Bacon & Sausage

Bacon & Sausage [ONE-SHOT]

 

Your POV

 

I lost my mind
And I bumped my head again
Oh what do I do? Everything gets in slow motion
Bacon and sausage is in the pan, frying like no other can.

I sang to my heart’s content, feeling proud of my infamous version of EXO-K’s What Is Love. From a fangirl’s perspective, when I heard that song, I thought EXO would be a group of mentally unstable boys. Knowing Baekhyun was in the group didn’t help challenge that theory either.

Then, I felt that I had forgotten something, but I couldn't quite pin-point what it was until my kitties; Mini-Bacon and Mini-Sausage ran to me, reminding me that I'd planned to take them to see their 'appa'.

 

-

 

We arrived at the EXO K fan sign event in CG Shopping Centre. Hundreds of fans gathered, chanting and screaming the names of the EXO members. I was amazed by their popularity. Who knew?

Once the fan sign commenced, the boys overwhelmed their audience by simply greeting them. Suddenly, my confidence dropped and I began to worry. My heart pounded against my chest, not knowing what to prepare myself for.

It didn’t take long before I reached the table, finally giving me the chance to be close to him, again. Without even looking at me, he snatched the album in my hand before signing it calmly. My heart began to doubt. ‘Could it be that he’d forgotten?’ I thought to myself.

“So, who should I sign this to?” It took me a while to process his words. I guess I wanted him to realise it was me before I told him. I was…expecting something, I suppose. I was a little disappointed, as well as feeling slightly bitter by the turn of events.

I should’ve known better.

“Sausage.”

Has he…forgotten the story of Bacon and Sausage?

 

-

 

The story of Bacon and Sausage begins in the year 2008; the year I moved to South Korea.

I was like a nerd back then. Following the written instructions my mother gave me and attempted to find my way to my new school. It was like I was on a treasure hunt…but failing miserably.

After an hour’s worth of reading, thinking and deciphering, I finally found the bus stop! (Like…finally!)

Unfortunately, the passengers on the bus weren’t exactly…welcoming. Nope. It was like they were using their eyes to shoot lasers at me.

Foreigners must have this distinct scent to them. Or else how else could they tell I wasn’t their ‘kind’ of people.

Surly it’s not right though, I mean, I don’t go around randomly staring at strangers whom I believe just arrived in the land of Korea.

Ignoring the intensity of their stares, I began to search for a free seat and found one next to a boy who had the same uniform as me. I was so relieved, because if I followed him, then there would be absolutely no reason for me to get lost, right?

Quietly, I sat down next to him (with the urge to jump at him repeating countless ‘thank you’ and ‘I love you’ for going to the same school as me) hoping that he wouldn’t give me too much attention.

“Annyeong haseyo!” He greeted me politely.

 

You would’ve thought that a well educated girl like myself would’ve greeted him too in the same manner.

If you thought that…you are wrong.

 

“Kyahhhh!” I yelped, slightly startled. You know, before getting on the bus, I told myself: don’t get too much attention, just stay in the background and I would be fine.

What really happened?

If I didn’t get the entire bus’ attention, then I certainly did when I screamed. Not only that but it was like they turned the intensity of their gaze up two notches, trying to burn holes into me. Then there was me; sitting there hugging my bag towards my chest in a complete defence position.

God knows what my mind was thinking at the time, it’s not like the dude was going to do some ninja tricks on me, SO WHY THE REACTION? Brain, body…why don’t you two co-operate with each other?!

Fortunately, the stares were shared this time, because the lovely person who had greeted me also screamed when I screamed.

“Aaaahhh! Umma-ah!” And he screamed more like a girl than I did, if I may add. (It comforts me.)

 

Instincts; don’t you just love them?

 

Both of us were trying to catch our breaths from all the shock earlier before breaking down into hysterics.

Within the first three minutes of meeting each other, we were already enjoying each other’s company. Other people didn’t seem to matter anymore as we were in our own little world; like two idiots.

“Hi there, my name is Byun Baekhyun,” he said once he finally calmed down a little.

However, his introduction caused me to laugh even more. This time, he too eyed me awkwardly and I had to bite my bottom lip in order to control myself; seeing how it was kind of rude of me to laugh at his name.

“Hi, bacon.” I smiled shyly, attempting to control my desire to giggle again.

“Bacon? No, it’s Bae-ik-hi-yun.”

“Bay-con.” I really did try to pronounce his name accurately, but I really didn’t see the difference. Coming from a different country didn’t help either.

He gave a weary sigh. “Guess it can’t be helped. You’re not from around here are you?”

‘Was I THAT obvious? Was I THAT noticeable? I’m Korean too! Why?!’ I asked myself, feeling my insides burn.

“I’m sorry.” I felt guilty for making fun of him, but somehow I got the impression that he didn’t mind it that much. “I came back from UK. I’m not good in Korean.”

“That explains it.” He gave an understanding nod. “You have an accent. So what’s your name then?”

“Seo Su Ji.” He almost spat at me after hearing my name, causing me to glare at him. I wasn’t angry though, seeing how genuine his smile was. It was cute.

“S-Seo si ji, (A/N: sausage in Korean pronunciation) and you were joking with my name?!”

“It’s not sausage! It’s Seo SOO Ji.” I tried to correct him.

“Sausage.” He smiled, ruffling my hair in the process. “Think we’re going to be great friends. I mean, bacon and sausage! We’re epic!”

I laughed at the thought. What were the chances? Bacon and sausage; must be more difficult than meeting a soul mate.

 

-

 

As it turned out, I was in the same class as him.

Then…Bacon and sausage in a class turned into bacon and sausage in a pan. You must be thinking: how did that happen?

 

-

 

Though Bacon, Baekhyun is an extremely friendly person, and we instantly became best friends as though we were friends from day dot(mainly due to our awesome names), I had problems getting along with his friends. Most of them…didn’t seem to enjoy my company.

Admittedly, I was slightly slow and ‘not quite with it’, but Baekhyun didn’t seem to have a problem with it, so I didn’t see why I was so unpopular with them.

Though I saw no wrongs on my part, I felt extremely guilty for separating him from his friends. I felt like I literally intruded their lives. (Though I always pictured boys to be less petty…it wasn’t always the case, certainly not in this one.)

One day, his friends and I talked in the school basement about the ‘Baekhyun issue’, when suddenly the fire alarm went off. We all rolled our eyes, thinking it was just a false alarm, probably a practice drill.

That was until we saw the black smog seeping into the room. Instantly, they abandoned me.

At the time, I was literally like:

Shoot anonymous, anonymous.
Heartless, mindless. No one, who care about me T_T

Anyways…I too, tried to run out of the basement, but flames were destroying the ceiling and a large piece of it acted as an obstruction in front of me. The fire was everywhere causing my hands to burn every time I tried to move things over to create a pathway for my escape.

 

After fighting for several minutes with the mounting smoke and flames, I decided to just wait for a fireman to save me. All was useless since the carbon dioxide was suffocating me, draining all the energy I had. I couldn’t do anything else but wait to either get burnt or saved. As much as it pained me to admit, I was the typical ‘damsel in distress’. Come on, what would you have done? Spat on the fire and wished it’ll go out?

 

“Sausage!”                                                                                                

 

I remember forcing my eyes open. My vision blurred due to fatigue, but I was sure it was him. How he managed to get through was beyond me.

“You…shouldn’t b-be here.” I told him, slightly confused with his presence. Surly they wouldn’t allow him into the building.

“Ya! I can’t leave my friend in a fire! We’re bacon and sausage, if one gets burnt, so will the other.”

Oh, I could’ve melted in his arms.You thought I would’ve appreciated him saving me, right? Nope.

I cringed like I never did in my 16 years worth of living. Baekhyun is really like a piece of bacon, full of grease. Not to mention, I wanted to smack him. If only I had the energy. No matter how good friends we were, one should not risk their life for another! It…just shouldn’t happen. Has he…lost his mind?!

I lost my mind
And I bumped my head again
Oh, what do I do? Everything gets in slow motion.
Bacon and sausage is in the pan, frying like no other can.

(I love making fun of ‘What Is Love’ ^^ I think this version suits him A LOT better~)

Hastily, he placed my arm around his shoulder before guiding me out the building.

“The firemen are here. The paths are clearing, everything will be okay.” Even in times like that, he grinned angelically at me. ‘Idiot’, I called him. It was official; he was an ‘idiotic piece of bacon that lost his mind’.

 

-

 

Like bacon and sausage in a pan, if one falls, so does the other.

 

-

 

There was this one time, when being the clumsy me; I tripped on a flat surface. Now, in fairytales and typical dramas, the ‘prince’ in the story would be the first to help the girl who fell. Well, Baekhyun was no prince. He was a piece of greasy bacon. He didn’t even lend me a helping hand. Instead he continued to walk arrogantly whilst sniggering at my fall.

“You’re such a klutz.” He teased me, but his laughter didn’t last for long because his foot got caught in my bag strap, (muhahah! My bag is like me, so evil) so he went frying flying like bacon would.

“If sausage falls, so will bacon!” I remarked proudly. “Because we’re bacon and sausage in a pan!”

He pouted childishly at me before brushing the dirt off his uniform.

“I think I developed a sausage condition.” He sighed dramatically whilst he held a hand on his forehead. “What am I going to do?”

“Be nicer to sausage. Or otherwise your condition would be fatal.” I played along, mimicking a tone of a doctor, causing us both to be in hysterics.

 

-

 

When we were together, everything was bacon and sausage! For instance, there was this one time where we decided to have breakfast just before we went to school, so we entered a local café.

Guess what we ordered.

I wanted ‘bacon and eggs’ whilst he asked for ‘sausage and eggs.’ (A/N: Are you two both having an affair with Chanyeol O-o?)

We ate merrily and even took photos of us eating our breakfast because we were sad, crazy people. We were…obsessive over our names.

 

Then there were the kittens I got for my seventeen birthday. Baekhyun came around and started to play with them.

 

“Have they got names yet?” Baekhyun asked as he carried Mini-Sausage in his arms.

“That’s Mini-Sausage.” I pointed to the one he was holding. “Her fur looks like sausage.”

“Don’t tell me that one is Bacon Jr.”

“No! He’s Mini-Bacon!” I corrected him as I tickled the little kitten on the floor. “He looks like a healthy piece of bacon.”

“Right,” he eyed me strangely as though there was something mentally wrong with me. It was also then that I announced him as the father of my kittens, seeing how one of them was named after him.

 

-

 

Unfortunately, bacon and sausage only shared the same pan, and not the same fate. The chief has decided to separate us.

 

-

 

I had always treated Baekhyun as my best friend. He was the person I could always turn to. He was like…my ‘girlfriend’, due to his inner-diva. I believed that that was all we were: best friends, until another friend of mine asked me if we were dating.

It was like I was suddenly broken from a spell. It was something I never thought of. Even the term ‘dating’ didn’t seem familiar to me. So…I decided to ask him.

“What is ‘dating’?” I questioned, sounding like the typical foreigner that I was. He glanced at me blankly, rubbing his chin to show that he was in deep thought.

“Well, ‘dating’, is a term they use in history to recall the list of events in a chronological order.”

Really? Was he mocking me? Did I look that stupid?! Bacon, READ THE SIGNS!

“Ah, really? So…are we…dating?”

“That wouldn’t make sense. There’s nothing for us to date, since neither of us is studying history.” He continued to feign innocence, causing me to hit him with the sofa’s pillow. “Okay! I get it!” He raised his arms in defence. “Dating is when a boy and girl fall in loves and goes out to have fun.”

“We always go out to have fun,” I mumbled to myself. “Then, are we dating?”

“That depends. Are we in love?”

“How am I supposed to know? You tell me. If I knew I wouldn’t have to ask you!”

“If you don’t know, then I wouldn’t either.” The radiant smile that he always had fixed on his face seemed to have lost its ability to glow.

For a brief moment, I saw something was troubling him. He was fidgety, as he played with his fingers. So I decided to change the topic.

“What have you got planned after we leave school?” There were always so many things we talk about, but our ambitions and future plans were never mentioned in any of our conversations.

“I want to be an idol. I got into a talent agency recently.”

“And…you never told me?!” I was…shocked. It was so big, yet he didn’t even mention it. I didn’t even know he liked singing. Though his obsession with SNSD were always obvious, because every time we listen to their music or when we talk about them he would always have that silly smile on; the typical fan boy smile.

“Nothing’s for certain. I’m going to be a trainee first.” Was he planning on telling me after he debuted? I had not a clue.

“Good for you.” I told him, giving him a pat on the back. “Good for you.” Inside, I was boiling. How dare he?! Friends?! Really?!  Why, did he think he can just go to SNSD and abandon me here?! Is he trying to replace me with pretty idols? Is it because I wasn’t pretty enough? Was it because of sausage condition?!  Oh my god, was he actually angry about the whole ‘Baekhyun = Bacon’ thing?

There were so many questions I wanted to ask him, but I decided to keep my mouth shut. I lost confidence in our friendship. I was a little scared that if I didn’t watch my words, I would lose a great friend.

For the first time I thought of him as being ambitious. I saw a different side of him. He seemed mature and all grown up. He had everything planned for his future whilst I was just sitting there hopelessly. That was when I realised…the days of bacon and sausage wouldn’t last for long.

He was going to be an idol soon. Busy with his work and occupied with satisfying fans. Me? I was an idiot to not notice how great he was. I was foolish for not being able to tell him that I finally realise that it was love. Then again, what use would it do? I didn’t want him to change his career path because of me.

 

Not long after the day of our conversation, he left to live closer to the company.

 

“You…won’t forget me, right?” I asked on the phone. We didn’t want to say our last goodbyes face to face, since we wanted to remember each other’s smile rather than tears.

“Is that possible? You SCREAMED at me when we first met.” He cackled cheekily.

“Tell SHINee, I love them.”

“Stop using me as your messenger! I’m going there to work.”

“It’s not like you’re not going to tell SNSD how much you adore and worship them.”

“How do you know you love SHINee, but you don’t know if you love me?”

“How can sausage not love bacon? Ridiculous.”

Don’t see through me. Don’t tell me now. Don’t.

“Bacon loves sausage too.” I felt butterflies in my stomach. I was…really happy to hear it; so happy that I ended up smiling so wide that my jaw began to hurt. Being told that someone loved you was a delightful feeling. “You’ve got to be my number one fan, okay? I want you to be there in every concert, fan sign and other events. You need to buy all my CDs, posters and magazines.”

“Are you…TRYING TO MAKE MONEY FROM ME?! What am I? Made of gold?!””

“Bacon will work harder knowing sausage likes it. You have to support me, got it?”

 

-

 

So, that was the story of bacon and sausage.

I did as I was told and supported him since the very moment he debuted. We lost in touch, like how many others do when they’re separated.

He’d forgotten our story. Could I blame him, though? He must’ve had a lot in his mind.

 

“Sausage.” I told him when he asked for my name. Then, I heard a small chuckle escape from his lips. ‘Bun Bacon, you are so dead!’ I thought to myself, finally realising that he was teasing me all along.

“You really thought I’d forgotten you, right?” he beamed playfully. “You were fooled, right?”

“Ya!” I spoke between my teeth, in order to not raise any suspicion from the fans behind me.

“You bought the kids too, huh?”

“Of course! It’s their daddy’s birthday. Happy birthday.”

His classic eye smile appeared which naturally made me grin.

“Wait by the side; I’ll come get you once the fan sign is over. We’re having cake afterwards.”

“I’m staying?”

“Of course you are. Don’t you have a present to give me?”

“Ah, right.” That’s right…I forgot that I had to get him a present. I was…too excited about today. “But…aren’t we your present?” I looked at him with my failed attempt of puppy eyes.

He simply sighed. “Fine. It’s not like I could expect anything from you. You’re so forgetful! But you’ve got to make up for it though!” (It's okay, he doesn't really mean it.)

 

-

Through him, I got to meet all of EXO K members. We all became great friends.

-

 

“I didn’t invite you here so you can drool over the members!” Baekhyun yelled at me with his ‘angry’ tone.

“But this guy is so handsome! Sehun-ah, tell noona, how old are you?” I sat next to Sehun, playing with his hair like he was some kind of doll.

“Sehun doesn’t like that! Move over, you erted sausage.”

“Better than being greasy bacon!”

Then, everyone else in the room began to laugh.

“Bacon and sausage,” Kai chuckled. “You two are too cute.”

We glanced at each other, realising how much we had missed our ‘Bacon & Sausage’ days. It was just like the old times.

 

Even if it wasn’t love, it was fine, because we were both comfortable and happy with each other.

 

THE END

 

Oh, and of course I shared my brilliant version of EXO’s What Is Love which ended up making D.O.’s mouth dangle open throughout. He must’ve been AMAZED by my talent. 

 



 

 

Author's Note: This...is the most random thing I've ever written. I don't think I can classify this as 'comedy' anymore =___= Please excuse myself of my terrible humor. 

I'M SO SORRY!

But yeah, shall I just stick to writing depressing stories, or do you guys like this type of gibberish from me? Please let me know! Comment? 

I'm also very sorry for the length of this one shot. I never intended for this to be THIS long T_T

Thanks for subscribing and commenting~ I love you guys!

And I hope Baekhyun had an AMAZING birthday :D!

His laugh is contagious xD warning! :P

//ShadowYin