1

AGENT K14

Kai’s POV


It was an ordinary day for everyone… but not for me.


‘Work on it, ASAP. I need to hear your updates.’ The chairman’s voice rang inside my head as I find myself wasting my time, staring at the possible future I have if not for being what I am now.


There is the love of my life, Kwon Hana, standing just a few meters away from me, blankly staring at the things her friend is pointing at her.


A wave of pain squeezed my heart. For years, she’s still like that…


“Hana, are you listening? You’re spacing out again, aren’t you?” Her friend waved her hand in front of her face to catch her attention. “Ohh…” She shook her head in reply and smiled apologetically at her, “I’m sorry… I was just thinking.”


Her friend looked at her in pity… Hana, no… please don’t be like that… It’s hurting me, I whispered in my mind.


‘Move it agent K14.’ I heard my partner hiss using the earphones tucked in my left ear.


“I’m moving.” I mumbled.


‘No, you’re not. I can see from here.’ She scoffed. ‘You better not screw this up just because of her, agent K14. You know why your reasons and you know the consequences.’


Pain struck me again.


I cringed my forehead and was about to leave when I suddenly heard a gasp. I panicked so I turned my head towards Hana. And , she was looking at me…


“J…Jongin…ah…” Her hand went up to cover . Her eyes, widened at me as she stared at me in disbelief. “Oh god, you’re really here…!” And she instantly ran towards me and threw her hands around my neck.


I stiffened. But I shouldn’t show any emotions. I shouldn’t respond to her. I just…can’t.


“B…Baby, you’re really here… Oh god…” Her tears… when did I began being the cause of them?


“I… Excuse me, miss.” I coughed awkwardly, on purpose. And I started acting as if I don’t know her. “I think you mistook me for someone else.” I cheekily smiled at her and scratched the back of my head.


“E…Eh?”


“I don’t know you, miss. I’m sorry, but I guess I’m not the guy you’re referring to.” I tried to look embarrassed. Of course, I’m trained how to act in times like this.


“But… You’re Jongin! You’re him! You’re exactly him, I know!” She burst out; her tears, threatening to escape her eyes. "Don't lie to me! I know it's you! I can feel it! Please..." She was still crying. I find it hard to breathe, but I remained impassive. "Jongin ah... Don't... Please..." She hugged me again, tightly. Oh god, her smell... the sound of her voice...


I’m starting to hate myself for being so unprofessional deep inside. If only I wasn’t trained that well to hold my feelings, I could’ve thrown my arms around her now. I just wanted to hug her, to kiss her… but I just can’t… I can’t anymore…


“Hana… What are you d— Oh my god! Jongin!” Her friend came.


‘Get out of there, K14. I told you this was a wrong idea.’


“I’m sorry, ladies. You have completely mistaken about me. I’m Kai… I’m not Jongin.”


“Oh,” the friend looked at me in disbelief, but then she shifted her gaze towards Hana and stared at her in worry. “Hana… Don’t be like this.” Then she looked at me again. “I’m sorry, Kai-sshi. It’s just that… My friend hasn’t still gotten over her boyfriend. He died three years ago…”


“I apologize for what happened,” I bowed my head courtly.


“Oh please don’t. It was a long time ago already… It’s just that, you really look like him. I’m starting to feel worried about my friend again.” She glanced at Hana who is currently crying right now and rubbed her back. “It’ll be okay… Come on, let’s get you something to eat.”


Hana glanced at me the last time before she quickly turned her head away. I know she’ll just be hurt seeing me. I really shouldn’t have come here…


‘Move, K14!’ My partner yelled.


With a last glance at her, I gulped the feeling of longing to hold her and proceeded to my mission.


Angel is in a safe place right now.” I spoke as I held my earphone. “Hack the system now and make sure Mr. Kwon is out of the building. Remember, their safety is important.”


“Roger that,” Agent T18 replied.


Angel is still not safe.” Agent I08, my partner, informed. I suddenly froze. “Block the passages around the mall immediately! Someone’s planning a kidnapping attack!”


I panicked. My eyes widened as I turn my head to watch Hana and her friend enter a restaurant.


“K14! They’re on their way to the 3rd floor! Protect Angel!” I08 yelled.


“That’s what I’ve been doing for three years!!” I snapped angrily and began to run pass in front of the restaurant to eye the intruders.


For three years… just for her happiness and safety… I’ve given up my own freedom… my own life…


I’ve become a spy… Against my will… Just to protect her… That’s how much I love her…








_____________________________________________________________________

an after story will be posted next. will PM everyone who'll leave a reply.