I Hate (Love) You

SNSD ONE-SHOTS

I hate her. I hate her eyes, her nose, her lips, her cheeks, her forehead, her eyebrows. I hate everything about her. I hate how she smiles, how her eyes somehow smiles along with her lips, how heartily she laughs. I hate her hair, how it perfectly flows just over her shoulder. I hate how she toothily grins at me and how brightly she is when she sees me. I hate Kwon Yuri.

 

 

I hate her and yet I don't know why I'm here, in her room, on her couch, watching a movie with her. I don't know how I ended up in here with her, just the two of us. She rested her head on my shoulder and the fact that I hate skinship with her, I stiffened. She knew it of course, another thing I hate so much about her. She knew how I was feeling, "Something wrong?"

 

 

She looked at me, and even though it was dark I could see how those eyes were large and were boring into me like she could see my soul. God I hate how she stares at me. "Why don't you just watch the movie? Don't mind me." I harshly replied, brows furrowed. Knowing she was carefree, she didn't push the topic any further and for once, I thanked her for that.

 

 

"Remind me why I'm here?" I clenched my jaw as I fix my attention on the movie that was somehow uninteresting. It was about two couples not seeing each other but after time to time they meet again, so predictable. Tch.

 

 

"We were supposed to have a pajama party along with the other girls but they said they can't make it." I heard how sad and disappointed her voice became and somehow, it made me soften a bit. The gang did promise they would go today, that they would accompany her with her parents not around, but then where were they? I sighed and she noticed my sudden change.

 

 

"It's fine without them. I have you here with me, it's fine." then there again came her bright smile. Her bright blinding smile that I hate so much. I furrowed my brows before looking away and I knew, though I couldn't see it myself, my cheeks had a hue of red. I hate how she smiles, I even find it disgusting, and yet I don't want her not to smile.

 

 

"What's with me anyway? You're so clingy, y'know that?" I was annoyed. But then, her happy aura was slowly crumbling it down, slowly adding cracks to the present ones whenever I see her. Yuri, breaking her attention from the television, turned around, disgustingly cutely pouting.

 

 

God, that pout. Stop pouting Yuri, stop.

 

 

"I like you around that's why. Why are you so mean to me? You changed, Soo." hearing my name, I blinked rapidly. She stared at me while I think of what she said. I changed? How? In what way? Oh yeah, I did. I changed only when I'm with her. I started hating how she acted around me. I started disgusting how she was so cute .

 

 

"I did? Not really," I shrugged her off and focused my attention on the movie but I knew she was still staring at me. She was like burying her eyes into me.
"You changed, Soo. So much."
"How so?"
"We're supposed to be bestfriends,"
"Aren't we?"
"You weren't like this before. It feels like you're pushing me away now," A pout.
"Well you're too close to me so yeah," I pushed her, showing she was literally too close.
"Soo, you know what I mean."

 

 

I returned my attention to her, locking my eyes with hers and was taken aback when I saw little tears at the corner of her eyes. "Nothing's changed, Yuri. It's just you being delusional again." Just then she hugged me, tight. She buried her face deep in my neck and I could feel her nose brush against my neck and it really made me hate her much more.

 

 

"I miss the old Sooyoung you know," she whispered against my neck and I could feel every breath she took and exhaled. The movie was sadly neglected but then something clicked in me. I forcefully pushed her, holding both her shoulders with my hand. "You told the gang not to come along, didn't you?" then her expression changed. From pained to broken.. Broken?

 

 

"W-What?"
"You told them not to come so that you could.. do this."
"What are you talking about? Of course not!" I scoffed and rolled my eyes when I saw her deny my accusations.
"Really?"
"The way you talk hurts,"

 

 

She stood up, leaving me there. I didn't know where she went, all I know is that when she left, she was already crying. She already had tears at running down her cheeks. I made her cry..

 

 

Out of frustration, I stomped the floor and groaned. "What is wrong with you Sooyoung," I mumbled to myself as I bury my face in both my palms and with every second that passed by, the more annoying the noise the movie was making. I grabbed the remote, turned the noisy television off, and stood up.

 

 

Should I go after her? Maybe not. Should I?

 

 

I bit the corner of my lower lip, contemplating. Should I go after her? Yeah, I changed, I admit it. But it was all because of her. With the television off, it was much more silent and I could hear faint sounds of sobbing. I closed my eyes, sighed, and clenched my teeth. She's crying. Clicking my tongue, I head to the hall where she went and stuck my ear to every door that I passed.

 

 

I stopped at the end of the hall, the last door. Probably her room. I could hear her sobs and some faint whispers, probably her talking to herself again. I pressed my lips together before biting my lower lip. Should I knock? I should. But...

 

 

Whatever. I knocked three times and I heard her sobs stop. Gulping, I inhaled a large amount of air, still biting my lower lip. I waited for five seconds but then no one was opening the door. I knocked again, slightly annoyed this time, and waited again. She didn't answer the door though.

 

 

Growling, I pound on the door and grabbed the doorknob and was taken aback when it was not locked. Blinking rapidly, I opened the door and peeked. Yuri was on the bed, hugging her knees that was against her chest, while looking at me. Well she was like looking at me with those large puppy eyes that had tears at the corner of her eyes. I swear, my heart started beating fast again. An effect I hate whenever she's around.

 

 

"Y-Yul.." I called out to her as I slowly enter the room after closing the door. I leaned against the closed door, glancing at her with my lowered head. "You can go home if you don't want to be here. I'm fine." and now, she's pushing me away I feel much more uneasy.

 

 

I pushed myself off the door and walked closer to her and for once I never saw her so scared. I must've really hurt her earlier. I sat at the edge of the bed, biting my lower lip. "I'm s-sorry,"

 

 

Here it goes.. "I-I know I changed. I'm sorry." I played with my fingers to distract me from something. I didn't want to look at her now. No, I knew if I look at her now I would feel much more guilty. Just then, I felt the weight shift and this made me turn to look at her but then was taken aback at how close her face was from mine. I could feel her breath against my upper lip, her hot breath that warmed up my upper lip, and the tip of her nose brushing against mine.

 

 

"Why did you change so much, Soo. I miss the old you," she whispered while staring at me with those eyes that I grew to hate. Hate... I hate her.
"I hate you," she flinched, and in no time tears formed at the corner of her eyes. But I didn't want her to cry because of that, "I hate how you smile so brightly at me when you see me." she stopped crying and stared at me, making me so nervous now.

 

 

She didn't talk and I took this chance to explain myself further, "I h-hate how you stare at me with y-your eyes. I hate how you're clingy to only me. I hate how you smile, how you..." I paused, hesitating to continue but I didn't care. I hate seeing her cry... From all the things she's doing, the thing that I hate the most is when she's crying.

 

 

"I hate how you make me so conscious whenever you're around. I hate it when you smile and my heart skips a beat.." I stopped when I saw her smile, genuinely smile, for the first time tonight. Not knowing what to do, I looked away, feeling completely anxious. I just explained why I hate her and yet it was a confession. You're really an idiot, Sooyoung.

 

 

"I hate you too," I turned to look at her, somehow expecting her to say those but didn't expect the next thing she did. She hugged me, pushed me down the bed, and kissed me. She kissed me, I can't believe she's kissing me. Her lips were lovingly massaging mine and somehow I understood how she said those words. She said she hates me with so much love.

 

 

Eventually, the kiss broke and somehow I missed the feeling of them against mine, "I hate how you make me cling to you like a baby. I hate how you treat me so coldly yet care for me when I'm not looking. I hate how you bite your lower lip when you're thinking. I hate you Choi Sooyoung," I giggled since I can't hold it in. I giggled at how cute she was just now.

 

 

"I hate how you never showed me that giggle since forever," I was taken aback at what she just said and before I could even react, she pressed her lips on mine again. I s my arms around her neck, pulling her closer to me and within minutes, she was straddling me, lips connected, breath heavy. That night, all I could remember saying was "I hate you Kwon Yuri," and how loud her moans were.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

The next day we were at school. It was lunch time and I was headed to our table when I felt someone snake an arm around my waist. I turned around to look at who's hugging me and I saw Yuri there, with a cheeky smile. "Morning, Soo."

 

 

Just then the Tiffany came from behind, her arm hooked around Yoona's. As soon as they saw Yuri hugging me they cheered so loud. I broke free from Yuri's hug, feeling my face warm up. I furrowed my brows looking away as the rest of the girls start teasing us. "OOOOH! They're finally going out!" Taeyeon chirped, smirking.

 

 

"Yeah. I hate Choi Sooyoung so much." I laughed when I saw the girls' reaction as to what Yuri said. I toothily grin as I rest my arm over Yuri's shoulder, pulling her closer to me. "Yeah, I hate her too." then whispered in Yuri's ear, "I love you Kwon Yuri."