Overture

Nameless Story

Author's Notes. Hi, Arie is watching me while I’m typing this fanfic. CAN’T THINK WHEN SHE’S STARING. I FEEL THE PRESSURE. - Elyse ✿

I go to her house for food :D.

- - - - -

Chapter Two – Overture

We stepped out to the platform of the airplane. I took a breath as I held Minyoung’s hands.

“This is it Minyoung… We’re here…” I spoke softly.

Minyoung gave me a glare and grunts. I’m guessing she’s not in a good mood because of the flight. I mean, all she did was listen to depressing songs which make her mood gloomy. Isn’t she so smart?

“Well, we have to look for a place to stay before night falls. Kaja, Minyoung.” I dragged her along as she wobbles walking.

We got out the airport and took a cab to the nearest unpopulated town. We kept strolling around the town but almost all the apartments were full and there’s no room in the houses that are for rent. This is really a pain, it’s already afternoon. We decided to take a rest at the nearest park. Minyoung whined at me. I can only give her a sigh. We’ve been searching for hours but I guess our luck isn’t on our sides this time.

Minyoung went to the ice cream truck to buy some ice cream. I smiled. She’s so full of energy. We’re twin sisters of the same age but she thinks like a child. I decided to stroll around the park; it’s not that big so I hope Minyoung can find me later. There was a water fountain in the middle with silver dolphin sculptures next to it. It looks nice. There was a flyer next to one of the dolphin sculpture. I picked it up and read it. It was an advertisement for a house rental. The address that they provide wasn’t that far from here.  It won’t hurt to check this place out.  I went back where Minyoung is and told her that I found a place to stay.

-

We stared at the odd yet simple looking house. I rang the doorbell and an awkward guy with a dirty-blonde mohawk answered.  Woah, did we get the wrong house?

“You here for the house renting thing?” he spoke in Korean. I jumped a little; I totally forgot that most people in Korea don’t speak English.

“Ahh.. Nae..” I replied.

He clicked his tongue and told us to come inside his house. He told us the details and the rules and stuff. The house is a two family house so it’s split; one upstairs and one on the first floor. He told us to call his Baekho and that he’s the one living upstairs so we got the first floor of the house. The fee for the rent isn’t that much as I expect it to be. Actually, it’s a lot cheaper! Thank goodness, I don’t really have to go a lot of part time jobs then. Probably only one job is more than enough.

“Unnie, so we’re living here now?” Minyoung blurted out in English. This child, oh dear.

“Americans? And twins too! I must be lucky to have such nice ladies renting in my house” he smirked. Why is he smirking like that? “Welcome back to Korea.” he said in English and smiled at us.

“You can speak English?” Minyoung smiled.

Baekho asked if we wanted to hang out with him and talk upstairs. Minyoung agreed and I said that I would join later because I have to clean and organize our stuff. Besides… I don’t want Minyoung helping out anyway. She’s very clumsy on things and I’m afraid that things will go catastrophic.  She would only hurt herself.

I began to unpack our things as Minyoung went with Baekho upstairs. Baekho seems friendly and nice so I think him and my sister would get along very well. Plus, Baekho speaks and understands English. At least we already made a friend already in Korea.

-

Two days quickly pass by. We got a bit closer to Baekho, especially Minyoung. The day she came back from Baekho’s house, she’s been telling me the things that they’ve been talking about. She even started calling him “Baekho Oppa." I wouldn't be surprised if she told me that she's starting to like Baekho. But it would be a problem if they go out and broke up. Cause then, I'm sure that we would get kicked out of the house. 

Well, today is our first day of school. Minyoung and I have to go in different schools since well, I talked about this already. I didn’t really have to pack lunch; I’m not much of a cook so I wouldn’t even dare to cook something. Minyoung is too lazy to cook anyway. But since we’re living alone by ourselves now, might as well learn how to cook sooner or later.

“I wish I went to the same school as Baekho Oppa instead.” Minyoung mumbled.

I raised an eyebrow. At least she’s not trying to go to my school anymore. “Oh really now…” I replied.

She nodded. “Hmm... I’m starting to like him bit by bit…” I almost choked on the water I was trying to drink. What did she just say? Ugh. Whatever. I saw this coming. She’s liking him, yep, it’s true. As long as he won’t corrupt Minyoung’s head on dirty things or something, Unnie approves. What am I even thinking?

“Sure, sure Minyoung. Do you know how to get to your school?” I asked.

It’s not that far from the house. In fact, the school that I’m going to attend is further from our house. She nodded and we left our new house. We bid our goodbyes as we parted ways. As I walk to my new school, I noticed that the area starting to look like a “hood” like what they call it back there in America. It’s usually an area where all the thugs and gangsters live. It’s scary but I have no other choice but to go here.

I arrived at the main entrance and my first impression of the school is not so good… There was graffiti in almost every single space on the wall and some trash scattered on the floor. The air feels odd and the atmosphere gave out a dangerous aura. I do not like this one bit.

I gulped as I took another step forward. I’m basically walking towards my death, I can feel it.

I went to the main office and they gave me my schedule and a list of things I need to know. I didn’t have to pay for the school since the government pays for it in my case since this school didn’t really have high standards.

I went to my first class which was an advanced math class. It seems like the teacher has a hard time teaching the class. The students weren’t paying attention to her as well. Is there such a future for students in this school? The teacher gave up and just told me to introduce myself real quick and take a seat. No one was still paying attention. I didn’t like it. I don’t want to introduce myself when no one is listening.

I coughed really loud and they all looked at me. “Park Minhee.” I boldly said in a cold way.

They didn’t reply back, but I only got nods from some people. I inwardly sigh. I really don’t like this school. I skimmed through the rows to find only one vacant seat. I walked towards the vacant seat and took a seat. I quickly glance to my right to see who the lucky person is sitting next to me. Oh yay. She looks so friendly, she’s wearing all these revealing clothes and right now she’s putting on an abundant amount of make-up on her face. So lovely. Ugh. I know, I don’t appreciate my sarcasm either but whatever.

On my left is a… guy? He has light blonde hair which was tied up in a ponytail. He really looks like a very pretty girl but I can tell that he’s a guy. He’s quite wonderful, to be honest… Mhm, he’s like a pretty boy; a very beautiful man. He caught me looking at me and our eyes met for like the longest time ever. His face didn’t change; it stayed serious and cool as ever. He didn’t say anything and just went back to staring into space. What was that all about? The people here in this school aren’t really friendly… this school year will surely be lonely.

- - - - -

Ren Ren Ren Ren Ren ~ ~ I wish you smile and laugh more. Ugh, but your cool character is just so freaking attractive.