Misophonia

Nameless Story

 

Author's Notes. I’m too lazy to update but Arie’s impatient and making me update.  - Elyse 

- - - - -

 Chapter Three – Misophonia

The rest of my classes were fine. No one talked to me, though I just received some stares from people. What interests me though was that blonde emotionless guy. There was something about him that just stands out to me. He’s like a lost child who went through a lot of sadness and pain. I can feel it from past his cold eyes. I wonder what happened to him.

My next class was… not really a class. It was lunch. I peeked through the lunch room and the first thing I saw was two guys beating the crap out of each other. I gulped and took a step back. Maybe going to lunch is not a good idea. I turned around and walked as I think where to go. I wouldn’t dare to go anywhere which has people in it. Maybe the rooftop?

So I walked towards the staircase leading to the rooftop. I don’t think I’m allowed to go here but from what I’ve seen so far, teachers here basically don’t give a damn about anything. I slowly walked and opened the door leading to the rooftop as I felt the warm nice breeze through my face.

I breathe in and out, it felt nice. I started walking towards the edge of the rooftop when I felt something blocking my way. I looked down and saw two feet wearing a pair of pink shoes. A person? My eyes traveled from the person’s feet to the face as I realized it was the blonde guy from my math class this morning. His sleeping face is so peaceful yet so lonesome.

“What are you staring at?” he spooked out with his eyes close. I blinked. I didn’t even realize that I was staring for that long. How did he know?

I gave no reply to him. He opened his eyes and sat up. He ruffled his hair and fixed his shirt. He grunts as I still gave no reply.

“Don’t you know that this is off limits?” he said coldly.

“You’re here” I reputed.

“Whatever” he said as he stood up and walk away from me as possible. As soon as he was away, he lies back down again and rests. Is the only thing he can do is sleep?

I paid no attention to him and turned around and look at the “scenery” in front of the school from the rooftop. The school looks horrible… there’s probably only one thing that was decent look and it was the cherry blossom tree in the middle of the school. It stands out the most because of its lovely carnation color being surrounded by dark gray canvas.

Another breeze blew past my face through my hair. But this time I didn’t like it. The soft sound of the wind bothered me. It was quiet in a bad way. I hated it. Even my own breathing bothered me. All the little sounds did. The aura of the place was just so corrupted.

I wonder how Minyoung is doing right now. Are you well? Did you make new friends? Are you working hard even if it’s the first day of school? Is your school fun? I want to ask her all these questions right now. I want to see her smile to make me feel better. I’m so lonely. Eomma and Appa are not here anymore and even if Minyoung is still alive, she’s so far away from me.

I hugged myself. A sudden pang of coldness ran through my body. I shivered as I felt a warm jacket being placed over my shoulders. I quickly turned around to see a guy whose bangs covered half of his face.

“Uhm…” I started.

“You looked cold so I’m lending you my jacket. Aren’t you lucky?” He gave me a smirk. A smirk that says “I’m good-looking and popular, you should be thankful that my jacket is touching you.” What a jerk.

“Thanks but… I don’t need it.” I gave him a glare and gave his jacket back. What a cocky person, this guy is. I don't want anything from him.

“What?” He looked shocked. He turns his face to the blonde guy who was still lying on the ground not far from us. “Can you believe this Ren?!”

So the blonde guy’s name is Ren… it suits him. I think. I took Japanese classes in the states and Ren means a very beautiful flower, or more likely a Lotus flower. This “Ren” guy stood up and walked towards us with the same expression as before, well… expressionless, because he doesn’t show any expression.

“Yah Hyung, just leave her alone.” Ren said as he touches the other guy’s shoulder.

The other guy shook Ren’s hand off his shoulder. The other guy intensely glared at me, as if I just wrecked his territory or something. Did I do something wrong?

“Listen here, newbie. The name’s JR and I rule this school. Just do whatever I say and we’ll get along nicely.”

JR? What kind of name is that? Is that an acronym for something? What are you, a superstar that you need an acronym for your name? I didn’t say anything but only gave him a stare similar to Ren’s expression. I raised an eyebrow. Is this a threat? It’s not like I’m going to like ruin his image in the school, if it does even matter. From what I see from today, this school is trash.

“Aishh.. this is so annoying..” he said to himself

I’m guessing I’m probably the first girl he met that pays little attention to him. But seriously, I don’t see anything special about him. If anything, the only person that caught my attention in this school is that Ren guy. There’s something about him that is so intriguing or maybe because he seems like a nice person to be friends with compared to this jerk here. 

I let out a small laugh. Don’t ask me why I’m laughing. Maybe it’s because of JR’s voice; such a cool look with such a funny sounding voice. But I never guess there are people like these in Korea. It’s different from where I lived in the United States. Everyone is friendly, no “I’m the ruler of this school”, no “Mr. Ice Prince”. These two people are very odd yet interesting.

“What’s so funny, huh?” JR said in a pissed voice while Ren finally changed his expression by raising one of his eyebrows. Mhm, so the Ice Prince, or more like the Ice Princess, have different expressions too huh?

Nothing, nothing” I said in English and walked away towards the door.

As I walked away, I can hear JR saying things to Ren like “What was that?” and “Can you believe that?” while Ren gave him no reply. I inwardly smile. The sound of the wind didn’t bother me anymore as it did last time. Maybe, just maybe… I won’t feel lonely anymore.

- - - - -

Misophonia, literally “hatred of sound,” is a form of decreased sound tolerance. It is a neurological disorder characterized by negative experiences resulting only from specific sounds, whether loud or soft.

x o x o 

I hope you liked this chapter ^^ ; I’m sorry if you think I’m going really slow but I don’t want to rush things. Please comment below on any suggestions or any questions regarding what’s happening and stuffs or I don’t know hehe. Thank you again! - Elyse