Prologue

Living Out My Dreams

There are reasons why some people can't live out their dreams. One of those reasons are because of a terrible memory that happened to you once.

 
Bae Suzy is one of those people who are experiencing this kind of situation.
 
Her best friend Ok Taecyeon  said he would always be there for his dongsaeng but an accident occurred to his father and was forced to go to the US where his family's treasured company is at. Neither he or his brother wanted to be the successor of the said company but due to being the elder brother, Taecyeon felt responsible to take charge of the company.
 
It was the grand showcase of Suzy's school and Suzy expected her oppa to be there but when she searched the crowed, he wasn't there.
 
Ever since Suzy and Taecyeon were still little children, Taecyeon would always come to Suzy's performance thus becoming a lucky charm to her. Suzy vowed to Taec (his nickname) he would never perform without him in the crowed. 
 
When Suzy checked her phone, she received a text message coming from Taec saying he has to leave the country because of an emergency. Suzy heart beats faster and faster till her name was called by the MC. When she stood on stage she realized no one that was there for her. Her mom and dad, were at work  since, they too had a stupid company to manage.  Her little sister couldn't be there  since she had classes. 
 
When she reached center stage, her heart beat faster than ever then she looked at the crowed. Her face looked more and more scared, confusing the audience. She dropped the mic then ran to who knows where. She came to the school's garden, where she weeped for hours.
 
It was foolish, that she couldn't sing onstage without her oppa watching her, at least she thought she couldn't. Never in her  life, this had happened. This was the first time. Ever since this lovely event, Bae Suzy, the loving, caring and smiling girl became cold hearted girl and never smiled.
 
She was angry at her oppa for not saying goodbye, angry at herself for not being able to perform onstage without her oppa. The only time she smiled was on picture day and when her best friend, who makes people call herself IU, Ji-eun talks about her crush ,Jang Wooyung. 
 
Ever since that event Bae Suzy, never sang onstage or in front of anyone. Not even her BFF Ji-eun was permitted to see or hear her practice but that doesn't stop Ji-eun from sneaking into the practice room at the crack of dawn and watching Suzy play the piano and sing though she isn't too bad herself, wait, I stand corrected. Saying Jieun wasn't too bad herself is underestimated, Jieun is probably the only singer in their school that could match the talent of Bae Suzy other than Eun-jung.