Chapter 18 - Seven Brothers, Seven Lives [FINALE!]

Distance At Hand

“Ryeowook! Welcome back!”

 

Kyuhyun woke up to the shouting of Eunhyuk, it was a warning.

 

“Hyung, long time no see! Ah, hello Donghae hyung!” Ryeowook greeted, handing them gifts.

 

“How have you been?” Donghae kindly asked, Eunhyuk quietly slipped away into Kyuhyun's room as Donghae and Ryeowook conversed casually.

 

“Kyuhyun, Ryeowook is here!” Eunhyuk whispered into the room.

 

Kyuhyun was already out of bed and dressed by the time Eunhyuk reached his room. Kyuhyun shoved Eunhyuk out the door and gestured for him to stay quiet, Kyuhyun was going to give Ryeowook a surprise.

 

Ryeowook settled his items and chatted with Eunhyuk and Donghae for a while, eventually Eunhyuk decided to prepare some drinks and Donghae followed closely behind him. Ryeowook took the chance to visit Kyuhyun's room, remembering the necklace he hadn't seen in so long.

 

Kyuhyun hid behind the door and Ryeowook entered, immediately Ryeowook headed towards the desk drawer where he last placed the necklace. It was an obvious place, Ryeowook didn't want it to be too hard for Kyuhyun to find.

 

The necklace wasn't there.

 

Perplexed, Ryeowook took a seat at the desk and quietly thought to himself. Kyuhyun grinned while watching Ryeowook.

 

“Are you looking for something?” asked Kyuhyun, finally deciding to show himself.

 

Kyuhyun closed the door as Ryeowook jumped to his feet.

 

“You're back?”

 

Kyuhyun nodded, “couldn't find it, huh?”

 

Ryeowook shyly lowered his head and shut his eyes, he felt embarrassed.

 

“You shouldn't have taken it off in the first place,” Kyuhyun said sternly, taking the necklace and wrapped it around Ryeowook's neck, “it looks best on you.”

 

“When did you come back?”

 

“Yesterday.”

 

“Have you seen Sungmin-sshi yet?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“Ah, did you... see my letter?”

 

“Yup.”

 

Ryeowook's cheeks flushed red, he never thought it would be this hard to face this moment when it finally came. Five years, he waited five years for this day.

 

“Why did you think I would come to you?” Kyuhyun asked curiously, sitting on his bed.

 

“I didn't,” Ryeowook answered, “but I thought maybe you would give me a chance.”

 

“You never asked me for one before, the four years we met and the month we spent on the cruise, you never asked me to look at you,” Kyuhyun replied with a straight face.

 

“I didn't-”

 

Kyuhyun frowned, “you didn't, indeed. You watched me and Min, watched our intimacy, and saw how great we got along.” He was purposely trying make it hard on Ryeowook.

 

“That's right, I did,” Ryeowook grinned when he said this.

 

“You're grinning?” Kyuhyun questioned while walking over to Ryeowook. Nodding, Ryeowook backed himself up against the wall.

 

“Why are you grinning?” Kyuhyun asked, cornering Ryeowook with his arms.

 

Ryeowook shook his head with his eyes closed. His heart was thumping so hard he was sure Kyuhyun could hear it.

 

“That's right, you don't know.”

 

Kyuhyun lowered his lips to Ryeowook's ears as he gently massaged his cheek with his right hand. Ryeowok opened his eyes and stared into Kyuhyun's, his gaze filled with emotions.

 

Softly, almost silently, Kyuhyun whispered three words. A smile spread across Ryeowook's face. For the first time, Ryeowook was going to take the initiative.

 

“Me too,” Ryeowook answered. Pushing Kyuhyun back to his full height, Ryeowook wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun's neck and reached up to meet Kyuhyun's lips.

 

Their kiss was intimate, it was intense, it was filled with emotions they had both held back for the past five years and even more. The kiss grew deeper, their desires grew stronger, but...

 

“Oh! I did not want to see that!”

 

Eunhyuk had the door wide open, Donghae standing beside him.

 

“What?” asked Donghae, half excited and half worried.

 

“You don't want to know,” Eunhyuk answered.

 

“You're disturbing us,” Kyuhyun scolded, walking over to close the door.

 

“...I think I know,” Donghae said as the door slammed in their face.

 

Eunhyuk sighed and pushed Donghae into the kitchen, “they'll be here soon.”

 

“Aren't they... uh... busy?” asked Donghae.

 

Eunhyuk grinned, he knew both of them too well.

 

“Ugh, I'm not in the mood anymore,” Kyuhyun complained, taking off his jacket and slamming it onto the bed.

 

Ryeowook laughed and opened the door, “let's go.”

 

Kyuhyun held his hand out to Ryeowook, it was the first time he had ever wanted someone to take his hand so badly.

 

“I'm waiting,” Kyuhyun teased, pouting at Ryeowook.

 

Ryeowook laughed and turned to walk out the door, “you can wait a little longer then.”

 

“Hey!” Kyuhyun shouted, running to catch up with Ryeowook. Their fingers intertwined as they felt each others warmth through their palms.

 

This was it. This was exactly the warmth they had been searching for all along. Four years, five years, no matter how long the wait was, they both knew the wait was over. All they had now was the future, a future together.

 

“You won't leave again, right?” asked Ryeowook, feeding Kyuhyun some breakfast.

 

“Only if you throw me away,” Kyuhyun joked.

 

Like this, they spent the rest of their days together. Joking, laughing, smiling and crying with all of the ones they loved. Yesung, Heechul, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun... two pairs of lovers, seven brothers, seven lives and a lot of love.   

END