Revelation

Assumptions

 

Changmin, lead by Jaejoong, ambled into the kitchen, his eyes glued to the floor. He looked up just in time to see Yoochun and Junsu with their heads together, giggling at some private joke. Changmin quickly adverted his eyes, opting to look at Yunho instead.

Yunho gasped. "Changmin, what's wr-?" His words were cut short by the look Jaejoong gave him.

Yoochun and Junsu had obviously noticed Changmin's condition as well, because the rest of their meal was eating in awkward silence.

After dinner was finished, Changmin offered to clean up. Jaejoong objected, but Changmin insisted that he do it.

Changmin began to fill up the sink with warm water. he added dish soap, which bubbled up under the pressure of the running water. He ignored the dishwasher completely.

Changmin loved washing dishes. It took his mind off things he didn't want to think about. All he had to do was dunk, wash, rinse, and dry. The repetition was somehow soothing to him.

One by one, the dishes entered the sink dirty and came out gleaming. Changmin finished washing too quickly for his liking.

He made his way to the bathroom, where he filled the sink with cold water and began to splash his face.

"Get a grip, Changmin," he told himself. "It's not like you would have the guts to tell him how you feel anyway." He stared himself down in the mirror. "Idiot."

Changmin then decided that the best thing to do at the moment would be to take a shower and go to bed.

He the shower and while it heated up, he stripped off his clothes. He stepped into the shower and closed the curtain behind him.

As Changmin reached for his shampoo, images of Yoochun and Junsu suddenly came racing back into his mind. A few salty tears mixed in with the water that was beginning to pool near the drain.

Changmin took a long, luxurious shower before heading back to his bedroom, changing into his pajamas, and huddling under his blanket.

Just as he was drifting off to sleep, someone knocked at his door again. Thinking it was Jaejoong, he bid the person entrance. When he saw Junsu walking through the doorway, he turned over so he was facing the wall.

"Changmin, what's wrong?"

No answer.

"Are you mad at me?"

No answer.

"What did I do to make you so upset?"

"As if you don't know," Changmin finally replied.

"I really don't."

Changmin sighed. "Fine. I saw you and Yoochun together, cuddled up on his bed this afternoon."

"Changmin, do you... love Yoochun?" Junsu gasped.

Changmin sat up and groaned in frustration. "No, you idiot, I love you!"

Suddenly, Changmin felt another pair of lips against his own. Junsu's. their lips moved together in perfect rhythm, the moment was pure bliss.

It was Junsu who broke the kiss.

"I've wanted to do that since the moment I saw you," he said, smiling. "I am not, never have been, and never will be in love with Yoochun."

Changmin leaned in for another kiss.