spot. “What? What did you say?”
 

I said, I had with Eli. Earlier. About two hours ago.” I looked down.

 

Why?” Was all he said.

 

I thought you had cheated on me Soohyun. Plus, you know me and Eli have been friends a long while.”

 

Kevin, that doesn't make everything better!” He yelled in my face.

 

I slowly shrank down into my shirt. Soohyun has never been this angry. “I'm sorry-”

 

Sorry doesn't cut it this time Kevin!! I trusted you! I never thought you were that kind of person. . . I guess I was wrong.” He ran his hand through his hair. “You know what? I'm leaving. That's it. I never want to see your face again.” He shook his head and went to our bedroom and started throwing stuff in a suitcase.

 

Well where are you gonna go? Huh? You don't have any money!” I yelled after him. “You can't leave me!”

 

There was silence coming from the other room. Suddenly Soohyun appeared with his suitcase and walked up to my face. We were so close our noses were touching. “Watch me.” He whispered and backed away. “Just watch me leave you.” He said and carried his stuff out the door.

 

With tears in my eyes I walked to the door and opened it. “Yeah! That's right! Run away! Just like you always do!” I yelled down the hallway and closed the door. I ran to my bedroom and flew on the bed and began to sob into my pillow.

 

I sat like that for what felt like hours until my phone buzzed in my pocket. I had forgotten I had turned it back on in the car. I pulled it out and it was a text from Eli.

 

Hey. You straighten it out yet?

-E

 

I looked at it and threw it against the wall and started a whole new round of sobbing.