MO.DO.L & Shots

The Art of the Other

AN

Sorry about the late update;;; More consistent updates might start next week when I get back home from my university town.

And if my readers from YH haven't noticed already, I'm trying to write the fic entirely in third person;; Tis a challenge to myself you know?

 


 

Tao told SeHun that they wouldn’t be hanging out with LuHan, Kris and ChanYeol that night.

Tao claimed that ChanYeol cancelled on them and that they should have soju bombs another time, because they were busy.

Tao suggested that they go clubbing tonight without the neighbours anyway since it would have been his first time clubbing in Seoul, and he wanted to do something tonight rather than just waste a perfectly good evening.

 

SeHun eventually agreed, believing every word Tao said, because he said it all so innocently and sincerely.

It was impossible for innocent Tao to lie to him. Impossible.

Tao could never betray him. Never, ever.

 

But Tao can.

 

“Biaaaan tai!” LuHan slurred as he pranced past the younger boy in his drunken state.

 

He remembered ChanYeol informing him that LuHan was a lightweight when he, Kai and Tao bumped into them in the club about thirty minutes ago – he had noticed Tao and ChanYeol exchanging winks. Apparently all it took was one soju bomb for LuHan to get completely wasted. And LuHan was indeed wasted.

 

At least LuHan wasn’t giving him deathly glares anymore; well, at least for tonight.

 

“SeHun! What are you doing here? You should come to the dance floor!” ChanYeol skipped clumsily towards him, ignoring the fact that he just banged his knee against the table along the way.

 

“Don’t want to.” SeHun pouted, slumping down against the sofa even more, fairly tipsy but definitely not drunk.

 

ChanYeol took a seat next to him, mimicking SeHun’s pout, “why?”

 

“I’ll do something stupid again.”

 

“Everyone does stupid things when they’re drunk, there was this one time where I hugged Kris from behind and grabbed his-“

 

“I’ll do something stupid to make LuHan hate me again.”

 

ChanYeol paused, thinking for a moment before he replied enthusiastically, “I do stupid things to LuHan all the time, a few days ago I-”

 

“I grabbed his chest last night thinking that he was a girl.”

 

ChanYeol shook his head in dismay, “that’s ual assault SeHunnie, LuHan said that he hates being mistaken for a girl.”

 

“Great,” SeHun groaned into his hands thinking that LuHan will forever hold a grudge on him.

 

ChanYeol chuckled, “why LuHan though? It’s not like he has a chest like a girl’s anyway, at least grab a girl with D cups!”

 

D cups, really?

 

SeHun ran his fingers down against his face, pulling on the skin out of frustration, “because I like him.”

 

“I like him too, but it doesn’t mean that I’m going to go ahead and grab-”

 

“Not that like. The other like.”

 

ChanYeol flinched before an ‘o’ shape was formed on his lips.

 

“So you swing that way.” ChanYeol concluded.

 

SeHun shook his head, “no, it’s just LuHan. I like girls, but LuHan’s just...different.”

 

He then began to recall what happened yesterday morning when LuHan was moving in.

 

SeHun had just arrived in the car park of the accommodation site, waiting for the van with his belongings to arrive, when he noticed LuHan knocking at the door next to his flat with boxes next to him.

 

He remembered how LuHan smiled brightly as he greeted Kris at the door, how he laughed ever so softly when ChanYeol tripped over one of his boxes, and how adorable he looked when blew his slightly sweaty bangs after moving everything inside.

LuHan really got SeHun mesmerised when he ran both his hands through his hair, causing his bangs to lift up and stay up before he took a long swig of water from a bottle. SeHun gulped when he noticed water trickling from the corners of his lips and down against his throat.

 

LuHan wasn’t only pretty and cute; he was pretty damn y too.

 

At the time he didn’t think about the possibility of LuHan being a guy, especially when LuHan pulled out a pink hair bobble from his pocket to tie his bangs up. They were heart shaped as well for God’s sake.

And because SeHun was in the car park, far away from the flats, he didn’t get to hear LuHan’s guy-like voice.

 

SeHun sighed, eyes transfixed on LuHan who was still dancing away on the dance floor, snarling at guys who attempted to feel up his , “my heart still races every time I see him, even if he is a guy.”

 

ChanYeol bit his lip, looking around before he leaned in towards SeHun’s ear, whispering, “would it make you feel better if I told you that LuHan’s biual?”

 

SeHun’s eyes widened, turning to face ChanYeol who only grinned back at him before pursing his lips as he pressed an index finger against them.

 

But SeHun’s slightly surprised expression soon dropped again, “but he still hates me.”

 

“He said that you were cute.”

 

SeHun’s jaw dropped at the very word ‘cute’.

He was ready to pull on the collar of ChanYeol’s shirt demanding him for more information until a curvaceous girl ran towards him, pulling him off the sofa.

 

“ChanYeol oppa! You promised me that you’ll treat me to soju bombs tonight.” She whined as she tugged on his arm.

 

He smiled at her, dropping his goofy and aloof expression in a second for a more sophisticated one, “Ah did I?” he responded with  a voice that was perhaps an octave lower than his normal voice.

 

The girl nodded her head erratically, clearly already drunk out of her mind, “Neh oppa.”

 

ChanYeol begun to walk them both away from SeHun and the sofa, shooting SeHun an apologetic smile quickly before focusing on the girl again, “Ah, my HyunJi has an amazing memory.”

 

SeHun didn’t know whether to be shocked at LuHan calling him ‘cute’ or ChanYeol’s sudden change of personality when girls approach him.

He was almost like the second Kai. Almost.

 

At the very thought of a second Kai, which sent shivers down his spine, Kai’s high pitched agitated voice suddenly flowed into his ears.

 

“SEHUN! WE’RE LEAVING!” the older boy yelled as he grabbed SeHun’s arm.

 

SeHun tried to pry off Kai’s sweaty hand, half reluctant to leave because of LuHan, “why?”

 

“My night has been ruined!”

 

SeHun glanced down at Kai’s clean jeans.

 

“Your jeans look fine.”

 

Kai groaned in irritation before tugging SeHun’s arm forcefully. SeHun decided that it was best not to question. It looked like Kai was ready to throw a punch at someone.

 

“What about Tao?” SeHun questioned, not wanting to abandon Tao even though he betrayed him earlier.

 

“Kris will take care of him.”

 

Before the two could even make it out of the sofa area a short and small framed guy stepped out from the side, stopping them.

 

Kai groaned loudly as scrunched his face in frustration.

This guy was the one who ruined his night.

 

His hair was styled fashionably upwards, making his face appear smaller and slightly more child-like. He wore a pale blue blazer, white v-neck shirt and pastel pink pants – not something that you would usually see in clubs but it suited him well, his entire outfit looked expensive. Despite the layers it didn’t even look like he sweated at all despite the heated atmosphere of the club.

His eyes were wide and round, even though they were slightly narrowed at a pained Kai.

 

His lips opened, “I haven’t-”

 

“Leave me alone.” Kai cried out before attempting to take a step to the side to escape, but the shorter guy stopped him.

 

“At least take my business card.”

 

“I don’t want a business card from some molester like you.”

 

The stranger gaped, offended, “Hey! I said I was just checking if you had an S-line or not!”

 

“You don’t feel an S-line! You see an S-line!”

 

“Do you really expect me to be able to see it that clearly amongst a sea of people?!”

 

SeHun could only stand and watch these two argue seeing as Kai still had a tight grip around his wrist.

 

Kai sighed heavily in annoyance before shoving the guy to the side, causing him to fall to the floor with a loud thud. SeHun’s eyes kept looking back at the guy with slight guilt as Kai started dragging him out of the club.

 

Before they reached the door SeHun saw the guy trailing behind him, pushing his way through the crowds with one hand holding against what appeared to be the injured arm that he landed on. He quickly produced a shiny card out of his pocket and pressed it against SeHun’s free hand, telling him to make sure that Kai sees it before he quickly made his way to the toilets.

 

Once they were out of the club SeHun flung his hand away from Kai’s loosened grip.

 

“You didn’t have to push him so hard you know. You could’ve injured him.” He reprimanded Kai before looking down at the shiny silver business card. His brows raised in surprise after reading it, he whistled, “wow.”

 

Kai ignored him, “I don’t care. He ing d me! He had his hands roaming all over my chest like some dirty sleazeball! That’s ual assault I tell you!” he wiped his shirt frantically as if the guy left deadly germs on it, “I thought he was a ing girl as well, ing prick had really soft and dainty hands like a girl’s-”

 

“I’ll have you know that that ‘ing prick’ is called Do KyungSoo.” SeHun mused.

 

Kai scoffed, “and?”

 

“A representative of ‘MO.DO.L’.”

 

Kai froze.

 

“Model scouter.”

 

Silence filled in before Kai uttered a slew of profanities under his breath.

 

SeHun smirked.

It didn’t take a genius to figure out that such a narcissistic guy like Kai would be interested in modelling. After all, it was another way to get closer to chicks, supermodel ones at that. Kai wouldn’t even have to bother with the average ones at university.

And most importantly it was MO.DO.L; Korea’s best modelling company, renowned worldwide.

 

“Oh it; I wouldn’t want to work with a ert like him anyway.” Kai spat, kicking the dirt under his shoes before he stormed off.

 

Yet, at the very back of his mind, he was contemplating on it.

 

* * * * * * * * * *

 

Meanwhile, back in the club, Tao and Kris were busy downing shots at a table with two strangers sitting opposite them. A small crowd of girls were forming around them, mainly because of Kris.

 

“Can you handle the eighth shot?” one of the two strangers snickered before downing his shot.

 

Kris’ palms were clammy. His fingers trembled slightly as they wrapped themselves tightly around a shot glass. His brows narrowing as he had begun to find it hard to keep himself upright and stable upon the chair.

Tao looked worriedly at him as he downed his eighth shot, unaffected by the alcohol so far.

 

Earlier they were fine and pretty much sober when they were drinking at the bar. Then girls started approaching them, well mainly towards Kris, and things started going downhill from then on.

 

Kris was too nice to reject the girls who kept coaxing him to buy them drinks. Tao could only watch helplessly from the sidelines, feeling the pain of Kris’ wallet every time a note was fished out from it permanently.

 

The elder was attracting far too much attention. So much that he somehow lured two intimidated and jealous guys over who ended up challenging them to a drinking battle in hopes to earn popularity points.

Unfortunately their plan failed when the two realised that the girls were cheering on for whom they dubbed as the “hot guy” – Kris.  

 

“Come on Kris, just a few more shots and those two guys will be knocked flat out.” Tao encouraged with a low voice.

 

Kris looked over at the younger boy with slight scepticism, “I think I’ll pass out way before those two pass out, my ing face is burning!”

 

Tao chuckled, “You’re right, it’s pretty red.”

 

Kris then noticed how Tao looked perfectly fine, as if he never drank the eight glasses of straight vodka at all.

 

“How are you able to last this long?”

 

“Practice I guess..?” Tao replied before leaning over and placing a hand on Kris’, bringing it up along with the shot glass to Kris’ lips, “now drink.”

 

Kris could feel Tao’s thumb against his lips, he could taste its sweetness as he downed the shot glass.

 

“Aw, what’s this? You need your boyfriend to help you drink?” one of the guys on the other side cooed.

 

Before Kris could even reply the lids of his eyes drooped, his body grew heavy, and he felt himself leaning forwards towards the table before he out. The shot glasses jolted as Kris’ torso fell upon the table, causing them to spill a bit.

 

Tao winced as the girls made tiny shrieks.

 

One of the guys smirked, “oh so we won?”

 

Tao sighed and grabbed another shot glass from the center of the table before downing it in one gulp.

 

“Not quite,” he his lips, “there’s still me.”

 

A few minutes later the two on the other side were knocked out after their twelfth. By then, the crowd had already dispersed, only a quarter of the original crowd remained since the eye candy of the battle was lying unconscious against the table. The remaining quarter happened to be made up of mostly males who booed at the two guys at the very end.

 

Though Tao would like to think that he’s sober, he was actually fairly tipsy. He didn’t acknowledge this until he attempted to stand up only to stumble to the side a bit.

But luckily, for Kris, Tao was still able to carry him home safely – although Kris had originally planned earlier that evening on helping a drunken Tao back home instead.