Sent From Heaven

Limitless Love

I love you.

Suho’s voice resonated in Soojin’s mind as her eyes fluttered open. She was greeted with darkness and silence, causing her heart to sink.

A knock on her door alerted her to another human being’s presence.

“Noona? Are you awake?” Chanyeol’s voice sounded muffled because of the door.

“Yes, you can come in,” Soojin responded softly. She heard the click of the doorknob and then Chanyeol’s heavy footsteps as he lumbered in.

“Good morning noona. What do you want for breakfast today?” he questioned. “Your perfect little brother will make anything you want!”

Soojin chuckled at Chanyeol’s excitement. In a way, her brother reminded her a little of Suho. It was most likely the enthusiasm they shared. Maybe it was also the reason she was able to move on from Suho, albeit she still missed him every single day.

Slowly, Soojin inched out of bed. Chanyeol was by her side in a second, hooking his arm through hers and happily leading her towards the kitchen.

Soojin sat in the kitchen as Chanyeol prepared a simple breakfast. He hummed a random tune, his deep voice resonating throughout the room.

“Hey noona, when are you gonna get a new boyfriend? I mean, it’s been seven months already. Suho hyung would want you to find someone new,” Chanyeol said. Soojin tilted her head and considered the idea. She couldn’t deny that he was right but there she also felt it would be near impossible to find someone who could love her and she could love back like Suho.

“I’ll take you out today. Besides, it’s almost Valentine’s Day. Maybe I can introduce you to one of my sunbaes at college. He’s the same age as you,” Chanyeol droned on. Soojin had ceased to listen to him and thought of what it would be like if she really did fall in love with another person.

No matter what, Suho will always be in my heart though. A tiny smile adorned her face and Chanyeol paused in his cooking to look at her. He saw the smile and assumed it was some form of agreement with his plan.

“Great! After breakfast we can get ready and then head to The Heavenly Bistro,” Chanyeol cheered.

“What? Why are we going there?” Soojin tilted her head, utterly puzzled.

“Didn’t you want me to introduce to you to one of my friends? He’s really nice and funny. You’ll definitely like him noona.” Chanyeol grabbed Soojin’s wrist and tugged her into her room. He picked out a cute outfit for her and the clothing into her arms. “Change into these, if you need help just call for me.”

Then, he left Soojin in her room blinking in confusion. What just happened? Shaking her head with a small smile, Soojin began the endeavor of changing her clothes.

Once she was finished, she opened the door. Chanyeol examined her clothes to make sure they were on right, reaching out to fix the strap of her dress. Grinning, Chanyeol held his thumb up in approval although Soojin couldn’t see it. It was more of an assurance for him that his fashion sense was spot-on.

“Alright noona! Let’s go!” Chanyeol pumped his fist in the air, hooking his other arm through Soojin’s. Together, they left the apartment.

---

Baekhyun scowled as he prodded the wings protruding from his back. His friend and co-worker, Luhan, stuck a headband with a halo connected to it on his head.

“Perfect. Now you look like an angel…” Luhan looked him up and down, meeting Baekhyun’s fiery glare. “…err, can’t you smile? You don’t look too angelic with that hellish glare on your face.”

“The reason I have this ‘hellish glare’ on my face is because I have to wear this stupid angel costume. I don’t understand why you can’t wear it,” Baekhyun complained.

The pair worked part-time at The Heavenly Bistro together during the school year. Both boys were seniors in college, majoring in different subjects. Since it was February, the bistro was having a special treat for the customers, dressing the workers up as angels for Valentine’s Day.

“Hey, be happy the boss didn’t decide to dress the workers like Cupid. Otherwise, you’d probably have to wear a diaper,” Luhan said. He snickered at the look of distaste on Baekhyun’s face. “Besides, I can’t wear the costume because I’m the host. The waiters get the pleasure of dressing up.”

“Then switch with me. I’ll be the host today,” Baekhyun pleaded. Luhan pretended to ponder the suggestion for a moment, causing Baekhyun’s heart to swell with hope.

“Sure, why not?” Luhan replied. Baekhyun nearly jumped for joy until Luhan grabbed his arm and kicked the locker room door open. “Just kidding! Have fun!” he cheered enthusiastically as he shoved Baekhyun out.

“Ugh, that pretty little bastard,” Baekhyun muttered angrily. “He looks so innocent but he’s really a devil.”

“Hey, Mr. Angel. Go to table 5 and take the customers’ order already.” Somehow, Luhan was already standing behind the host’s podium. He gave Baekhyun a look and pointed at the table he was referring too, smirking all the while.

Baekhyun bit back the urge to shout profanities at his friend as he unwillingly trudged to the table.

“Don’t forget to smile!” Luhan called.

I’m going to strangle him later, Baekhyun thought to himself. As he approached the table, he inhaled deeply and put on his best smile. It was a table with about five girls and they all squealed in delight when the saw the eye candy of a waiter walking towards them. Baekhyun had to fight the urge to cringe. Clingy, squeaky girls were never his type.

Oh well Baekhyun. You’re just gonna have to it up and deal with it.

---

“Xiumin! Glad you could make it,” Chanyeol greeted his friend, grinning widely.  Xiumin was a cute looking boy with somewhat round cheeks. He had a small nose and small lips. His eyes were slightly bigger than the average Korean’s and they seemed to shine brightly, adding to his cute look.

“Hey, Chanyeol. How are your classes going?” Xiumin asked as he hi-fived his friend. Soojin heard him approaching and instinctively hid behind Chanyeol. It wasn’t the hard to hide behind him since he was practically a giant.

“Ugh, boring. I wish I didn’t have to go to school,” Chanyeol replied. He finally realized that Soojin was nowhere in sight. He felt her bump into him on accident and he chuckled. “Noona, say hi to my friend. Who knows, maybe you guys will be friends too, or more than friends.” He said the last part with a sly smile on his face.

Soojin refused the budge. She always had trouble meeting new people. Except with Suho, they clicked the moment they met or at least that’s how she felt.

“Come on noona. Don’t be shy.” Chanyeol tugged his sister in front of him before she could react.

The entire time, Xiumin had been watching with curiosity. He attempted to peer past Chanyeol to see Soojin but decided to wait. Once she was in front of him, he smiled warmly. Xiumin had already figured out Chanyeol’s intentions for inviting him there, since he always talked of his sister at school. However, he already had someone he liked.

He would have declined Chanyeol’s invitation but he felt compelled to cheer his hoobae’s sister up even if he could only offer friendship rather than romantic love.

“Hello, Xiumin-ssi. Nice to meet you,” Soojin said. She bowed and Xiumin bowed back. Chanyeol seemed to think that things were going well and to further the progress, he took his sister’s hand and placed it in Xiumin’s.

“Shake hands! Then, you’ll know what it’ll feel like to hold his hand when you two go on dates in the future.” Chanyeol watched eagerly as the two awkwardly shook hands.

Afterwards, Soojin reached out for him and managed to grab his shirt. Pulling Chanyeol towards her, she hissed in his ear. “Stop assuming that Xiumin-ssi and I will get together. It probably won’t happen.”

“But noona, can’t you give him a chance?” Chanyeol pleaded.

“I will if you stop trying to push us together, alright?” Chanyeol replied with an ecstatic “yes”. Xiumin stared at them, feeling guilty for not telling Chanyeol or Soojin his true reasoning for being there.

“Let’s go inside now! I can already smell the food,” Chanyeol exclaimed. They entered the bistro together. On the way in, Soojin tripped and Xiumin reached out to catch her just in time.

Flushing a pretty pink, she thanked Xiumin shyly. “No problem, it wouldn’t be good if you got hurt,” Xiumin said.

Chanyeol’s grin reached from ear to ear as he watched the interaction. He nearly forgot he was in a bistro until the host called him.

“Excuse me sir. How may I help you today?” Luhan asked.

“Oh, sorry. A table for three please,” Chanyeol said. Luhan flashed a professional smile back.

“No problem. Right this way, sir.” Grabbing three menus, Luhan led the way to a free booth. He set the menus down and smiled at the customers. “Your waiter will be right with you.” With that said, he went back to his post.

“Xiumin hyung, you can sit beside my noona,” Chanyeol said. He pushed Xiumin down and inside the booth by the wall. Next, he gently helped Soojin sit beside Xiumin. Satisfied, Chanyeol took his seat in front of them.

Stupid Chanyeol. He said he’d stop trying to push me and Xiumin together.

Soojin was so caught up with cursing Chanyeol in her mind that she didn’t notice Xiumin addressing her.

“Soojin-ssi?”

“Y-yes! I’m sorry. I was spacing out. What were you saying?” she stammered sheepishly.

“No need to apologize. I was just asking what you feel like eating today. I can list out the items on the menu for you, if you’d like?” Xiumin responded.

“Umm, sure. Thank you,” Soojin said. She was taken aback by Xiumin’s politeness and generosity.

Maybe I could give him a chance. He seems like a good person.

While Xiumin began to tell Soojin what was on the menu, Baekhyun strolled over to them. He put on a smile and got to work.

“Hello. My name is Baekhyun and I’ll be your waiter today. Can I start you off with something to drink?” he said in a professional tone.

“I’d like a glass of cola please,” Chanyeol said.

“Just water for me,” Xiumin ordered.

“I’ll have water too.” Soojin turned her head in the direction in which she thought the waiter was, hoping she wasn’t off by too much. Her acute sense of hearing helped her pin-point where people were when they talked so she wasn’t off by much. In fact, she was staring directly into his eyes.

Baekhyun looked at her. His eyes widened, captured by her natural beauty. His cheeks turned a bright shade of red and he averted his gaze.

“A-alright. I’ll g-get your drinks right away,” he stuttered before scurrying off.

Whoa, I’ve never seen a girl like her before. She’s so beautiful. The way she was staring at me was weird too. It was like she was looking through me or something.

Shaking his head, Baekhyun focused on his work in order to forget the girl’s stare.

---

“Chanyeol, could you show me where the bathroom is,” Soojin asked once Baekhyun had left.

“Okay noona. We’ll be right back, hyung.” Getting out of the booth, Chanyeol took his sister’s hand and led her to the bathrooms.

“I wish we had someone who could go in there and help you if you needed it. Just, call for me if something happens. I’ll be right outside the door,” Chanyeol said.

Soojin doubted that she would need Chanyeol’s help. She was quite used to being blind; since she had been blind her entire life. She had developed her own ways of moving about without bumping into things or tripping but that didn’t mean she could travel on her own. Moving about her apartment was easy too. She practically had the whole layout memorized.

Pushing the door open, Soojin headed into the bathroom. She trailed her hand along the wall, hoping to find the sinks and she did.

While Soojin was in the bathroom, Chanyeol stood by and looked around. He shoved his hands in his pocket and whistled. His eyes caught sight of a familiar figure and his face lit up.

“Kai! What are you doing here?” Chanyeol called out. He momentarily forgot about his sister and headed over to his schoolmate. The two conversed comfortably, talking about school and other things.

Soojin came out of the bathroom, thinking that Chanyeol was waiting for her. “Okay Chanyeol. Let’s go back to the table.”

She waited for a response but never got one. “Chanyeol?”

Maybe he went to the bathroom too. I guess I’ll just wait a little longer.

She stood outside the bathrooms for five minutes and soon grew frustrated. She wondered what could be taking Chanyeol so long and where he could have gone.

Irritated, Soojin decided to risk walking back to the booth on her own.

“I think I turn this way,” she murmured to herself. Cautiously, she started walking in the direction of where she thought the booth was. In reality, she was headed to the opposite side of the bistro.

Her foot caught on the leg of a stool and she spiraled to the ground just as Baekhyun was walking by. He spotted her and lunged out to catch her. His own feet tangled together and he fell to the ground too with Soojin in his arms.

They both let out a small exclamation of surprise. Soojin’s eyebrows furrowed when she fell, not the floor, but on another human being. A gasp escaped her lips and she quickly attempted to get off of the mystery person, only to stumble back. Her head was about to hit the stool behind her until Baekhyun reached out and yanked her towards him again.

Soojin was shocked to feel her hands brush against something soft and feather-like.

Are these…wings?

“Whoa there. Are you okay?” Baekhyun asked worriedly. He helped her stand up and stared at her.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Soojin replied. “I’m sorry, are you alright? I didn’t mean to land on you.”

Baekhyun’s eyes narrowed when he noticed that Soojin was talking to him but looking the wrong way. He then remembered the glossy look her eyes had he put the puzzle together.

She’s blind. No wonder why it seemed like she was looking through me before.

He didn’t know what compelled him to do so, but Baekhyun suddenly reached out and grabbed Soojin’s hand. The pair felt a tingling warmth rush up their arms and through their bodies from the skin contact.

What was that? They both thought to themselves.

“Umm, I-I c-can take you back to y-your table if you need help,” Baekhyun sputtered, his mind in a complete mess.

“S-sure. Thank you so much,” Soojin responded. “Umm, you don’t have to answer me, but are you wearing…wings?” Soojin worked up the courage to ask Baekhyun what had been on her mind.

“Err, yeah. It’s a little embarrassing but my boss said it’s some special Valentine’s Day treat that all the waiters dress like angels for the customers. I think it’s pointless.” Baekhyun shrugged, glad that Soojin couldn’t see him. He was blushing from the sheer embarrassment of being condemned to wear that accursed angel costume.

“I like angels. I think it’s a cute idea.” Soojin almost wished she could see what Baekhyun looked like. From the soothing, silky tone of his voice, she assumed that he was quite handsome but she’d never be able to know if her assumption was right.

Baekhyun turned even redder and he worried that his palms would start to sweat soon. He knew she had meant the idea of dressing as an angel was cute, but he couldn’t help but hope somewhere deep in his mind that she was also talking about him.

Although they barely knew each other, the pair knew they were meant to meet again afterwards. It was fate that brought them together, there was no doubt about it.

Baekhyun felt himself wanting to get closer to Soojin. He had no idea who she was or even what her name was, but he was compelled and attracted to her in ways he couldn’t explain. To him, she was somehow became an angel sent to him from heaven.

Soojin felt the same warmth that Suho always radiated coming from Baekhyun and she understood then that Suho had sent him to her. She didn’t know how she knew, but she was 100% certain. Suho had sent Baekhyun to her as a new guardian angel.

Thank you Suho. Thank you for always looking out for me and caring for me even after death. Your love is truly limitless.

 ---

And that, my lovely readers, is the end of this threeshot. :)

I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

<3 Until next time, my friends ^.^

pic cr: mr-sherlockk @ tumblr.com