Key

Key

Chapter 1

 

            Key’s P.O.V

I walked down the empty street not going anywhere particular. I grabbed the note my grandmother left me along with a short poem attached. I guess I should have never told her how much I loved solving jigsaws. That’s all this mess is. I wonder if there is really something she wants me to find or if it’s payback for being so rebellious. I sigh kicking a can as I shake my head. No, it can’t be that, she would never do something like that…I just don’t get it. I glance across the street at some high school girls staring at me. I shake my head, stopping and looking up at the clouded sky. I close my eyes feeling small droplets hit my face. I smile pulling out my phone, still looking up knowing exactly were the buttons on my phone are.

“Yeobseyo.” I smile to myself.

“Fast as usual I see.”

“Key, where are you cutie?” I can hear him smiling as he spoke. “It’s raining, do you need to get picked up.”

“Yes please, Jjongie.”

“Okay, I’m on my way cutie, just tell me where you are.”

“Don’t know…..I might have taken a small journey back to Daegu. I’m not really sure, I’ve never been here.”

“Cutie, it’ll take longer than an hour to get there.”

“I’ll just wait at the train station.”

“Key, what if something happens? Like you said you’ve never been there so, you don’t know how dangerous it is.” I chuckle at the Dino.

“Don’t worry: it doesn’t look like someone’s been murdered here so calm down. It actually looks really pretty.” I hear Roo bark and giggles. “Was that Taemin or a high school girl?” Jonghyun busted out laughing.

“No, no, it’s….it’s Taemin. He’s just being really womanly right now.” In the back ground Taemin is denying the fact that he’s a woman. I laugh hearing them argue as I start walking. I wonder why grandmother never showed me this part of Daegu. It looks so pretty even though the sun already went down. I look up in the sky staring at the beautiful full moon and the stars around it. The crickets chirping softly as I walk down the side walk filled with beautiful flowers with too many colors to count on the sides. I hum Baby Don’t Cry by Daesung as I continue to walk eventually hanging up the phone since Jonghyun and Taemins bickering was ruining the beautiful peace that was pulling me in. Even though I don’t know what lies within the darkness I continue walking not looking back. I stop looking around, what happened to the other people walking in front of me? It was just like suddenly they just all disappeared like when you’re dreaming then all of a sudden the scenery changes and you’re somewhere different. Even the rain suddenly stopped and the clouds were gone, it wasn’t even day anymore. Why did it all change suddenly? It doesn’t make any sense. I stop again hearing someone calling out my real name.

“H-hello? Is anyone there?” I a distant figure out to my right in the grass field, the voice sounds so familiar, but I can’t put my finger on who it is.

“Kibum, come here, this way will lead you to the place that always made you happy.” It kind of sounds like my…….my grandmother, but she died, I couldn’t help but run to in her direction.

‘Grandmother, where are you?” I yelled out to nothing.

“Come here, and you will know.” Know what, I ask myself. I keep running eventually coming to a small deserted swing set. It was rusty and one out of the six was broken.

“I don’t understand what this is supposed to mean. I don’t understand…….Grandmother! Where are you? Grandmother………I don’t understand anything anymore.” I step to one and gently sit on it feeling tears build up and my throat go dry. Someone, please help, anyone. I want to understand, but I just can’t. Well, not like I used too.

 

 

End of Chapter 1