TWO

A Misunderstanding (Whole Version)

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000168 EndHTML:0000010367 StartFragment:0000000471 EndFragment:0000010350

Kevin's POV

 

I walked briskly down the hallway of our apartment and out the front door.

 

Stupid .” I mumbled as I started towards the parking deck to get my car.

 

I shoved the keys into the ignition and drove out of the garage.

 

I called Eli back. “Hey. I'm staying with you. That okay?”

 

Hell yeah! I mean, of course. Stay as long as you need.” Eli replied.

 

About ten minutes later I arrived at Eli's place. “Hey Eli!” I ran up to him and hugged him around his neck and started crying.

 

It's okay. It's okay. Get it all out.” He soothed me and tried to calm me.

 

I ing. . .heard them! He. . .didn't even. . .be quiet about it!” I sobbed into his shoulder.

 

He patted my back and ushered me into the house. “It's gonna be okay.”

 

I sat on his couch and curled up into a ball. I closed my eyes and let the tears fall off my face. I hate him. I hate him so much. How could he do this? Breaking my heart like this.

 

Just then Eli startled me by ruffling my hair. “You can stay here as long as you need to. It's no problem.” He added when I started to object.

 

When you regain yourself and get over this, you need to march your little back over there and slap his mother ing face. Do you hear me?” He looked me straight in the face.

 

I started to giggle at his expression. “You're so cute when you're serious.” I poked his cheeks and smirked.

 

Oh stop it. I'm just trying to be a good friend. Like you have to me all these years.” He smiled.

 

I know. You really are a great friend. Why can't everyone be like you?” I pouted.

 

He laughed. “I'm not perfect you know. I make mistakes too.”

 

Like when? You do everything right. I'm kind of jealous actually.” I crossed my arms and smiled.

 

Oh really? You're jealous of ME? Me? Why? You're smarter than me, you always got better grades than me. Plus, you can hold a job longer.” He ranted on and on.

 

No no. I'm jealous because you're not gay like me. You don't have to go through what I go through each day.” I looked down at my knees, still at my chest.

 

Eli looked down too. “Kev, there's something I have to tell you. You can't tell anyone. Okay?” I nodded.

 

He took a deep breath. “Kev, I'm gay. I always have been. I just never told anyone. I was too embarrassed to admit it.”

 

I looked at him a moment. Could this really be happening? My best friend is. . .gay? “Eli. . .I don't know what to say. . . “ I whispered.

 

You don't have to say anything. But there's something that I've always wanted to do since I met you. . .” He started to lean in slowly. . .

 

Oh God. He wants to kiss me. I thought as his perfectly shaped lips got closer to mine.

 

Our lips met for a brief moment and I felt his warm lips on my cold ones. A second later he pulled away as if to gauge my reaction.

 

My lips felt bare without his even though they were only there a brief second. “Eli-” I started but he cut me off by suddenly grabbing each side of my head and smashing his lips against mine.

 

At first I was in shock and did nothing but then he parted my lips and I could feel his hot breath inside me.

 

Eli's POV

 

At first he was still as a statue but he soon got into it. I've always wanted to do this, but didn't know how he would react but now I do.

 

I tangled my hand in his soft hair as he wrapped his arms around my neck. My fingers slowly worked their way to his lower back and pulled his whole body closer to mine.

 

Damn, he has such a good looking and feeling body. I think he works out but you can't sure with all these clothes on. . .

 

I carefully work my hand under his shirt and and pull it over his head. I put my lips on his neck and kiss gently up and down his jaw line.

 

Suddenly he pushes me away. “Eli! What are we doing? We don't like each other like that do we?”

 

I smirked at him. “I've like you like this since I met you.” That made him giggle. I grabbed his hand and put it on my chest. “Do you feel that?”

 

Feel what?”

 

My heart beat. Do you feel it?”

 

Yes.” He whispered.

 

It beats for one reason only. Do you know what that reason is?” He shook his head. “You. You're the reason my heart beats the way it does right this moment.” I whispered. “It will always beat for you. As long as you're in this world, it'll keep going.” I kissed his other hand.

 

Eli, I had no idea you had feelings for me.” He whispered with a smile.

 

Well you do now.” I smirked.

 

He giggled and poked my cheeks again. “Sooo can we finish what we started?”

 

I smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist. “I was hoping you would ask that.”