Banquet

The Guys Next Door

Youngbae's P.O.V

 

I was sitting on the couch, happy over the fact that we were finally gathered. All nine of us, and we weren't fighting or anything like that, even though Bom and Seunghyun weren't talking to each other at all. I could see that we were all having a great time and I'm glad.

 

"Aren't they cute?" Dara whispered as I looked at her confused to who she was talking about. She pointed her finger in the direction of Jiyong and Chaerin as I chuckled at the sight. They were bickering, more like Chae was the only one bickering and Jiyong was just smiling and most likely saying his usual cheesy lines in hope of charming her. 

 

"They sure are." I replied as we both seemed to be staring at them. They suddenly noticed our staring as they turned their attention our way. 

 

"Why are you looking at us like that?" Chaerin narrowed her eyes at us questiongly.

 

"We were just saying that you guys were really cute." Dara grinned as Chaerin blushed a deep shade of red making Jiyong smirk. 

 

"I know. No need to blush, Hunchae, we do make a very cute couple." Jiyong exclaimed loudly as Chaerin smacked his chest embarrassed.

 

"Well, we're not a couple, so I can't care less." She retorted pulling away from him. He frowned before wrapping his arm around her waist again. He leaned closer whispering something into her ear as she blushed before he lospidedly grinned at her. She rolled her eyes at him before resting her head on his chest as they started talking. They were indeed a cute couple, and things seemed to be going good on their side. I'm sad I can't say the same thing about Seunghyun and Bom. 

 

"What's on your mind, baby?" Dara asked while snuggling closer to me as I s my arm around her, smiling. 

 

"You." I looked down at her, grinning cheekily. 

 

"Even though that sounds really sweet, I know that's not what you're thinking about, Bae." She furrowed her eyebrows at me, making me chuckle. 

 

"You know me too well, huh? But I do think about you most of the time, so you're also on my mind. Seunghyun and Bom only crossed my mind, that was it. It's sad seeing my bestfriend so heartbroken all the time, and I'm sure it's not as easy on Bom noona either. She may be showing otherwise, but I'm sure she's not as okay as she portrays to be. My heart just goes out to them, but I'm still happy that we're gathered like this today. It feels good." I muttered the last part before softly kissing the crown of her head. 

 

"They'll be fine. Everybody needs to deal with some kind of struggle, I believe they can handle it." She responded reassuringly as I nodded in response. 

 

"Are any of you going to that banquet that is tonight?" Bom exclaimed suddenly. 

 

"Seungri, Seunghyun hyung and myself, and maybe Daesung. I'm guessing you're going too?" I answered.

 

"Yeah, Taec is after all the host and considering how I'm his date and all, I kinda have to go." She chuckled before continuing. "And I'm also going in behalf of The Park Corporation." She responded as Seunghyun looked at her blankly, he seemed kind of mad almost. 

 

"Are you guys dating now? You and Taecyeon?" Jiyong exclaimed as Seunghyun seemed to be scowling at him for even asking the question. 

 

"I'm not quite sure actually." She shrugged as I noticed how Seunghyun clenched his fist because of the answer.

 

"Do you see yourself in a relationship with the guy?" Jiyong asked again. 

 

"Maybe." She responded shyly before we heard someone slam the table nearby as we all turned our direction that way. Seunghyun scoffed and stood up looking furious before leaving the living room in a hurry.

 

"Aren't you a bit too harsh on the poor guy, Bom?" Dara said softly while wrapping her arms tighter around my waist. 

 

"How come? I didn't say anything wrong. And I don't see how you're pitying him. We're not in a relationship, he doesn't have anything to do with me, so I can do whatever I want." Dara frowned at Bom's answer. 

 

"I know it's really easy to say that, but even though you're not dating, he still loves you. And it hurts him that you're saying stuff like that around him, don't get me wrong, Bom. I know it's not only hard on him, I'm just telling you to not be so harsh. But then again, it's up to you what you decide on cause I don't get much of what's going on between you two. I'm not taking sides or anything like that, I know what he did wasn't fair to you, but it wouldn't be fair to him either if you are hurting him on purpose." She exclaimed gently as she gave Bom a faint smile.

 

"Whatever." Bom replied bluntly before leaving.

 

"Aish, did I say anything wrong?" Dara asked worried.

 

"No, don't worry, unnie. You know Bom unnie can be like that sometimes, she's not mad at you. I do agree in what you told her and I'm guessing she just doesn't wanna admit a couple of things to herself. It's not your fault." Chaerin reassured as the rest of us nodded in agreement. I ran my hand up and down her arm giving her a gentle smile.

 

"My Hunchae is so good with words." Jiyong proudly exclaimed as the rest of us chuckled while Chaerin rolled her eyes.

 

"Way to ruin the moment, Ji." I said smirking.

 

"What? I totally lightened up the mood in here, you welcome guys." He responded sarcastically.

 

"You're such a doofus." Chaerin shook her head with a little smile on her face as she stood up from the couch and left towards the kitchen.

 

"I'll just, you know, follow her." Jiyong said awkwardly before joining her in the kitchen.

 

 

Chaerin's P.O.V 

 

"Penny for your thoughts." Some very familiar arms wrapped themselves around my waist as I looked up to meet the eyes of Jiyong. 

 

"It's nothing." I tried to shrug him off me, but he only tightened his hold on me.

 

"You sure you don't wanna talk about it? I know it's something." He whispered resting his head on the crook of my neck. 

 

"I'm sure." I murmured as he nodded againt my neck. 

 

"I understand." He breathed out heavily while pulling away. 

 

"What is this we're doing, Jiyong? What are we? Cause we both know we're not a couple." She exclaimed while leaning her back on the kitchen counter as she sighed. 

 

"Not yet, but we will be. I'm not giving up on you, Chae. Even though I sometimes feel like there is no hope for us and that you don't love me as you did before. And I try really hard not to complain, but it's still dificult for me. All of this is." He replied frustratedly.

 

"Isn't this complaining? No offence Jiyong, but if it's so damn difficult I'm not forcing you into any of this. It's not too late to back out if you don't want this." I responded. I felt bad seeing the hurtful look on his face when I said that, but ignored it. 

 

"Just forget we ever had this conversation." He looked at me upset before leaving the kitchen. I sighed while running a hand through my hair. If only everything wasn't so damn complicated.

 

 

Seunghyun's P.O.V
 

I arrived not long ago as I was currently greeting other business people. The guys also left me to talk to others. I noticed Bom step in linking arms with Taecyeon as everyone in the hall seemed to pay attention to them. I frowned when I saw how he held her hand every time he introduced her to someone. 

 

"Long time no see." I heard a voice call out from behind me. I turned around to meet Se7en and Han byul with intertwined hands. 

 

"Man, I've missed you guys." I smiled before hugging both of them. "It's been so long." 

 

"I know. This year a lot of things has happened. Us getting engaged for one." Se7en smirked while holding up Byul's hand as she blushed shyly. My eyes widened in surprise.

 

"Congratulations. I knew it was ought to happen sooner or later. When did it happen though? You didn't even tell me." I pouted as Han Byul chuckled at my attempt of acting cute. 

 

"It happened last week. I knew you guys were gonna show up here so I waited till then, but who are you to say that? I stumbled past the others earlier and you never introduced me to your girlfriend, none of you have actually. And as far as I know you guys have had a pretty interesting year." Se7en raised an eyebrow. 

 

"You better spill." Han Byul threatened playfully. 

 

"You see that girl with Taecyeon?" I pointed at Bom as she laughed at something Taecyeon said. They seemed like a couple acting all lovey-dovey, pretty disturbing actually.

 

"Yeah, Park Bom is her name, she's here on the behalf of Park Corporation. I would know, they own the greatest resturants in town, competing against our owns. Now she's also Taec's new girlfriend, he introduced us earlier. But why are you changing the subject?" He frowned at me as Han Byul looked confused. 

 

"I'm not changing the subject, hyung. That girl is the one the guys were talking about, she's unfortunately my ex now." I answered while their expressions turned shocked as they looked back at her. 

 

"What did you do?" Han Byul accused me right away. 

 

"Noona, why do you have to think so low of me?" I pouted. 

 

"I don't Seunghyun, but sometimes you can be quite an idiot. No offence, I still love you." She patted my head smiling at me as I scoffed at her. 

 

"Just tell us what happened. Cause I clearly want to know why she's with Taecyeon now." Se7en exclaimed impatiently. 

 

"Well, it was my fault. I made a huge mistake, hyung. I lied and I cheated and I hurt her. I went behind her back seeing Tiffany. And I know we didn't go for, but it was enough to hurt her and that's what matters. I don't know why the hell he's introducing her as his girlfriend. The gang met up earlier today and she wasn't even sure what they were. Now they're suddenly a couple?" I scowled at the couple that obviously had no problems displaying their so called affection for each other. 

 

"Hold up now. Tiffany? Dude you got yourself in some mess there. Though I really want to scold you right now, I'm kinda guessing you're already aware of your stupid actions. So now I'm gonna give you an advice. Get your girl back, and that fast. From what you're telling me I don't think she loves that guy the same way she loves you." Se7en said squeezing my shoulder.

 

"She's afraid, Seunghyun. She most likely loves you, but she's having second doubts trusting you. And besides, she's probably determined not to accept you anytime soon. That's what I'm thinking from a woman's point of view. I'm not sure, but no matter what happens don't give up on her if you're so serious about her." Han Byul said comfortingly as she smiled.

 

"Thanks hyung and noona. I appreciate it, I've missed you. And we have to keep in touch this time, cause when I do get her back I have to introduce her to my favorite hyung and noona. I'm exited you guys are finally engaged. Am I gonna be an uncle soon or what?" I smirked nudging Se7en as Han byul flushed a deep shade of red.

 

"Of course you are. We're working on it." He winked as both of us chuckled. Han Byul smacked his chest embarrassed. My laughing came to a halt as I felt myself getting madder by the second. Not far away from us Taecyeon and Bom stood there kissing. And guess what? He was the one who initiated it, but she was happily kissing him back. I strode over to where they were pulling Taecyeon away as I grabbed his collar before landing a fist on his jaw. Furious I left the hall as I heard the guys calling for me. 

 

The clicking of stiletto heels behind me stopped me from continuing to my car. I knew very well who it was without turning around. "What is it, Bom?" I asked as I faced her. 

 

"What it is? You freaking punched my friend across the face and you're asking me what it is?!" She yelled mad as I clenched my fists. 

 

"I thought he was more than just a friend. In fact he went around introducing you as his girlfriend. What was that about?" I asked scowling at her. 

 

"I thought you said you wouldn't care if I got a boyfriend?" She replied scoffing. 

 

"I meant I wouldn't care as in I would continue trying to get you back, not that I would accept you being with other guys. Hell, I was the one embarrassing myself in front of a bunch of important business people, I made a ing fool out of myself for you. I screwed everything else because I honestly didn't care as long as that bastard had his hands off you and you chase after me to what? Stamp on my feelings some more? I love you Bom, but to me it seems like you're doing this to hurt me, some kind of revenge for what I did. For the umpteenth time; I regret it, and if I could take it back I would, in a heartbeat, but I would never do anything like that to hurt you on purpose. Never." I shook my head meeting her eyes as I looked at her upset before leaving. I ruffled my hair in anger and hurt as I drove away from there in a hurry. If I stayed there longer I was afraid I was going to break down in front of her.