Down 1 Evil

Kai's Cinderella

Your POV

I sigh as I lean against the wall thinking of how I can hide the bruise that has formed on my cheek from everyone.

I sigh as my phone goes off and I look too see it’s from Kris.

I smile as I open it to read, “Hey, Hwayoung do you want too go too your brother’s for a while?”

“Well… Ummmm… I noticed that your step sisters had commented on a few of our things and you said your dad is away on business.”

“True… I got hit… I don’t want Eric to see it, but I don’t want to stay here.”

It’s a while until I look too see a new text from him, “Then stay at my place. I live alone at the moment so there’s so issue and I have a guest room… sort of.”

I laugh as I nod my head before I sent an answer, “Alright, I’ll just sneak out with some of my things.”

I quickly pack up some of my clothing in a bag along with my glasses, beauty products, and what not.

I smile as I look at a small photo book as I grab that and slip it into my school bag.

I look at the window that faces the front yard sighing and hope i don’t hurt myself. I open the window to see that luckily there is a tree right there though there doesn’t look like there’s any strong branches that I can use. I look to the side too see a small ladder looking thing, but it’s closer to the idiots’ room then my own. Still it’s that or pray that branches don’t break.

I look at the tree and decide that I’ll lower the bag down the window, but what will I use I don’t have anything that long… I look at the annoying long sheet of fabric that they had placed in my room. Maybe they’ve been hoping to hang me or for me too beat them at it.

I smile as I wrap my bags in the rope, tie off an end off on my windowsill, and feed it out my window until I can’t anymore.

I sigh as I start to climb out the window and look at the trellis with disdain. I start to reach for it before i launch towards it. I hold my breath as I grab a hold of it. I feel something crack but I hold my breath since it’s not the first time I’ve had a finger or two broken. I sigh as I start to climb down the trellis.  I groan as I make it too the ground when I feel something hit me on the back.

“What the hell?” I hear Kris shout.

Then I hear someone being restrained and shouting.

I feel someone touch my arm and I flinch then I hear a voice, “Hwayoung, you’re alright.”

I shake my head only too feel a wave of dizziness come over me plus I’m a bit nauseous.

I feel her gently grab my neck, “Don’t move. We called the ambulance and they’ll be here soon.”

“Why?”

“Your stepsister Hyuna hit you with something.”

I don’t move or really speak since I feel like it’s a waste of energy, but damn the beatings I’ve gotten over the years seem to be a bit help on things like this huh. I haven’t out from anything like this in years. Though sometimes I wished I would.

Mrs. Kim looks around before she whispers, “Kai passed out so he shouldn’t hear of this until later. Let’s just get you too the hospital.”

I smile slightly until I feel another wave of dizziness hit me and I move enough so I won’t choke on whatever I puke up.

 

I wake up too find myself in the hospital and a police officer standing at the door talking to Kris and Mrs. Kim.

“Ugh, my freaking head hurts. Did she have too hit me that hard?”

They look my way and I notice that it’s daylight out and there’s someone sleeping on a chair across the room.

I squint to see that it’s my father who looks like he barely slept.

“What the heck happened here?”

“Ummm… Your step sister, Choi Hyuna had hit you with a shovel when you tried to sneak out your window. Though that wasn’t it she tried to stab you with the shovel and if this young man hadn’t tackled her then you’d probably be dead.”

“Lovely, How long have I been asleep?”

“Long enough do you know that the talent show is in a few days.”

“Wasn’t that like 2 weeks from now.”

“Nope like 4 days.”

“Lovely how long has he been here?” I ask pointing to my father.

“Ahh since we called him that night. He took the first flight back here.”

“Ahh… Does everyone else know?”

“Yeah, everyone. Hwayoung this officer is here to talk to you.”

I look at him and recognize him from awhile back, but his name is at a lost.

“Hello, Miss. Choi you may not remember me, but I worked on both you mother’s and sister’s cases.”’

“Ahh… alright,” I mumble.

He sighs as he sits down, “Sorry that we’re not the best at our job.”

I look at the officer confused since I don’t know anyone who would ever admit something like that. Yet to hear it come from a police officer is kind of funny.

“Ahh nice to hear that.”

He shrugs his shoulders as he smiles over at me.

I look at the door as he asks questions and I answer.

“Are you waiting for someone?”

Yes… “No, just rather look away from the window.”

I haven’t heard anything about Jongin making an appearance at all while I was out and I’m worried about that. Is he still mad at me?

I push that from my mind as they ask me random questions. As we finish up with the questions its pretty obvious that my stepsister will be charged with assault.

As the officer leaves Dr. Kim walks inside the room.

I smile as her and she smiles back at me as she says, “Sorry my son can’t seem to make it. Though he does hope you can make it too the talent show.”

Dr. Kim’s POV

Watching Hwayoung’s face turn to something close to disappointment to anger is kind of funny and cute.

“He doesn’t even have time to see me,” she mumbles angry.

“He was here for the first week almost nonstop, but I threatened that he wouldn’t be able to stay here anymore. So he got mad and hasn’t really been home since. I think he sneaks in too check on you once in awhile.”

“What makes you say that?”

“One of the nurses see him here when I’m not working.”

“So you say he’s visiting me automatically.”

She leans over and whispers, “The guys told me plus ask your father.”

We look over at my dad and I notice he’s a bit flushed, “Mrs. Kim can you check on my dad?”

“He’s burning up I’ll call a nurse though I think it’s from all the stress of this since your father blames himself.”

“He said that?”

“Yeah, claiming it’s cause he chose the first woman who claimed loved him after your mother died. He didn’t know what to do since he wanted to give you a mother figure, but if your step sister has done that then what if’s pile in his head.”

I sigh as I lean back in the bed mumbling, “Most of it probably happened.”

Mrs. Kim groans as she looks over at me, “Hwayoung, don’t you know better than this. You shouldn’t be saying like that. Think better than that. For crying out loud what would you mother have to say?”

“She’d let me off the hook for everything they put me through. What they put Baozi through.”

“Maybe you should have let him know earlier,” she replies.

“Cause he was happy. Then after what happened with Baozi everything  changed. He was never home beatings happened more. He doesn’t realize a lot of anything really.”

“Hwayoung…”

“How am I supposed to know that most of this happened cause of my father? I let that beast stay because he claimed he was in love that he was happy. I wanted to be a good daughter but hot can that be when you’ve been abused for the last 8 to 10 years of your life.”

“Even if that’s true that’s not something that should be held over your father’s head.”

“I think it does. I think that he knew something was going on so he didn’t want too spend too much time with me scared of what I’d do.”

“What would you do?”

“I might try to kill that witch if he saw what the woman can do or if he didn’t do anything I might kill both of them.”

“Hwayoung,” I whisper her name as I look over at her seeing the sun light reflect off her hollow eyes.

At the door I notice my son that looks like he might jump over at the girl sitting up in the bed looking like she might die. I sigh at how stupid these children can be. Jongin believes that she doesn’t love him and she believes that he doesn’t care a 2 about her. Still they are perfect for each other.

Yet all these thoughts of them are pushed from my mind when the man I”m trying too nurse starts thrashing muttering his dead wife and my old dear friend’s name. Hwayoung’s mother’s name, a name that I haven’t heard spoken from other's lips for a very long time. A name that I wish I would have said goodbye too her. She’s a woman that I care for. I loved her like a sister and her children like my own.

Hara,  please forgive me for failing your family and you.

One fo the evils that was harming yoru children is gone, but their is still at least one more too go.