Chapter 1 - The Meeting

What?! I Won A Contest to Live With EXO?!

**Love This Picture**
**Lovin' this pic**

 

I was panicking big time which didn't help the fact that I hadn't slept or ate in days.  Earlier I had looked at my reflexion in the airport restroom.  Despite my best attempts at looking pretty today, no amount of makeup or pretty clothes could hide the fact that I was a psychotic mess.  I stared at the plain door in front of me, pressing my hand against my heart, willing it to stop sputtering in my chest.  I took a quick glance behind me.  There were three cameras following my every move.

Dear god... please don't look like an idiot on public television!  I thought to myself.

I took a deep breath and gave myself a quick mental boost of confidence.  I had won the contest to move in with EXO-M for the next month.  Fellow EXOtics would *kill* to be in my shoes.  Not to mention I felt like I was in a way representing their entire fan base.  I guess you could say, I felt a sense of duty.  I brushed my hands over my slightly wrinkled off-the-shoulder t-shirt and denim jeans.  My wavy brown hair fell below my ears framing my face.  For some reason I had always prefered the "beachy" look and it suited my simple personality.  Besides, it wasn't like I was going on a date or anything.

Shakily, I brought my hand up and knocked on the door softly.  Silence.  Nothing.  I exhaled the breath I had been holding in and knocked a bit harder.  I heard some shuffling and whispers on the other side of the door before it opened slowly, revealing the six handsome boys I was all too familiar with.

Lay, Tao, Chen, Xiu Min, Luhan, and... Kris.

The leader stood directly in front of me, looking down at what I'm sure was a priceless expression.  I saw the slightest hint of a smile before he spoke politely in English.

"Hi. Nice to meet you.  I'm the leader Kris, please come in!" he said while motioning for me to enter and bowing slightly.

I attempted a quick bow as I shuffled in nervously, but met resistance when my rolling luggage got caught at the bottom of the door frame.

"Let me help you with that," he responded while reaching around me to grab my luggage.

Our hands briefly brushed against one another and I withdrew quickly, trying my best to hide the slight pink color that was tinting my cheeks.

The other members pushed around each other to make room for my entrance.  I took in my surroundings.  Their dorm was surprisingly neat, which was unexpected.  With six guys living together, I expected something a bit more... typical?  The walls were white but the area was very open.  You could see directly from the living area into the kitchen.  Everything was simple, fresh, and modern like something straight out of an Ikea book.  I smiled to myself when I realized that the place smelled homely.  I caught a mixture of air freshener, fabric, and what was probably the remnants of their breakfast several hours ago.  I felt sort of bad like I was invading their personal space, but the EXOtic in me wanted to take in every detail and memorize it by heart.

Kris put my luggage beside the gray sofa and signaled the other members to line up.  Oh I knew what was coming.

Here it comes!

They went through their characteristic introductions and bowed deeply.  The custom was foreign to me, but I found it to be wonderful none-the-less.  I had learned Mandarin a couple of years ago, but was nervous to use it around them.  What if I pronounced something incorrectly?  Despite that, I really wanted to show the effort.  So I introduced myself in Mandarin and Korean (for Chen and Xiu Min), and bowed deeply.  They were surprised at my introduction.

"Wow!  You're pronunciation is really good!" exclaimed Luhan, causing me to blush deeply.

"Thank you," I replied quietly.

"Did you study abroad?" asked Chen with his never-ending smile.

"No.  I taught myself."

"Whoa!  Amazing!" said Xiu Min.

"Thank you," I replied as I bowed in appreciation.

"Kris, should we show her to her room?" asked Lay while motioning towards the hallway.

The charismatic leader answered by grabbing my luggage and leading me to my new room.  I was extremely nervous walking next to him.  Pictures couldn't do justice for him.  Everything about him was perfect.  He was tall with a strong physique, accompanied by a flawless complexion, and the atmosphere of an individual that liked to take charge.  No wonder he was my bias.  Secretly, I was gushing like a fan girl on the inside.  He opened a door at the end of the hall for me, revealing a plain room with a closet, dresser, and twin sized bed.

"Luhan was generous enough to give you his room since he's the only one that sleeps by himself," explained Kris.

I turned to Luhan and bowed deeply.

"Thank you so much!  I hope it won't be too much trouble for you!"

"It's okay.  I don't mind," he replied while smiling brightly.

Ahhh!  He's so cute!  I think my heart just melted into a pile of goo.

"Just don't kick me in the middle of your sleep," pouted Tao.

Apparently, he was going to have to share a bed with Luhan.  I smiled apologetically as Lay ruffled Tao's hair playfully.  I was startled when I saw a camera peaking in through the door.

This will take some getting used to.

There was an awkward silence before Kris cleared his throat.

"Well... why don't we let Rylie get settled," he suggested.

The other members understood that it was intended as an order and followed his lead.  Finally, I was left in the room by myself and one camera.

"Okay... here we go!" I piped as I started unpacking my things.

I tried my best to be talkative and playful.  This program was for EXO, so I had to try my very best!  Thankfully, I was smart enough to remember the "camera thing" ahead of time and packed my underwear in a seperate bag.  As I finished getting settled into my new home, I had to endure a mini interview from the staff.

What was your first impression?  (I gave a typical fan girl response... minus the screams)
Are you nervous?  (I was so nervous in the beginning that I thought I was going to die!)
What do you think about staying in Luhan's room?  (I feel bad that he had to give up his room for me, but I'm very grateful!)
What do you think the future will hold?  (I hope we can to do lots of fun stuff together and I can see a live performance.)
Do you have anything to say to your fellow EXOtics?  (I'll do my best!  Fighting!)

I tried my best to answer each question to the best of my ability, despite being nervous and very uncomfortable.  After a few more questions, they rapped up my interview and I joined everybody in the living area.

"So!  What's our agenda for today?" I asked excitedly.

"Truth or Dare game!" exclaimed one of the staff members.

I swollowed the lump in my throat.  Truth or Dare already?!  I wasn't sure if my heart could withstand the EXO-Overload!