Strawberry

мυℓтι-ƒℓανσυяє∂ ι¢є ¢яєαм | нσση | υ-кιѕѕ

 

The door bell rang and Jaesop rushed to open it. As he did it, a jumpy Minho appeared.

"Happy birthday, uncle Jaesop!" He said, jumping to his arms.

"Wow, look at what we've got here! Hey, buddy, thanks!" Jaesop put Minho down and ruffled his black hair. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine. Me and daddy got something for you. Here." Minho handed Jaesop a box wrapped in blue paper with a golden strip. "I chose it."

"Now, I'm curious. Let's see what we've got here..." He 

"We think it will suit you really well." Hoon nodded and pulled Minho closer to him, by the shoulders.

For Jaesop's surprise, his kind dongsaeng and son gave him a pair of black boxers with white kitties. He looked at the two, standing in front of them, with a serious look on his face.

"You like it, uncle Jaesop?" Minho asked him in the most innocent way.

Jaesop's expressions soften in a second and a cat alike smile formed on his lips.

"I love it, buddy. Thank you. Now, I think there's cake on the living room, this if your uncle Dongho didn't eat it already." Jaesop chuckled. "You better run!"

"Yah, uncle Dongho!!! Don't eat my cake!" Minho ran at speed of light to the living room, kicking Dongho to the floor. "Save some for me and for daddy, uncle Hamster!"

Hoon and Jaesop laughed at Minho's fierceness towards Dongho, as they headed to the living room, where the other U-Kiss members were.

"Hoon hyung, control your child! He kicked me in the !" Dongho rubbed his . "Where did he learn to kick people so hard?" He whispered.

"It wasn't me who was eating all the cake, so I don't have nothing to do with it." Hoon sat on the couch, next to Soohyun and engrossed in a conversation about his music.

Minho, on the other hand, sat next to Eli and Kevin, who were talking about dinosaurs (I've no idea why were they talking about it...), eating his cake.

"Is it good, Minho-ah?" Eli asked, pinching one of his cheeks, softly. "I made it."

"It is, uncle Eli. It's delicious! Can you teach daddy to bake a cake, too? Last time we tried to bake something, the fireman had to come."

Hoon could feel all the eyes on him, so he stop talking with Soohyun for a while and looked at everyone else in the room.

"What? It was my first time and first times are always the hardest ones."

"Yah, don't talk like that in front of your child! He may take it to the wrong side, hyung!" Kevin covered Minho's ears.

"What wrong side? He doesn't have age to know about that stuff, Kevin." Hoon rolled his eyes and talked to Soohyun again.

"Uncle Eli." Minho pulled Eli's sleeve.

"Yes?"

"Can I talk to you?"

"Of course." Eli smiled and glanced at Hoon quickly. He and Minho went to the dark corridor. "What do you want to talk, kiddo?"

"I just wanted to ask you something. Do you miss your mommy, uncle Eli?"

Eli was taken back with the sudden ask. 

"W-Why do you ask?"

"Because, you live far away from your mommy. Maybe, you miss her, no?" Minho tilted his head to the side.

"Hm...yes, I miss my mommy. But, I've my friends here, right?" A soft smile appeared on Eli's lips. "Why do you ask?"

"I was just curious."

"Just curious? Really? You can't fool the pigeon." He winked at the child and tickled him a little bit. "Do you miss your mommy, Minho-ah?"

Minho stand there, thinking in a good answer, and finally shrug his shoulders.

"I don't know. I never knew mommy."

Eli felt his heart heavy. He felt bad for the kid in front of him. The feeling of growing up without a mother was unknown for him, but the child right in front of him was doing fine, he thought. Hoon was doing a great job as a father.

On the living room's door frame, Hoon heard their conversation and all he could do was feeling like it was his fault.