The Girls [Second Batch]

SM Camp [Hiatus]

fear [feer] -noun-A distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.


"I hate you Literature. I hate you Literature. I hate you Literature. AAH I HATE LITERATURE!!!" Yesung poked the fuming Ryeowook tentatively as the younger boy searched fervently in his school bag for his literature book. The bell signaling the start of second period had not rung yet, which meant that he still had time to look for his book.

"Wook-ah, don't search anymore! I'm pretty sure you forgot to bring your book to school .... Either that, or Ddangkoma ate it." Yesung stated perfectly seriously. Ryeowook gave the older boy a strange look, before sighing and heeding his friend's advice.  

"Aw, don't look so down! Let's talk about something interesting instead ... Like turtles! And sausages." Yesung chirped brightly, his arm resting on the spine of the very same literature book Ryeowook had forgotten to bring. Ryeowook nearly facepalmed himself for not bringing such an important item on the first day of the third term of school.

"Hey, where's Min?" Ryeowook asked Yesung out of the blue, realizing that the boy wasn't in the classroom yet. Yesung shrugged. "Ah, there he is! SUNGMIN!" Yesung yelled from the back of the classroom to a boy just entering the entrance of the classroom, drawing a few stares from some other students.

"Aish, hyung..." Ryeowook signed inwardly at his friend's strange antics.

Sungmin brightened seeing his friends, and raced over to slide into his seat next to them just as the teacher, Ms. Lee walked in. "Alright, class, turn to page 41 of your literature book. I trust everyone should have brought theirs." Ms Lee announced unsmilingly. Ryeowook's heart plummeted.

Sungmin, seeing his friend's glum face, immediately reached into his bag to pull out an extra copy of the book. "Take mine! I borrowed my brother's book, so don't worry about me not having one." The boy grinned happily, ing his extra copy at Ryeowook.

"What the hell? You actually carry around extra copies of literature books?!?! But thanks anyway, Min," Ryeowook exclaimed, half-grateful, half-shocked. Flipping the book open randomly, Ryeowook noticed a page different from the others. Instead of a nice and clean column on the side of the text, there were some words written in the column. They looked like ... names?

"Hey, Min, what're these?" Ryeowook whispered to Sungmin as discreetly as he could without the fierce Ms. Lee noticing. "Those? Oh, they're the girls who have been selected for SM Camp. I thought I'd just do some research on them in the school library later to know more about who we'll be camping with," Sungmin answered, blushing slightly. Ryeowook nodded in understanding.

"So, what do we have here? Hwang Rinri and Jang Minji, right? Kyuhyun told me about them already." Ryeowook said, cocking his head slightly to try and make out the nearly illegible scrawls of names on the paperback.The slightly older boy nodded, squinting at what he himself had previously written on the book.

"I didn't know my handwriting was this illegible...," Sungmin muttered darkly, trying to at least make out some family names. "Um, this is 'Lee Jan Eul', right? I can't really, uh, see..." Ryeowook pointed at the top name.

"Oh, yes! I remember writing that name! Yeah, Lee Jan Eul. She's Korean-Chinese, I think." Sungmin snapped his fingers. Ryeowook rolled his eyes, nearly wanting to strangle his friend for being so blur.

"And this? This is 'Ellianna Oh Soomin', right? I mean, it's written in the Roman alphabet, so..." Ryeowook pointed out, still pretending to be reading his literature book obediently. Sungmin nodded in confirmation. "Ah yes, you should know her, Wookie. She's in the JSC [Junior Student Council] as well." He replied. Ryeowook somewhat recalled a girl with the surname 'Oh' in the JSC as well, who was always wearing different combinations of hoodies and shorts.

"Yup," Ryeowook replied, popping the 'p' as Ms. Lee continued to drone on about foreshadowing and whatnot. "Man, I'm hungry..." Yesung randomly stated, rubbing his stomach.

"The only class you pay attention to is music, anyway." Ryeowook replied. "So, what's this name?" He pointed at yet another messily scribbled name, his attempt at making out what it read proving futile.

"Kwon Seung Mi," The pink-loving boy replied matter-of-factly. "The pianist, violinist, tennis player, swimmer, gymnast, etc." Yesung and Ryeowook's mouths dropped open at the mention of the multi-talented girl. "I hope she's not a singer too..." Yesung muttered, faintly humming some random song Ryeowook couldn't recognise. A self-composition, maybe?

One thing was for sure. SM Camp was about to get even more interesting.


I at this. Dx Thought this chapter should be a little more, uhm, normal to prevent scaring more people? Heh. Not that I think my writing is good enough to scare people D; -Kelseyyyyy ~