#1 - The Panda and the Dragon

Exotic Expressions

It was a beautiful summer day, the birds chirping and the wind whistling. Somewhere in China, a young panda was ambling about in a bamboo forest. It – oh, beg pardon – he was enjoying the weather, perfectly content to do nothing.

Just then, something interrupted – more likely, destroyed this peaceful scene. Out of nowhere, flames of fire had descended upon the bamboos and soon, the canes were crackling merrily.

The aforementioned panda had been dozing quietly, taking his afternoon siesta. It took a shot of fire on his poor, unsuspecting stomach to jolt him awake. He blinked for a second, then yelped and ran to the nearest water source – the river.

“Uggh, someone just had to ruin my day!” He muttered, as he bathed his wounds.

“I’m sorry; I was a tad out of control”

“Huh?! Who’s that?” shrieked the panda, rotating 360 degrees and falling on his behind, only to look up at a snickering dragon.

“And here I thought pandas were graceful creatures” grinned the dragon.

“We are. Just not me – I just insulted myself, didn’t I?” groaned the panda, struggling to raise himself.

“Why yes, yes you did” drawled the dragon.

Then pitying the panda, he reached out a claw to help him. With a massive tug, the panda pulled the dragon down into the water and submerged him. Then, he coolly stepped out of the water and watched the dragon splutter.

“You idiot! My flames could’ve been doused out!” yelled the dragon, steam rushing out of his scales.

“I’m afraid I didn’t inherit the panda geniality either” shrugged the panda, drying his fur.

“Well then, I’m pleased to make your acquaintance” smiled the dragon as he floated up, “My name is Kris”

“The name’s Tao and keep your fiery breath away from my forest next time!” glared the panda.

“Ah well, you see it was all because of Chanyeol. Really” insisted Kris, earnestly.

“This Chanyeol made you so angry you burned trees?”  asked Tao, skeptically.

“Blazes, no! That adorkable fellow is incapable of making anyone angry” chuckled Kris.

“Then what in the name of all things bamboo, did he do?” muttered Tao, impatiently.

“He said that ninjas are cooler than dragons, which made me laugh and my flames unintentionally emerged and landed on your forest” said Kris, not even remotely abashed.

“Are you telling me that you wrecked my home because of that?!” screamed Tao, advancing furiously towards the dragon.

“Well, that and he said that pandas are cute”

“You’re dead meat when I catch you, Kris!”

“I’d like to see you try, Tao~”

In related news, we hear that an irate panda was seen trampling a dragon.

This is how I pictured Tao and Kris~

Did you guys like? Love?

Please do share your thoughts ^^

Rina <3