Key

Key

 

Chapter 2

                                    Key’s P.O.V

                           I sat there more than two hours just swinging back and forth, not even bothering to wipe away my tears. What is this supposed to mean? The voice said this place made me happy, but I don’t get it. How can something I don’t remember make me happy? I sighed and kicked some of the dirt. I smiled as a small purple flower was uncovered as the dust swept away.

“Why are you all the way over here? You should be with the rest of the flowers over…..” My voice trailed off as I looked back in front of me and saw nothing but dirt and very little grass. “Wait, I saw flowers, I know I did.” I put my hand to my head and griped my other around the cold metal bars. I wonder how the flowers got hidden under the dirt like this. What if there were never any flowers to begin with? I groan as a headache started to form. I’m so confused!

“Key, Key!” I stand up hearing Jonghyun call out to me. I put my hands around my mouth to make my voice louder, completely forgetting about the flowers and my headache, as if they disappeared.

“Yeobo, I’m over here!” I see him running to me with Onew behind him. He embraces me and I can’t help but cling to him, putting my hands on his chest. “Don’t leave me.” He pulled me closer and tightened his grip.

“I won’t.”

“Umma!!” My head shoots up and Jonghyun lets go of me after we kiss.

“Come here Taeminnie!” I embrace my little baby tightly who was babbling about something I couldn’t understand. “You do realize I have no idea what you’re saying right?” He laughed shaking his head, but still held on tightly. Jonghyun came up behind me placing his hand on my shoulder.

“Come on you two, let’s head back.” Onew called hunched over and out of breath. Taemin ran to Minho who ruffled his hair as Jonghyun grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek. I clung to his arm as we walked back to the train station.

“You came all the way here just for me?” He nodded kissing my head sweetly. I laughed holding onto him tighter. “Was all five of you coming necessary? Taemin should be in bed by now and if anything Minho should be with him.” He stopped giving me a weird look before we started walking again. “What, my babies need their rest.” He smiled, but didn’t say anything. “Are you going to say something or are you just going to listen to me?”

“Sorry Key. I guess I’m just glad I’m with you again, but why would you come all the way here in the first place?” I pulled out the two papers not bothering to open them since I’ve already showed them to him. In fact, he’s the only member that knows. He nodded his head not saying anything. We walked back until we were on the train. Taemin sat next to my right then Minho then Onew and to my left I had Jonghyun. Half way through Taemin and Minho started falling asleep on each other. It was really cute I just had to take a pic of them. I leaned closer to Jonghyun as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“If only you came alone we could be on a date. Not sleeping 2min and a weird Onew who won’t stop texting.” We both looked him. “Who is he texting anyway?”

“I have no idea.” He shook his head before resting it on my shoulder. I laughed softly removing his hand and entwined it with mine. “I guess this isn’t so bad.”

“What isn’t?” I move my head forward looking at his cute face.

“Getting around by a train instead of some 1st class plane or a limo, to be honest I like this better.”

“It is nicer and calmer.” He lifted his head and grabbed my chin with his other hand. He leaned in placing a gentle kiss on my lips. I push him away remembering something. “I have to tell you something, it has to do with the letter.” He moves the arm that was around my shoulder and rested his hand on my thigh. I smile at the gently action. “When I first called you it was raining and I was on a street with other people, but as I started to notice my surroundings and the sun had went down. There weren’t buildings anymore, there were flowers in various colors and there were crickets I started humming a song and I eventually hung up on you because you and Taemin were bickering-”

“Key you never hung up on me. I said bye and you replied with okay. Me and Taemin didn’t bicker at all. Key, are you sure you heard us bickering or was it someone else?”

“I-I don’t know.” I thought for a moment then dismissed it and continued. “After a while I started noticing that everything changed. I was pulled from thought when I heard grandmother call my name. I started running in her direction or where I thought the voice was coming from and I came upon the swing set. I yelled but she only said that the place would make me happy. I sat down on one of the swings and started crying. After about two hours just sitting there I kicked some of the dirt and it uncovered a small purple flower. I asked myself why is it all the way over here hidden under dirt, only then did I look back at the filed in front of me and saw nothing but dirt and very little bunches of grass. I started thinking about it more and remember for a fact that I saw flowers so why when I looked back up there was nothing. I kept asking myself questions but soon dropped the whole thing because I could feel a headache forming. I heard your voice call to me and it was like everything else was blocked and the only thing I could really focus on was your voice.” I got a little worried since Jonghyun hadn’t said anything, or did he move. I was a little relieved when he kissed my cheek.

“Let’s thing for a bit; you said you yelling, you say flowers and it is night, so let’s say that you were fed up with the way your parents treated you so you decided to run away, stumbled upon that place back when there were flowers everywhere. That’s why in your mind you saw what you did, but it reality you were seeing something you saw when you were younger.” I thought for a while before just shaking my head and leaning into Jonghyuns touch. I’ll deal with it when I wake up.

End of Chapter 2