♚ Enchanted ♕

Enchanted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXNuna1OdrM

Taylor Swift - Enchanted 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Soo SongMin." My older sister, Soo HaNeul, called.
"Yes?" I replied, not looking up from my book.
"It's about time you get a boyfriend." She placed her hands on her hips and gave me a stern look. I, in return, glared at her. HaNeul has been pressuring me about that for a few days already. It's getting rather annoying. 
"God! You're 19 already, yet you're still single! How is that even possible?!" She tossed her hands up in frustration. 
"Fine. Go find a suitable boy for me then." I snapped. 
"No! You have to find him yourself...and I have a perfect plan!" She announced excitedly. 
"What?" I raised an eyebrow. Her plans almost never work. 
"A well-known, annual party is coming up soon. It's called the "Red Thread" party. Some rumors claim that you'll find your other half at that event." HaNeul said, her eyes glimmering. 
"I'm not going." I stated flatly. 
And that was final
...
Or so I thought. How did this happen? I'm stuck going to that Red Thread party. It's as if fate wanted me to go there. It's kind of crazy, actually. So here I am, being crammed into a flowing, light purple dress that was heart shaped on the chest area. HaNeul curled my long, black hair and placed a tiara-like pin into it. I had to admit, I did look rather stunning, in comparison to my casual look. I refused to believe the idea of finding my perfect lover tonight though. Happily ever afters are only for fairy tales, after all. When HaNeul was done, she stood back and admired her work. 
"You look just like a princess, SongMin!" 
Hah. How ironic. I guess I'll be the princess who doesn't get the fairy tale of her dreams. I gave her a weak, but slightly grateful smile before slipping on my open-toe, dark purple heels. Although I felt and looked beautiful, I thought my sister went a little overboard on the purple. 
"Come on! Let's get to the car! I don't want to be late." HaNeul said while tugging at my satin gloved hand. I honestly wanted to be late though. Anything to stall going to that stupid party. 
...
The mansion where the party took place was certainly something. A large, white, marble building surrounded by dozens and dozens of Cupid statues. The bushes were cut to be shaped like hearts and a beautiful fountain stood at the center of the courtyard. The fountain had a large sculpture of Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love. This place was definitely stunning, but the constant symbols of love made me puke a little. 
"Wipe that frown away, SongMin! We'll have a lot of fun tonight!" HaNeul said gleefully. 
I put on a small, but completely meaningless smile, hoping that would satisfy her. 
"That's the spirit!" 
She dragged me into the mansion, and everything else...was history. 
...
I was not a social butterfly, unlike HaNeul, who was fluttering around, flirting with boys. I was firmly planted in the over-stuffed, velvet chair. It was comfortable and I was not planning to leave it. Many boys approached me, but ended up leaving because of how uninteresting I was. I'm really not a boring person...it's just that I protect that side of me with a stone wall. It was especially strong tonight. I took a tiny sip of the cup of punch that I had poured for myself. This night is just long and it feels like it'll never end. Another boy approached me. He had a handsome face and plump lips. 
"Hi." He smiled at me.
"Hi." I replied back, giving him another generic, fake smile. 
"My name's Kim Jongin." He introduced himself. 
"Soo SongMin." I said simply. 
"You look amazing tonight." Jongin stated, gesturing at my dress.
"Thanks." I forced a light laugh out of myself. God...this takes a lot more energy than I thought. After a while, our conversation grew awkward and Jongin decided to go talk to some other pretty girl. 
It's okay. I'm used to it. 
I let out a yawn. I was about to fall asleep in my chair any second....
Suddenly...time seemed to stop. 
My brown eyes that were scanning the room for my sister landed on something else.
Someone else.
A dark brown haired boy with lighter brown streaks in his hair. He had a handsome face and the cutest smile. Wait. Why am I thinking this way? The boy caught me staring, and now he was making his way towards me. He was in front of me now. He started talking to me, 
"Hi. My name's Byun Baekhyun." 
"My name's S-Soo SongMin." I replied. 
Baekhyun chuckled slightly at my stutter. I frowned at him and snapped,
"Don't act like you've never been nervous!" 
"Ooo. Feisty. I like it." Baekhyun joked, his laugh like melodic bells to my ears. 
I couldn't help but laugh along with him. A warm feeling took over my usually cold heart. For some reason, I was ready to embrace this new, foreign emotion. 
What was it called? 
Love. 
"So, what brings you to a party like this?" Baekhyun asked. 
"I'm here to drink all of the punch and eat the food, obviously." I retorted sarcastically, but with a small smile playing on my lips.
"Thought so. Single and looking, eh? You don't seem like the type to attend these kind of events." Baekhyun commented. 
"I'm not, actually. I was dragged here by my older sister." I answered. 
"Ah, I see. It's okay. I didn't really want to come here either." He replied. Before I could ask him the reason why he was here in the first place, Baekhyun interrupted with a surprising question. 
"Do you want to dance with me?" 
I was so busy talking to him that I didn't notice a slow, romantic song was echoing throughout the ballroom. I nodded shyly. Baekhyun took my hand and led me to the dance floor. I placed my arms around his neck while he wrapped his around my waist. We swayed back and forth, almost in a dream-like state. At some point, I could only see Baekhyun and no one else...
"SongMin-ah! SongMin!" I was rudely pulled out of my trance by the sound of HaNeul's voice. 
"What?" I asked, pulling away from Baekhyun's embrace. 
"We gotta get home! Mom's going to drop by and if she sees that we're gone, we'd both be screwed!" She exclaimed. 
"Ugh...okay." I muttered.
I hugged Baekhyun for what I thought was the last time. I whispered in his ear, 
"Bye Baekhyun. It was enchanting to meet you..." 
...
In the car, all I could think of was him. His face, his smile, his voice...his everything. I could feel my cheeks grow warm. I knew I was in love. Either this was a coincidence, or the rumors about the party were true. It didn't matter though...I think I finally found the love of my life.
When we reached home, I immediately locked myself in my room and twirled around, laughing joyfully. I was doing my own happy dance. My heart was beating with energizing adrenaline. I fell onto my bed and tried to sleep, but I couldn't stop thinking about Baekhyun...
In the darkness of the night, however, a thought loomed over my head: What was his real reason for going to the party? 
...
"Baekhyun?" I asked, my eyes widening at the sight of him. 
"SongMin? Wow! It's nice seeing you again!" He made his way towards me, a large, fluffy white dog trotting in front of him. 
I had decided to take a walk in the local park and get some fresh air. I was surprised that I met him again. I bent down to ruffle the dog's fur. 
"So cute! What's its name?" I asked, looking up at Baekhyun. 
"His name's King." He replied. 
"Ah I see. Hi King!" I cooed while petting the dog. 
"Where do you live, SongMin? I'm surprised to see you at the local park." Baekhyun said. 
"Oh. Over there!" I answered, standing up and pointing at the lone, white house located on top of a grassy, green hill. 
"That's awesome! I live in an apartment a few blocks from here." He shot another beautiful smile at me. Before I could comment, a girl came running over to us. She had long, brown hair and a cute face. She looked around my age.
My heart wasn't ready to witness the next scene.
The girl linked arms with Baekhyun and pressed a kiss against his cheek. 
"This is my girlfriend, Park JaeHwa." Baekhyun said.
The girl bowed and gave me a polite smile,
"You must be the SongMin that Baekhyun was talking about last night." 
I nodded at her acknowledgment. However, I could feel my heart slowly breaking. The pain was unbearable. 
"I was at the party last night because my uncle organized it. He wanted me to supervise the event." Baekhyun explained to me. 
"O-oh. I see." I looked down and I felt my vision go blurry. I blinked back the tears. 
"Sorry, SongMin-ah. I'm not single and looking." Baekhyun teased.
Crack! That was it. I swore I could hear my heart snap in half. I let out a weak, shaky laugh. 
"Bad joke, wasn't it? Sorry, SongMin. Oh well. We can always meet up some other time, right? I have a date with JaeHwa right now." He said. 
All I did was nod. I didn't want him to hear my voice break down. Gulping, I took a glance at my watch and stated, 
"O-oh. Look at the time. I gotta go now, B-baekhyun. Bye." 
I turned around to leave. 
"Okay! See you later!" He shouted cheerfully. 
One tear had escaped my eyes. It was too late now. A thousand more came flowing out and I dashed back home. Love of my life or not...
I never wanted to see him again. 
...
Time will heal, they say, and it's pretty true. In a span of two years, I had avoided Baekhyun. At this point, I had forgiven him. He hurt me, but part of me can't bring myself to hate him because he didn't do it intentionally. 
Soo SongMin. 21 years old. Still single. Today, I decided to take a walk in the park, the one that I had also avoided for two years. A breeze blew through my black hair as I stuck my hands into my jacket's pockets. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. 
"SongMin?" 
Wait. I could recognize that voice from anywhere. My eyes shot open and I was greeted by a 22 year old Baekhyun. I approached him slowly and muttered, 
"Baekhyun-ah. How have you been?" 
"A lot had changed, SongMin. I broke up with JaeHwa." He replied, refusing to make eye contact with me. 
"Why? You looked so happy with her." I asked. 
"I broke up with her...because of you." Baekhyun answered, complete honesty evident in his eyes. 
I was speechless. All I could do was stand there and wait for a further explanation. 
"I knew you cried after you found out that I got a girlfriend. I'm not stupid." He started. 
I looked away, feeling embarrassed by my childish behavior from two years ago. 
"My heart ached seeing your painful expression. I worried about you constantly, SongMin-ah, and I wasn't sure why." He confessed. 
I continued staying silent. I knew he had more to say. I just wanted to listen. 
"I thought I was just feeling guilty, but then other emotions started to arise. My heart beat rapidly whenever I saw you on the street...or thought about you. I grew upset when you clearly saw me, but decided to ignore me." Baekhyun frowned. 
I looked down. I wasn't sure how to face him anymore. Does he hate me? "I started to care less and less about JaeHwa and more about you. In one year and six months...I broke up with her. I lied and said that I couldn't stand her anymore." Baekhyun sighed.
I bit my lower lip. I was the cause of some girl's heartbreak. I'm such a jerk. 
"But I didn't come here to ramble to you about my old problems. I came here to say eight words to you and it's your choice whether you'd accept it or not." Baekhyun stated, his voice stern and his face completely serious. 
A long, seemingly endless silence. 
"I love you. Will you be mine forever?" Baekhyun asked, his beautiful smile appearing on his face.
Time had stopped again...
And the warm feeling flooded my heart once more. 

...

"This night is sparkling. Don't you let it go. I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home. I'll spend forever wondering if you knew... 
I was enchanted to meet you."

Author's Note:

I hope everyone enjoyed reading it! Please comment! I'd love to see your feedback. :)