Four Years Later

Living Out My Dreams

 

FOUR YEARS LATER
 
4 years had passed since the inccident that unabled Suzy to fulfill her dreams. The two best friends were sitting at the school garden reading the newspaper. Then they saw the headline, "SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS MAN RETURNS TO HOME LAND" the they saw a picture of Taecyeon alongside her mother. Ji-eun immediately shut the newspaper and then Suzy broke the silence by saying,
 
"Why does is still hurt, it's been so long,"
 
"Suzy maybe it still hurts maybe because him leaving you on the day of the showcase wasn't the only reason," Ji-eun tries to reason out.
 
"I don't care about him but he will not know that I stopped performing and cried when he left, arasso?" She said in a deadly and commanding tone.
 
"Arasso, but what will happen when he come to visit your family, since both your families were really close?" Ji-eun pointed out. 
 
"We just have to ask them to not tell anything. They don't know I cried because of him."
 
"Ara,"Ji-eun replied. 
 
~Later that night in the Bae Mansion.~
 
Taecyeon did indeed visit the mansion. He was surprised to see Suzy's face so expressionless. Ji-eun was there because Suzy begged her. They were sitting at the living room. Suzy' mom and dad are busy while her little sister says she had to do something with her classmates.
 
So the three were sitting in silence but Ji-eun broke it. 
 
"Annyeong , Taecyeon-sunbae. My name is Lee Ji-eun. Suzy' best friend for almost 5 years."
 
"Just call me oppa like Suzy does," he said and I reply with a polite nod.
 
"Tsk, oppa better call her IU if you don't a want her to kill you," Suzy said. Taecyeon grinned showing all of his teeth.
 
"Why are you grinning?" Ji-eun wondered. 
 
"It the first time in 4 years that I heard you speak."
 
Suzy just turned her head to the side. 
 
"Oppa, Suzy-ssi has told me loads of things about you," I say changing the subject.
 
"Really? Tell me what she told you so far."
 
"Well, I remember her saying that you didn't really wanted to manage your appa's company,that you wanted to be a dancer." His smiled withered. I could tell that this was a touchy subject and I see that Suzy is wearing a worried expression then sends me a death glare.
 
"Mianhe oppa, I forgot that Suzy-ssi told me not to talk about this topic."
 
"Its okay we all forget little things sometimes," he said then faked a smile.
 
"Oppa would you excuse us for a second," Suzy says standing up the dragging Ji-eun to the mini recording studio. Taecyeon just nods his head, before Suzy closes the door, Ji-eun sees  Taec pulling out a box for a necklace.
 
"YA!! Don't talk about his secrets that no one knows except for us."
 
"Ara! I just forgot and what happened to I don't care about him?"
 
"I don't!"
 
"Then why are you scolding me  because  I accidentally talked about his secret?!"
 
"Let's go back before he starts to wonder where we went," Suzy says changing the subject.
 
As they went out they heard Teacyeon talking over the phone. 
 
"Omma just give me more time....... Just let me have dinner here..... Omma, four years, I waited and worked under your control. I just want to see hear..... Omma don't continue appa's argument with me..... Omma let me get outside for on second," he said and turned around and asked if he could step out for one moment.
 
Suzy nodded her head and then he went into the Bae Mansion's garden. They knew it was rude to eavesdrop on other people's conversation but the two young ladies couldn't help themselves. 
 
"OMMA!!! I gave up my dream of standing onstage to save you precious company! I know it was what kept me alive and because of that I met Suzy but-.......... Arasso, I'll go back after the meeting tomorrow..... Wait, Omma, our deal. We agreed that after 4 years I could go back here and dongsaeng manages the company for 4 years then you will determine who the company goes to," 
 
And that was the end of their conversation. Suzy knew why her oppa had to leave but she can't help but hate him. And unconsciously, Suzy walks toward him and say,
 
"You're leaving again." Then he turns around and tries to explain but Suzy cut him off.
 
"Oppa you left without saying good bye."
 
"Mian-" he was again cut off by Suzy
 
"ANI! You told me once that your dongsaeng doesn't even know how to manage that company. OPPA STOP LYING AND BREAKING YOUR PROMISES!" The she covered and ran to her room where she cried.
 
"Mianhe, she just-" he cut her off and said,
 
"I know, she was right. I'm not being a responsible big brother right now. IU, just tell her I said good bye, I won't be coming back for another year or four and by that time she'll be a famous singer like she always wanted to be," Ji-eun just gave him a look of sympathy and said,
 
"Don't worry about it oppa and you can call me Ji-eun or IU, whichever you are comfortable with," he just nodded his head.
 
"I'll take my leave, how about you?" He said.
 
"I'm gonna stay here until Suzy calms down. So I guess I'm staying for dinner. I'll walk you to the door." He just nodded his head. They walked quietly down the hallway and reached the door, they bid each other goodbye then Ji-eun grabbed the extra keys to Suzy's room.
 
There were tendencies when Suzy locks herself in her room and do her thing and wouldn't let anyone in so Suzy parent's gave Ji-eun a duplicate so she can go inside. 
 
Ji-eun ran to Suzy's room she knocked a couple of times but no response was received. So Ji-eun was forced to open the door.
 
"He left. He wanted to say goodbye to you but he had to go. At least this time he said goodbye."
 
"Who cares. Tomorrrow, Lee Ji-eun you are gonna help me stand onstage and sing." Ji-eun almost jump for joy. Bae Suzy was gonna let Ji-eun see herself perform.