001: Beggining

The Two Hearts Which Combined

 [Yuri’s POV]

On a one fine day like this, I’m going to get tied down with a guy I’m not personally familiar with. My destiny was pretty much planned out ever since I was born. The arrange marriage wasn’t really sudden for me, I was completely aware that I’m going to end up with it anyway. My friends have told me their stories about their marriages and they all had an unhappy one. I’m not being mean or anything, but their pain and agony, they’re responsible for it. Happiness is a choice; they shouldn’t have let that marriage ruin their lives. I decided to be different; this marriage won’t definitely be a hinder in my life’s bliss. There was an hour left before I finally say my vows and I haven’t met my soon-to-be husband yet. This wasn’t scary as my friends told me. I felt completely fine and laid-back.

“Yuri-ah.”Someone suddenly called out for my name giving me a reason to look up.

“Unnie!”I cheerfully said as I ran to hug my older sister. “It’s been a while!” I added with such enthusiasm.

“Ne, it has been a while.”She replied as she hugged back. I broke the hug and gave her my usual cheerful smile. I held her hand and led her to seat in the couch.

“How are you?”I quickly asked as soon as we sat down.

“Me? I’m doing well, of course.” She replied with a smile as she stared at me, implying that there was something she wants to say. “I should be the one asking you that though.” She added. Oh, I get it now.

“Yah, unnie. No need to be worried for me. I’m a big girl now.” I assured her with a chuckle.

“Miahne.” She mumbled in a low voice as she held my hand. “I thought I could save you from this arranged marriage.”  She took a deep sigh and looked straight in my eyes.

“Unnie, you don’t have to save me from anything.” I replied with a chuckle. I am still thankful for her worrying about me though. “This marriage doesn’t bother me at all.” I added with a shrug. Her eyes slightly widened.

“Yah, can you hear what you’re saying?” She asked in disbelief. I responded with a nod.

“Ne.”  I shortly answered with a chuckle. “This marriage, I’m going to make it different from the others. I’m going to make it a happy one.” I stated carelessly with a smile.

Mwo?” She responded, a bit puzzled by what I just said. “Yah, have you lost your mind?”

“Of course not unnie.” I answered without hesitation. “By making it a happy one, I did not mean it in a romantic way.” I added as I tried to explain.

“Kindly elaborate it dongsengie. I can’t understand what you’re trying to say.” She tilted her head sideways, completely trying to comprehend everything that I had said.

“Unnie, happiness means friendship too right?” I said with a smile. “If we can make a beautiful friendship out of this arrange marriage. Then, we’ll be happy too right?” I added, anticipating for her answer.

“Aiyoo.” She chuckled whole-heartedly. “You’re really amazing, you know?” She said with a huge smile.

“Of course I am.” I replied conceitedly as I flipped my hair.

“I wish I could be like you.” She suddenly blurted out with a faint smile.

“Yah, unnie. What are you saying? You’re amazing too! I look up into you so much.” I said lightly poked her nose.

“Anyway, you have to get ready. Your wedding is starting soon.” She stated and stood up.


In 3, 2, 1. The sweet melody had started to play and it was my turn to walk in this elegant red-carpet showered with red roses. I walked slowly and as graceful as I can. I haven’t personally met my husband but I heard him saying cold words earlier about our marriage. He seemed bitter about it. Well, I could care less. I’m here to do my part. I was right in front of the altar right before I knew and my husband was already offering his elbow to me. I took a deep sigh and held into his arms.

“Jung Yunho, do you take Kwon Yuri to be your lawfully wedded wife, do you vow that you will do everything in your power to strengthen your commitment and love each and every day? Will you stand by her in sickness or in health, in poverty or in wealth, and will you shun all others and keep yourself to her alone as long as you both shall live?”  We were already doing the Pledge right before I noticed it. I always find weddings really long but today, why was it so fast? And oh, I never noticed that pledges we’re this long.

“I do.” Yunho replied monotonely. Ah, it’s my turn now.

“Kwon Yuri, do you take Jung Yunho, to be your lawfully wedded husband,  do you vow that you will do everything in your power to strengthen your commitment and love each and every day? Will you stand by her in sickness or in health, in poverty or in wealth, and will you shun all others and keep yourself to her alone as long as you both shall live?”  Aiyoo, this vow seemed endless but anyway..

“Ne, I do.” I replied cheerfully earning a stare from Jung Yunho. I just slightly pouted and shrugged while he smirked. We moved on into saying our scripted vows and exchanged our rings. And after that, was the peak of this ceremony and it was..

“By the power vested in me by the country of Korea, I now pronounce you husband and wife.”The priest slowly said. Oh my, here it goes.. “You may now kiss your Bride.” Yunho’s eyes slightly widened, he seemed to be taken back by the priest’s word. Does this guy doesn’t know how stuffs like this goes on? We both faced each other slowly and I can tell with his eyes that he’s hesitating to do so.

“Yah, we can’t stare at each other forever don’t we?” I exclaimed in a whisper that only he can hear.

“Mwo?” He responded in an almost-dumb manner. I took a slight sigh; I guess he didn’t understand me.

“This will be the last time I’m going to do this so forgive me.” As soon as I finished stating it, I already landed my lips into his. I made sure that it didn’t last for 10 seconds though.

“Kkeut.” I said with a smile while he smirked as we faced the people clapping right in front of us.


A/N: *drumrolls I present to you chapter 1~ Lol. Comment and subscribe okaay? ^o^v And oh, about WCGM, the next chapter is coming soon~ So, wait for it! ;)