The Final War

♖ The Final War ♞

We’re two different races. Too different. We both occupy one planet, but we both know that there’s only enough space for one. The first race: The Matokians from the land of Mato. They specialize in weapons and other machinery. Technology and science has always been on their side. The second race: The Exodians from the land of EXO. They always thought they were superior to the Matokians because they were born with elemental powers. They didn’t need to spend time and energy to develop a new weapon. We live different lives, one of hardships and one of luxuries. Our way of government is different too. The Matokians all live under a military leader. They live united. Whatever the leader commands, they must do it. A monarch, on the other hand, rules the Exodians. A king that commands nobles to watch over the people of his vast kingdom. This was can all be understood by what I call the “older sibling, younger sibling” concept. When two different people are forced to share an area, a quarrel is bound to start. In our case, it’s not a simple quarrel that ends in a few minutes…

It’s a full-blown war.

Our war all started because of our founding fathers. Two men...two friends. They decided to live and cooperate on one planet. Everything went smoothly at first. Both men declared each other as equals and everyone lived in peace in their own domain. However, it only took one feast and a casual joke gone wrong to cause the bloodshed of both nations. The king and founder of EXO asked his friend, “If we were to have a friendly combat, who would win?” The leader and founder of Mato took great pride and answered, “Of course I would win. We have the best weapons on this entire planet!”

“Ah, yes, your creations are definitely worthy, but I believe I would win because of my dominance over the elements.” The king replied.

Soon, a debate sparked between the two. At first, they wanted it to be a reasonable discussion and nothing more, but alas…

They are men, and sometimes a simple talk just can’t settle it.

A full-blown battle happened on the planet that one, fateful night. A flurry of powers and bullets flew throughout the night sky. Teasing soon became insulting. They knew it was too late to turn back. Their relationship has been broken beyond repair. Their battle almost tore the entire planet in half. Fortunately, their advisors managed to stop them in time. However, after that night, the founders had decided to declare each other as enemies. Repeated battles tore each nation apart. The rivers and streams ran with the blood of fallen soldiers. A short, period of calmness came when there was a transition from the first generation to the next. The two men’s sons had come into rule. That didn’t mean the rivalry between the founders had ended though. The same hatred ran through the veins of the new king and leader. During this time, the war officially began. Repeatedly, there were times of peacefulness, but everyone knew that it would always lead to another war. Both nations’ peoples are in constant danger. We knew that we didn’t have time to stand around and be weak. We have to fight. The only way to end this war…is the complete elimination of a nation.

Fast forward to the present-day generation. The current military leader of Mato is my father, Hwang Kwangsun. His advisor, and his wife, is my mother, Hwang Aesook. Surprisingly, they both worked hard to prevent a war from happening. On the other side, the current king of EXO is Kim Sangmin. His wife, and the queen, is Kim Hyesu. They have one son, who’s also the heir to the Exodian throne. His name is Kim Jongin, better known to the majority as Kai.

Who am I?

My name is Hwang Yeonhee. The only daughter of Kwangsun and Aesook…

And the future military leader of Mato.

I may be female, but that doesn’t make me any more special than any of the past leaders. There were, albeit a few, female leaders in the past generations. I sometimes heard that they were often the ones who started the fiercest, bloodiest battles. I was born during a period of peace in the arms of two, loving Matokian parents. Ever since childhood, I had been interested in weapons and war strategies. My parents weren’t sure how to react to my passion. They were happy that I had such a large interest in the very things that Mato represented, but they were worried too. My parents were from a strange generation, to say the least. They were working so hard to try to bring peace back to our planet. Sometimes, as a child, I would tell them how their efforts would eventually be futile. I didn’t have any hope for peace on our planet. However, as I grew older, I began to make plans in my head. I already had a general idea of how I would govern Mato. I decided that I was going to try and end this war…

But with my own methods.

I wasn’t going to follow my parents’ paths. I wasn’t going to cower and avoid situations in order to bring “peace”. Instead, I planned on facing it head on. I wanted to show those foolish Exodians who’s dominant. I knew what I was going to do.

I will wipe them off the face of our planet.

I had already begun my plan. It wasn’t much, but several years back, I requested my parents to help me find the six, strongest and skilled citizens in Mato. They questioned my intentions, but I stubbornly refused to tell them. They decided to give up and just did as I requested. After a few weeks, I was presented with six, young boys. They went through a series of tests crafted by me and they all passed. I placed them together in a group that I called “Warriors”. They would spend their whole lives training and living with me. The Warriors consisted of Bang Yongguk, Kim Himchan, Jung Daehyun, Yoo Youngjae, Moon Jongup, and Choi Junhong (who prefers to be called Zelo). My plan was running smoothly, and by the time I come into rule, I’ll be able to get rid of the Exodians for good. Unfortunately, my parents are still in rule, so until then, I have no choice but to obey their orders. To make matters worse, my parents had somehow convinced the king and queen of EXO to collaborate on an arranged marriage! In several months, I’ll be forced to marry the prince of EXO, Kai. This may sound slightly cliché, but my heart already belongs to somebody else. No way in hell would I marry this arrogant fiend of an enemy. However, almost no one knows about my secret affair. Why? One, it’ll upset my parents greatly and two, I’m in love with one of the members of the Warriors. I don’t seem like the type to even care about love, but hey…I’m a girl too.

…♜…

Jung Daehyun is his name. To most people, he comes off as aloof, cold, and mysterious. However, when he’s with me, he’s caring, respectful, and not to mention…super sweet. His weapon of choice is a sniper. Daehyun is very skilled with guns, but can also put up a pretty good fistfight. He also has another talent. Daehyun loves to sing. His voice was absolutely beautiful and it’s perfect to fall asleep to every night. To keep up his “cool” image, though, he decided to keep it as a secret between him and me. Enough about romance, though. The main focus of my life, as for now, is the war. I could feel that my time to rule is coming near, and I’m completely ready for it.

…♜…

I lay in bed, constantly tossing and turning. I had just received the dreaded news about the arranged marriage. How could any girl sleep after finding out that she’s being forced to marry the offspring of her nation’s enemy?! I immediately froze when I heard my room door open with a creak. I silently prayed, hoping it wasn’t my parents coming in to check on me.

“Yeonhee?” The person called out.

I would recognize that voice from anywhere.

“Daehyun.” I whispered.

He made his way towards my bed, carefully navigating through my room. He was cautious enough to not bump into any tables or chairs. The last thing we wanted was to be caught. Daehyun knelt beside me. I could see the outline of his face’s features. 

“Why are you still awake at this time?” He asked.

“It’s obvious, isn’t it?” I frowned at his question.

“Right. Well, I’m guessing you can’t sleep?” Daehyun reached up to smooth my hair.

“I’m wide awake.” I replied flatly.

“Do you want me to sing for you?”

“That would be lovely.”

Daehyun cleared his throat and sang my favorite song as quietly as possible. In a matter of minutes, I began to feel my eyelids grow heavy. Daehyun got up, kissed my forehead, and muttered,

“Goodnight, Yeonhee.”

“Good…night…”

I fell into a deep, comfortable sleep.

…♜…

The next morning, I was rudely awakened by the voice of my personal messenger and spy. I sat up from my bed. Rubbing my eyes, I groggily asked,

“What? What do you want?”

“My apologies for waking you up so early, but one of my sources had given me an important message to relay to you.” She answered with a slight bow.

“Tell me.” I said.

“I was told that Kai, your future…” She began.

I tossed a poisonous glare at her. She wouldn’t dare to call him my future husband. I would have her dead in a second! She let out a sigh before continuing,

“I was told that Kai, the prince had formed his own group.”

“Tell me more.” I got up and began to get dressed. I decided to wear a navy blue military-styled jacket, a pair of tight, black pants, and thick, black army boots. I tied a belt around my waist that held my double handguns in place. I listened intently to what my messenger had to say,

“These are a group of nobles that claim to have the most dominance over a certain element. Their names are Kim Joonmyun, Byun Baekhyun, Park Chanyeol, Do Kyungsoo, and Oh Sehun.”

“How perfect. That stupid prince got his own pack of wild dogs…” I retorted with a cold laugh.

“I also heard that the prince is rather good looking…”

I was in the middle of combing my hair…when snap! I broke the comb in half with my bare hands. I slammed the broken plastic onto my desk and spun around to face the messenger, who was now shaking in fear.

“Are you implying that I should marry him?!” I growled.

“N-no…of course not. I’m only repeating--“

“No. You know what? Get out. I’m done listening.” I waved my hand and watched as the messenger scurried out. I opened a drawer and pulled out a new comb and a hair tie. I pulled all of my long, black hair into a tight ponytail. Just then, there was a knock on the door.

“May I come in?” A timid voice asked.

“Go ahead.” I replied.

A servant entered my room and bowed his head low. I turned to him, crossed my arms, and said,

“What do you want?”

“Your parents want to see you in the meeting room right now.” He announced, his gaze casted down on the floor.

“You’re dismissed.” I ordered before walking past him.

He merely bowed and left without another word. I made my way through the vast, stretching hallway. I arrived at the tall, metal double doors of the meeting room. I placed my palms on each door and pushed it open. I saw my mother and father sitting inside, quietly conversing with each other. When they noticed me, all talking ceased.

“Good morning, Yeonhee. Please take a seat.” My mother said, an unusually sweet smile plastered on her face.

“Look. I don’t have time to sit down and chit chat, so please make this quick.” I frowned while crossing my arms.

“Yeonhee…we have an announcement to make.” My father began.

“Your fiancé…will be visiting our nation to meet you.” My mother said.

My eyes widened. I can’t believe my parents would be so stupid! I slammed my hand onto the long, table, almost making the entire room shake. My parents were startled by my action.

“Are you out of your minds?! You’re inviting an enemy into our territory! Even worse, he’ll be in our fort! He could easily find and use all of our information against us!” I yelled.

“I know, but…” My mother began.

“What? What bull do you have to say now?”

My father stood up and gave me a stern look.

“Don’t speak to us in such a way! We are only doing this for the sake of Mato.”

“No, dad! You’re putting us in great harm!” I exclaimed.

My mother looked at me with sad eyes, the smile completely gone from her face.

“Your fiancé said that he was excited to meet you…”

Without another word, I dragged my nails across the wooden table, creating a foul screeching sound. I turned around and stormed out of the room. The last thing I heard was,

“She’ll understand our intentions someday.”

…♜…

I made my way over to Unit B1A2P, the room where the Warriors trained and improved their weapons. The metal door slid open and the six boys greeted me,

“Good morning, ma’am!”

“Boys. Keep your guards up.” I stated.

“Why?” Zelo asked, curious about my statement.

“An enemy is about to enter our territory.”

I didn’t need to repeat myself a second time. The boys already understood what I meant perfectly. I took out my guns and aimed at two targets. Whoosh! Two bullets whizzed out and hit the circle right in the middle of the target. Bull’s eye. I lifted one of the guns to my lips before blowing the gray smoke away.

“Let’s train.” I smirked.

…♜…

Today was the day that Kai arrived at our fort. To my dismay, my parents didn’t allow me to wear my usual attire to meet my “fiancé”. I settled with a sleeveless, gray mini dress that had two rows of fake buttons on the front and a pair of black heels. Despite it being a dress, it still had a military feel. I made sure that the dress was long enough to hide the dagger that was strapped to one of my thighs. I was peeking from the slight crack in between the double doors. I could see the prince talking with my parents. If one didn’t know about our nation’s fierce rivalry, it would look like Kai was actually getting along with them. I inhaled deeply, swallowing all of my pride. If I needed to put on an act, then I will. I pushed the door open and walked inside. All conversations stopped as they stared at me. I took a seat in the chair farthest from my parents and Kai. I crossed my legs before staring back at them intently.

“Ah, yes! Jongin, this is your future wife, Yeonhee.” My father said.

“It’s nice to meet you, Yeonhee.” The boy greeted me, giving me a small smile.

I had to fight the temptation of rolling my eyes at his little “innocent prince” act. I gave him a blank look as I lifted two fingers up and gave him a small, informal salute. That messenger was right. Kai was handsome. However, looks mean almost nothing to me, so marrying him was still the last thing on my long to-do list. I examined his face carefully. He had perfectly coiffed, dark brown hair and plump lips. He was, surprisingly, slightly tanner than most Exodians, but that made him give off an exotic feel.

“Yeonhee, sweetheart, why don’t you give your fiancé a tour of our nation?” My mother suggested.

“Sorry, but I have important business to attend to. I don’t have time for petty things like that. Good day to you all.” I abruptly stood up and left without a goodbye.

Call me rude, but that meeting was getting extremely boring.

…♜…

That night, I was walking back to my bedroom when I bumped into someone. I looked up, trying to make out who the person was. My eyes immediately narrowed as his name came out of my mouth in a hiss,

"Kai." 

"Yeonhee." He greeted, a smirk appearing on his lips.

"Nice act today. My parents totally fell for it." I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"Ah, but it seems like you didn't. Kai stated. 

"Why should I fall for it?" I retorted. 

"Hmm...I guess you're much different than what I thought. I think you'd make a perfect wife for me." Kai's smirk grew larger. 

I grabbed his collar and slammed him against the wall. I leaned in close, our noses almost touching. I tightened the grip on his shirt and growled,

"Even if I die, I'll never marry you." 

Kai shrugged, "Suit yourself."

He suddenly disappeared into a burst of black smoke. I looked around, wondering where the hell he could've went. That bastard has the power of teleportation. I swore, if I found him wandering down my halls one more time, I'll be sure to send his corpse as a gift back to EXO. I shook my head and sighed before entering my bedroom. Today had been a long day. I need to sleep. 

…♜…

"Yeonhee?" A voice called. 

I sat up from my bed immediately. It is currently twelve o'clock AM. From what I heard, that voice didn't sound like Daehyun or Kai’s voice. The person got closer to my bed. I could finally recognize him.

"Youngjae. Why are you in my room at this ungodly time?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. 

"My scientists have finally created a pill that could temporarily stop the powers of any Exodian." Youngjae announced, a proud smile on his face.

"Ah, I see. How long will the pill last until it wears off?" 

"We aren't completely sure, but the estimation is six months." 

"Good. I know the perfect Exodian to test it on." I replied, an evil smile appearing on my face.

…♜…

"The pill can be put into a liquid of some sort. It will break down in a matter of seconds and leave behind the powder that can stop the powers from flowing. No one will notice it though. It doesn't have a taste or scent of any sort." Youngjae instructed as he handed me the pill. 

I kept his words in my brain as I wandered throughout the kitchen. The chefs were scurrying around, preparing food for the banquet. My parents decided to have one for Kai, who was (thankfully) leaving today. All I had to do was slip it into Kai's drink and part of my job will be done. As I was walking around, I accidentally bumped into the head cook.

"Oh! Yeonhee! What brings you down here?"

"I was told to supervise." I lied.

The head cook nodded. Before he could walk away, I grabbed his sleeve. He spun around and gave me a confused look,

"Yes?"

"Do you know where...uh...Kai's drink is?" I asked rashly. 

"Yes...? Why do you want to know?" He raised an eyebrow at my random question. 

"I wanted to make sure that our guest of honor has the best wine in his cup." I straightened myself up. I was the authority here. If I wanted to see something, then I should have the right to see it. I won't let some cook get in my way. 

"It's right over there." He pointed to a golden-colored cup resting on a silver platter.

"Alright. Thanks."

I made my way over to the cup. From my peripheral vision, I could see the head cook walk off. I looked around, making sure that no one was around, before dropping the pill into the cup. There was a quiet fizzling sound, then it completely disappeared into the dark liquid. A smirk appeared on my face as I walked out of the kitchen through the back door. My plan was a success. Let's see how Kai would survive without his powers now. 

…♜…

Luckily for me, my parents didn't force me to attend the banquet. The last thing I wanted was to force myself into a dress and go see that bastard one more time. I was sitting on my bed, polishing my guns, when a deep voice snapped my out of my daydream. Out of reflex, I pointed a gun at the source of the voice. 

"Whoa, calm down, Yeonhee. It's just me." Yongguk said with both of his hands held up. 

"Sorry." I replied sheepishly as I went back to polishing.

"So, I heard from Youngjae that you're going to test the pill on our royal lab rat." He said, a smile lighting up his face. 

"Yup." I couldn't help but smile a little too. I loved the nickname he gave to Kai. I thought it fit him perfectly. Suddenly, another deep voiced person joined our conversation. His, however, wasn't as deep as Yongguk's. 

"Royal lab rat? Nice nickname, bro!" Himchan exclaimed as he high-fived Yongguk. 

I placed my guns aside and stood up, walking over to where Yongguk and Himchan were standing. I leaned against the doorframe and smirked,

"Wouldn't it be absolutely fun to see the lab rat try to use his powers, but fail? I would take that as a chance to beat the living out of him." 

"That sounds like an epic idea. I would totally do it if I had the chance." Yongguk said, pounding his right fist into his left palm. 

"Hey. Maybe we'll get to do it in the future. You'll never know." Himchan shrugged, a smile appearing on his face. 

…♜…

"What?!" I shouted, slamming my hand onto the table once more.

Same meeting room, same time. My parents had just told me the most ridiculous news on the face of the planet. Perhaps even more ridiculous than the time they told me that I had to marry Kai. I shook my head furiously, refusing to accept their news.

"No...you can't go over there! You can't!" I shouted. 

"But Kai's parents invited us..." My mother began.

"You guys are really out of your mind. They could easily kill you! Have you considered the consequences? Have you considered the idea of how unsafe this is?!" 

"Our nation's safety will always come before ours, Yeonhee." My father stated simply.

"Yes, but without you, our nation would not be safe!" I countered. 

My mother stood up and walked over to me. She had always been a calm, graceful woman, unlike me. It feels like I got zero traits from her. I only have the characteristics of my war-like ancestors. My mother took my hand into hers and looked me in the eyes. 

"Look. If anything bad ever happens to us, the nation will be automatically handed to you. I trust you, Yeonhee. I trust that you'll be able to rule Mato at this age. Your maturity shows it." Her brows furrowed. I could see her brown eyes glistening with tears.

"Don't say that, mom. You and I both know that nothing will happen to you if you don't go." I said, frowning slightly. 

"But, my child, we have to. The idea of peace is at our fingertips." She clutched my hand tighter.

I didn't know what else to say. I only knew that no matter how many times I try to convince them, they wouldn’t listen to me. At this point, I had completely given up. I'm tired...I just don't know what to do anymore. I pulled away from my mom's grasp and sighed.

"Do whatever you want, okay? Just...have a safe trip..." I whispered, refusing to look into her eyes.

I turned away and stormed out of the meeting room. I was surprised to find Daehyun waiting outside for me. In a matter of seconds, he could detect the sadness in my eyes. He reached out and all I could do was collapse in his arms. I didn't care if people would see us. All I need right now is comfort. Daehyun hugged me tightly, whispering,

"What's wrong?"

"Everything, Daehyun. Just...everything." 

No tears came out, but I had the worse feeling at the pit of my stomach. 

…♜…

It came all too suddenly. I didn't have time to prepare. The usually, over-confident me had suddenly broken down. My parents had decided to leave early in the morning, before I woke up. They knew I would be too upset to say goodbye to them. I guess I would've been fine with that, if I didn't get the news from my messenger. 

"Yeonhee. I have some news for you. Please prepare yourself." She stated, her gaze on the ground.

"What is it...?" I asked hesitantly. 

"Your parents..." She began.

"Yes?" 

"They were killed at the palace of EXO." 

"By...?" I was shaking now. 

"Kai." She replied simply before looking up. I could see the apologetic look on her face. I was completely shocked. Why would he kill them...and not his parents? I was shaking violently, and I felt tears threaten to pour out of my eyes.

"Apparently, Kai had killed his parents for an unknown reason. He forged the letter that your parents received from his “parents”. He wanted to lure them to the palace so..." The messenger said.

"Stop. I've heard enough." I cut her off. 

"Their dead bodies are currently at Unit D4." She added quickly before silencing herself. 

"How...did they get back home so fast?" I asked, my voice quivering.

"I had some helpers immediately remove and transport the bodies back here. I thought you would like to see them once last time before they were buried." She explained.

Without dismissing her, I stiffly made my way over to Unit D4. 

…♜…

I entered the room and I could see two bodies covered with a large, white sheet. I slowly made my way over to them. I removed the sheet and I could see the cold, pale faces of my parents. It was done. I had been completely destroyed. Tears poured out of my eyes like an endless waterfall. I hugged my mother's corpse tightly, letting my tears soak her dress. I sat up, wiping the tears from my eyes. No. I raised myself to be a strong person, not a sobbing, weak mess...

But I couldn't help it. I reminded myself that I'm human too...and as a human, I needed to cry.

However, after I'm done. I knew exactly what I had to do. It's time for the citizens of Mato to fight. It's time for them to avenge the deaths of their former leaders...

and I will be in charge. 

…♜…

"Greetings!" I shouted as I stepped onto the platform.

Thousands and thousands of citizens were staring at me. Surprised by the appearance of a young girl and not her parents. I inhaled deeply before continuing,

"Your beloved leader and advisor, my parents, have died." 

An uproar came from the crowd. Constant shouts of "why?" and "how?" erupted in my ears. I held my hand up, commanding the people to silence. They immediately calmed down and listened to my explanation,

"They were killed by the young prince, now the new king, of EXO." 

The citizens continued being silent, perhaps shocked by the announcement. 

"We must take revenge for my parents. It is time for us to fight against the Exodians and eliminate them...once and for all." 

The people started cheering. They pulled out their weapons and jumped up and down. Perfect. My plan was falling into place beautifully. Now that they're riled up, they should be able to destroy the Exodian army with ease.

"I, Hwang Yeonhee, am your new military leader. I now declare war against EXO!" I shouted.

The cheering grew even louder. From my view, I could see a few "citizens" frown and exit the crowd silently. Even a five-year-old Matokian child can tell that those were spies. A smirk appeared on my face.

'Go ahead. Go tell your king. We're ready to attack any time.'

…♜…

"We meet again." Kai smirked. 

We were both at the battlefield, which was located right in between Mato and EXO. I was leading my army of soldiers, with the Warriors right behind me. Kai had his nobles lead his army while he stood on top of a large, black box. I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"I see you brought your army of es. How cute. They're all fighting for you." He said.

"They're not fighting for me. They're fighting for my parents...who you brutally murdered." I hissed. 

"It's for a reason. I thought you'd be a weak, little girl who wouldn't be able to do anything without her mommy and daddy. I guess I was wrong, eh?." Kai retorted, chuckling slightly. 

"You're a cold-blooded murderer, you know? You even killed your own parents! I'm guessing there's a reason for that too?" I replied. 

"They're in the way of my throne. I'm tired of waiting. I wanted that throne and I wanted to start a war with your nation. Today, my dream finally came true. I also get a free pass because of that little prank you pulled. Without my powers, I get to sit back and enjoy the show." He smirked. 

"Enough chit chat. Let the final war begin!" I raised my gun and shot a bullet in the air. 

Kai gave me a small wave before descending into the box. I'm guessing that's where he'll be staying while the war goes on. Youngjae quickly whispered to me,

"That box is made out of a bullet and fire proof material. From what I could see, its weak spot is the door. I'm assuming that Kai thought you wouldn't even make it to him, so he decided to minimize the protection on the door." 

I nodded in understanding. Before I knew it, both armies were charging towards each other. I speeded by, swiftly shooting down any Exodian soldier that came near me. Kai's nobles were too busy fighting my Warriors to pay attention to me. This war was happening much more quickly than I thought. I could see Matokians easily shooting down Exodians. It feels like we might actually have the chance to win. However, in order to secure that chance, I would have to break into the box and kill Kai. 

"Watch out!" A voice shouted.

I turned around and I saw a female that was ready to burn me with her fire. Click! Boom! I quickly shot her down. I ran and ran, not caring that there was blood splattered all over my face and clothes. I finally reached the front door of the box. This war was almost too easy. I wasn't even scared of the two, burly men that were standing guard at the front. I could take them down easily. The men came charging towards me. Before they could even summon their powers, they were already two, bloody messes on the ground. I went up the door of the box. I took this minimal time of peace to reload my guns. I used the first bullet to break the lock on the door. The metal door slid open with ease and I stepped in. Slam! The door was shut. I was stuck in a room with my enemy...

"So you actually made it over here. I'm surprised." 

"You underestimate me too much, Kai." I smirked. 

He came at me, throwing punches and kicks. I dodged them expertly and I managed to knock him down with my gun. I didn't shoot him though. This was all too easy for me. I wanted to take the time to torture him...to kill him slowly. I went over to Kai, who was writhing on the ground, holding onto his bruised forehead. I stomped on his stomach, a loud "oof" slipped out of his lips. I aimed one of my guns at him. I was about to shoot when suddenly, he grabbed my wrist and flipped me over. I landed with a heavy thud. He immediately got up and pinned me there before I could get away. Kai smiled evilly at me, tugging one gun out of my hands. 

"I'm not stupid, Yeonhee. I know how to work a gun too." He said as he placed it to my head. 

. Was this really the end? I couldn't die now. I can't let my people be conquered by a fiend like him. I squirmed around under his grip, trying to kick him off. My efforts were futile. I really was done...

However, all of a sudden, Kai was tackled off of me. I watched as the gun in his hand went flying. I was surprised to see who my savior was.

"Daehyun!" I shouted, getting up from the floor. 

It was now Kai's turn to be pinned to the ground. I quickly made my way over to where Daehyun was. Kai was attempting to escape, but I knew Daehyun had a tight grip on him.

"Quick! The Matokians had already defeated all of the Exodian soldiers. It's up to you to finish it off!" He shouted. 

I hovered over Kai, my gun held tightly in my hands. Click! I prepared the bullet that would finally end the war between my nation and theirs. The bullet that would bring peace to Mato. I pointed the gun to him and sneered,

"Here, Kai. Have a free pass to hell." 

Boom!

Author's Note:

Note to self, never write war oneshots again. OTL I'm sorry. This was kind of bad and it didn't really turn out the way I wanted it to. :/ Also, I am in no way implying that B.A.P is better than EXO. This is only a fictional story, after all. I'm sorry if it disappointed anyone and I hope you enjoyed reading it. ^^ Feedback is appreciated.