Their Minds Fly

Remember Me

 

[June 2010; The Evening]

[Author POV]

Dinner wasn’t so quiet thanks to Jiyoung who made lively talk amongst everybody. Daesung and Jiyoung were sitting next to each other while Mi Sun sat by herself on the other side of the table. Mr. and Mrs. Kang were sitting on each end of the huge dining table, silently watching the young adults converse.

On the other hand, Daesung’s mind was whirling. Whirling because of what Jiyoung told him, the “good news” as she said. Daesung didn’t consider it as good news. Looking between Jiyoung and Mi Sun, he’s feeling more torn than ever.

Meanwhile, Mi Sun was politely laughing and talking to Jiyoung. She’s glad that it isn’t as awkward as she expected it to be. She’s still not really comfortable around Mr. Kang, so she can’t really speak up that much.

“Unnie,” Jiyoung starts, sharing a smile with her parents. Everyone focuses on the two girls. “As you know, appa and Daesung oppa are working in the same company.” Mi Sun nods slowly, confused on where she’s going. “Well, since I don’t really like hanging out with the other suits there, I was hoping you could come.”

“Come where?” Mi Sun asks hesitantly, suddenly conscious of all the eyes on her.

“The company is throwing some grand party for reasons.” Jiyoung giggles out the last two words.

“For what reasons?” Mi Sun asks, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh, well, the company is going to be under Daesung’s name now, making him one of the top business men in the grounds. Aside from my dad of course.” Jiyoung shares a wink with her father.

“Wow,” Mi Sun murmurs. She meets Daesung’s piercing eyes briefly. “Congratulations, Daesung.”

“Thanks.” Was all Daesung could mutter.

“Is that the reason for… the, um, bags?” Mi Sun asks Jiyoung.

Jiyoung nods enthusiastically, laughing along with Mi Sun. “It’ll be a shocker, don’t you think, unnie?”

Mi Sun smiles; raising curiosity from Daesung. “Definitely.”

~O~O~

By 10 p.m., Daesung finally managed to persuade Jiyoung that he could take Mi Sun home. During the car ride, he kept glancing at a silent Mi Sun. Mi Sun was lost in her thoughts, fighting herself. She really doesn’t want to go to that party, but Jiyoung keeps insisting for her to come, saying that Jiyoung has a surprise for her.

Mi Sun was slowly starting to hate surprises. What could be the surprise this time? Going shopping with Jiyoung today was already a surprise enough. Them meeting each other were purely coincidental. 

[Flashback]

Mi Sun decided to go for a walk after having a long, hard battle from last night. After Mi Sun slipped out of Daesung’s room, she was debating if she should leave his house permanently. Not being able to take the silence, she ran out of the house, needing fresh air.

Around 7 a.m., she was walking down a familiar looking road. Then suddenly a car stops in front of her. Mi Sun jumps and takes a few steps back, but stops when the person in the car rolls down the window.

“Unnie!”

“Jiyoung?” Mi Sun asks, shocked.

“Unnie, what are you doing here? Walking by yourself in the morning…” Jiyoung asks, looking worried.

“Just thought I needed some fresh air.” Mi Sun mumbles, suddenly remembering her troubles all over again.

“I have an idea!” Jiyoung squeals from the car. Mi Sun looks back at her, raising her eyebrows. “I’m on my way to the mall. I know it’s early, but I have to beat the rush. Anyway, why don’t you accompany me to the mall?”

“Um,” Mi sun bites her lip. “I don’t know…”

“Aish, come on, unnie. Let’s have some fun. Girl time.” Jiyoung smiles, giving her a puppy dog look. Mi Sun nods after a while and goes in Jiyoung’s car. Jiyoung squeals in her seat, clapping happily. “We’re going to have so much fun!”

[End Flashback]

“Mi Sun-ah.” Someone says, shaking her from her reverie. Mi Sun blinks her eyes and climbs out the car, surprising Daesung. With a confused look, Daesung goes out of his car and follows Mi Sun inside.

Complete silence.

That’s all there is in his house. Still in a daze, Mi Sun makes her way to her room. Daesung still follows her. He grabs her wrist just when she’s about to open her door. Fully conscious now, Mi Sun slowly turns around to Daesung, slipping her hand away from his grip.

Daesung frowns from her actions. He takes a step toward her, and she takes a step back. He reaches for her hand, and she moves away again. His heart breaking, he abruptly pulls her into a hug. Mi Sun freezes. Suppressing her overflowing feelings for him, she gently pushes him off.

“Can’t I hold you? Even just for a little while?” He blurts out.

“I’m sorry, Daesung.” Mi Sun says, backing away. Still facing him, she opens her door from behind and takes a step inside.

“Wait.” Daesung says, stopping her door from closing. He opens it wider to see her. “Will you at least tell me why I didn’t wake up to see you by my side?”

Mi Sun looks at him with saddened eyes, making Daesung’s heart skip a beat. “I don’t think it’s right to wake up with me next to you. Think about how Jiyoung would react if she found out… Good night, Daesung.”

With that, she closes the door in front of a blank Daesung. In just one blink, tears start flowing down as her words finally hit him.

“Sweet dreams, Won Mi Sun. Dream of sweet memories.” He whispers to no one. “Our memories only. I want you back soon.”

-------------------------------------------

A/N: I never got to update yesterday! Our internet was out T-T Anyway, it's back on and it's the weekend again! Since I missed Friday, I hope this chapter will make up for it. I will update later today. Watch out for it~

Anyway, comment? I enjoy them :)