Lost and Found

Sleepwalking

It was an hour later when Baekhyun and Joonmyun arrived to relieve Sehun's shift.

Baekhyun insisted he'll stay with Joonmyun for the latter's eye bags were as dark as half craters. Joonmyun didn't put up much resistance. It's better to have a second watch keeper anyway since his evanescent shut-eyes these few days hadn't been exactly helpful to his concentration. 

20 minutes after Sehun drives away, a lone figure appeared round the corner of the alley. He moved like a shadow dancer under the sun, fingers flicking away a cigarette stub carelessly as it hit and bounced off the wall. 

"Bingo." Joonmyun uttered quietly.

"That's him?" Baekhyun looked at the leader.

He nodded in response, whipping out his handphone to text his client. 

"We found him."

______________

 

When Kyungsoo jolted awake, he was pleasantly surprised to find it's only 630 am. He heard the thud of the door. Joonmyun had gone out.

The company Kyungsoo needed to perform his task at was only a 15 minutes drive away. He's due at 8 am. It's a marriage proposal. He's to dress as a mascot, then when the slides go on, exchange the outfit with the proposer. Sometimes Kyungsoo wondered if he'll ever run out of proposal ideas when it comes to himself. He and the team had designed so many in such variety over the years. Some really good ones were repeated when clients requested for it, the romance and novelty sizzling out for him with each run. 

40 minutes later, he arrived at the venue with the Pororo costume. The client thanked him profusely and ushered him to one of the rooms to change. 5 minutes before he stepped into his character, he was distracted by his handphone vibrating in his pants. He couldn't reach into his pocket with the cumbersome Pororo outfit and decided to check on it after the stint.

And when he did, he wasn't sure how to react.

 

The girl was found.

______________________

 

Since Baekhyun was still in the suburbs with Joonmyun and the location nearer to Kyungsoo, it only made sense he be the one to meet the subject. Kyungsoo climbed into his car and called the client.

Park Chanyeol was a gentle and well-mannered man. His 6 feet tall frame and long limbs made him look like a tree out of place in the middle of the pedestrian walk as he lumbered awkwardly towards Kyungsoo. When he smiled, his right eye squeezed into a line, expression somewhat comical. As unusual as the man's demeanor was, Kyungsoo liked him. He had this strange attraction towards people who didn't seem to fit in anyway. 

"Can you talk to her first? I'm not sure how she'll react." He sounded a tad embarrassed.

"Sure." Kyungsoo replied against his better wishes.

"So, are we ready to go now?"

Of course not.

"I'll drive." Kyungsoo walked towards the car.

 

________________

 

So... I figured there's some things I need to explain before Jongin meets him mom~ and Kyungsoo meets the girl~ so.. no coarse language in this chapter as originally said~ heh heh~