The man in the mirror

A letter to my old self...

 

HEADLINES:

                “SUPER JUNIOR SCOOPS TOP 1 FROM SEVERAL MUSIC AWARDS THIS YEAR!!!”

               

Ryeowook’s POV:

               

                Yeah... that’s right...

                I smiled at the magazine featuring me and the members... holding up 3 different awards. There were smiles on our faces... others teared up like. There were 9 of us in the picture... smiling in front of the camera. Teukie-hyung was really grateful to the fans and members that he too, teared up for the sacrifices we made.

                It’s our day off... and I’m lazying myself around the house. The other members are also taking their time to relax themselves. I smiled at them... as they were lively chatting with each other as though there are nothing to worry about.

                I turned my gaze to Teukie-hyung. He was busy scribbling something on a paper, I guess he’s arranging our schedules for the week. It’s no joke making schedules for the 9 of us. Teukie hyung was scratching his head, trying to analyze something from the paper.

                He’s too stressed already... So I guess I have to make him something to lighten up his mood ^^

                I went to the kitchen and made some refreshing drink. I went to the fridge and grabbed a concentrated juice powder and pour it on a pitcher. It was strawberry-flavoured one. It was then I felt someone beside me... Hyukkie-hyung.

                “Can I?” Hyukie hyung asked with a gummy smile. I chuckled.

                “Sure, hyung” I said and gave him a glass of the drink I made. He went away to watch TV with DongHae-hyung.

                I grabbed another glass and brought it together with the pitcher towards the table. I poured the drink and Teukie-hyung looked at me, dumbfounded.

                “For me?” He asked brightly.

                “Neh” I said with a smile.

                “Thanks!” He said and grabbed the glass and took a gulp of it. “Aaaahhh so refreshing.”

                I took another glass and poured one for me. I sat beside him and watch him write all the complicated schedules. I scratched my head... I wonder how he ever managed making it for them? It seemed so difficult. Teukie-hyung must have noticed me and he chuckled.

                “Is it that hard, hyung?” I asked.

                “Well... not really” Teukie-hyung said as he stretched his arms. “I’m finished”

                “Ohhh... it seemed so complicated” I said and looked at Kyu’s schedule.

                “You just match the time and the show... that’s it” Leeteuk-hyung said.

                “It’s unbelievable, hyung... how do you do it when there are 9 of us?” I asked, looking at him in admiration. Teukie hyung smiled and ruffled my hair.

                “I managed... it’s hard but you can still work it out... even though there are 9 of us... but I rather having 13 of us to arrange the schedules.” Leeteuk hyung said and left with the papers.

                I sat there... thinking what Teukie-hyung just said...

 

                ‘Even though there are 9 of us... but I rather having 13 of us to arrange the schedules’

 

                Yeah... I miss it. Our old group... when we are complete. There are so many changes... nothing remained the same. I looked back at the magazine I was reading. I saw our picture... even though how much we smiled, there is always something missing on the background.

                It would be so much better if... if 13 of us stands there, with smiles on our face while receiving the award...

                I could even remember... the day when TeuKie-hyung and Kyu had an accident years ago... there we were at the hospital. It seemed to be a long evening... the members gathered around, waiting for news. I never thought it would happen...

                We were at the verge of losing, but stayed strong. We prayed for a miracle to save them... my heart ached as I thought of losing any member. But then... we became more stronger after that incident that we promised to stay strong.

                But then... there goes Kibum... I don’t blame him for choosing acting. In fact I was happy... that he’s happy right now. Then Kangin hyung... I was hurt for what had happened to him... but at least Kangin hyung and Kibum still there right?

                Hankyung hyung... my heart ached for what just happened... he left a scar in us...

                Things... just changed. Like me...

                Nothing remained the same...

                For a few days now, I’ve been bothered. I could hear people saying, ‘he’s changed’ while shaking their heads. I was blind at first... I wondered what made people say that?

                I was hurt of course... they were not able to see the positive outcome in me, but because of that image, I’ve reached here... right? I’ve gained so much fame...

                I smiled at my achievements... especially when I won awards because of what I’ve become. I was recognized... at first I thought no one likes me because of what I am... but look! I’ve been receiving so much love~~~ but then... why do I feel sad?

                I shook the thought of me and went to the bathroom. I watched myself in the mirror... Of course I could see me. But then... there’s another image being drawn in the mirror. It’s another person... It’s not me... the person who controls my body... the other me.

                I stood there, with a shirt and a sweatpants on while on the mirror was a person with a heavy make up and stylish clothes like those seen being wore by villains.

                “Who are you...” I spoke looking at the mirror. It seemed that I lost myself... the person in the mirror smiled at me...

                “I’m you, of course” It spoke in my mind. I looked down... with my tears falling as I retreat myself towards my room.

                How did it happen to me? When did he take over my self? I asked and looked at the ceiling of our room. I looked around and found pictures of myself...  from my true personality... to someone unrecognizable...