Hara like Hwayoung

Kai's Cinderella

Italics are Flashbacks

Dr. Kim’s POV

All these thoughts of them are pushed from my mind when the man I”m trying to nurse starts thrashing muttering his dead wife and my old dear friend’s name. Hwayoung’s mother’s name, a name that I haven’t heard spoken from other's lips for a very long time. A name that I wish I would have said goodbye to her. She’s a woman that I care for. I loved her like a sister and her children like my own.

Hara,  please forgive me for failing your family and you.

One of the evils that was harming your children is gone, but their is still at least one more too go.

I smile as I look at Hwayoung to see my dear friend Hara in her image and personality.   Though Hwayoung is also like her father though you can’t tell too much. She doesn’t even look like her father at all if anything she just looks like her mother when she was her age so I know Hwayoung will be a beautiful and caring girl towards all people.

Hara she reminds me of the day that we met.

 

My parents were in charge of this hospital much like I am today and I was proud too be their daughter though at times I was frustrated since I”d help nurses every once in awhile.

I met Hara shortly after she lost her parents in a car accident.

I was told she was throwing her food trays at nurses so they hoped that a girl her age would help calm her down. I brought her food everyday and take her trays all the time. After awhile we became close friends. though no matter how much time we spent together no one from her family ever visited her.

The only person that would was her childhood friend her future husband and father of her children, Sungho.

It was a wonderful time the 3 of us had, but Hara hardly noticed Sungho is a romantic way  until it was almost too late.

 

I sigh as I start to take care of Sungho. When nurses show up too take Sungho away I sigh in relief that I could finally let all this be.

“Hwayoung, I’m gonna have them take your father too another room. I’ll be back in a bit too check up on you.

“Why’s he mumbling mom’s name?”

“He feels guilty for not taking care of his children and failing the one woman he’s truly loved except his mother and daughter. He was in love with your mother from the time they were young children.”

“What he loved mom for how long?”

“Well I met them when they were 16 and they were together since they were young children. Their mothers were friends. Your father said something about being in love with her since they were 6.”

“That long, huh,” great sounds like fun.

“Yes. Though for some reason hearing your mother’s name for the first time since her funeral. A name I thought I wouldn’t hear spoken again. Hearing her name I can see her even more clearly in you. I see her strengths and weakness in you so clearly. I though I see your father. in you as well. You especially remind me of your mother shortly after her parents had died.”

“What do you mean?”

“Your mother did not trust others with her heart after her parents died those who mattered were her family. Even your father her childhood friends that she grew up with she wouldn’t let in until a long while later.”

“A long while….”

“Yes,” I sit down on the bed next to the girl staring at the door at my son.

“How long did it take her to heal?”

“6 years that’s how long it took her to let her father take her heart.”

“It’s been far longer than that cause that my heart has yet to heal.”

“That’s cause you have things that keep happening to you. Your mother dies, shortly after that your brother goes into a coma, and then your sister dies. Your heart never has the time to heal what so ever. I think though you should try opening it up. Let your heart unfrozen.”

I watch as the young looking Hara… O, Hara’s beautiful daughter, Hwayoung smiles sadly as she mumbles, “I think I had started too, but this fear it’s keeping my heart locked still. That keeps my heart frozen. That boy he brings warmth to my heart and soul giving me love and hope.”

“What boy?” I ask without second thought.

She looks at her hands slowly, “A boy that I met going too that school. He has saved my mind and heart, but he has also harmed it very much so.”

“Is it my stupid son?” I ask while I straight into my son’s eyes.

I get a stink eye from him while he flicks me off as well…. that’s a first.

Hwayoung doesn’t answer me, but her face gives me the answer that I want. Her face tells me all especially her eyes. They tell me that my son is the one she loves and the son

I watch as Jongin looks so disappointed that he doesn’t seem to have the answer that he wants. My son sure is an idiot, but I guess so is this young girl.

These 2 might end up repeating Sungho and Hara’s mistakes. The fact that they won’t let each other close to one another something that almost destroyed the 2 of them. Jongin told me that they have something planned for her can tell Hwayoung that he has feelings for her.

What will she do when he does this?

Will you hate him? Will you accept him?

I look at Hwayoung too see her grab her necklace and a memory flashes.

 

“Hara, your necklace where did you get it? It’s absolutely beautiful?”

“My great grandfather or something made it for my grandmother for their wedding day. Lucky for them they just had 1 daughter so they gave it to her when she turned 12 for good luck. For they can find love. Truth be told I never believed it, but who knows.”

I remember us laughing and joking around about it, but it did lead Sungho too her once again.

 

“Dr. Kim… Do you think the guys pity me? Is that why they care so much for me?”

“No way. The guys love you. You cared for them not exactly right away, but they felt a connection for how you stuck up for Jongin without much thought. Your kindness pulled them in and the true you has been keeping them with you. Now I think I need to go before I think anymore of your mother” I lean over and kiss my goddaughter’s forehead, “I love you, Hwayoung, just like if you were one of my own children. One day I hope you realize you have more allies than you’d ever believe.”

She laughs as she squeezes my hand, “I know. The guys told me they have a cool group performance at the talent show so I have to be there. I’m looking forward for it.”

I smile knowing that it’ll either make or break whatever EXO and her have. Make or break Jongin and her hearts.

Hara… Look over your daughter.

Please…

Hara… Hwayoung needs you more than ever.

She needs you to protect her from this backlash that’s about to happen.

Protect Hwayoung and I will try as well too keep my promise with you.

Hwayoung will always be happy like your other child that lives.

Look after them.

Protect them.

Hara, they need you.

I smile as I leave the room to my son, “Tell her soon. She needs you and your love.”

Your POV

My mother… Hara… A woman that I only remember through the warmth that has slowly faded away from my body.

Mother, what would you do in this situation?

Let me think cause Dr. Kim has said that I’m a lot like you…

Does that mean I know the answer to my own question?

Mother… What would you think of Kai?

His mother was your friend… but would you like him.

Would you want him as a son-in-law or something?

Oh well I can’t ask you in person…

Maybe I’ll ask father when I feel well enough to leave this bed.

 

I leave my thoughts too see a glimpse of Kai walking past my door only to steal a  quick look before he runs off.

Damnit!

Mother, would you like this coward?

Would you be okay with this coward as well?





Hey guys it's me alwaysdreaming and I just want to thank you for reading. Sorry for the late updates, but I hope you'll forgive me with this early one. I will warn you. I'm supposed to go to a camp for the summer so I'll probably won't be updating. I'll tryt o write while I'm there and update whne I get back. Wish me luck... Also I'm trying to do a mashup of My turn to Cry and Baby don't cry, but I might try to rewrite the 2 songs together for the performance piece... Unless you know someone that has already combined the 2. If not please help me with this.