Of Romances And Rampages

A Little Cyborgic

Billiard balls tapped on the table, bumped into each other and tried to find their way into pockets. It was noon, patients were allowed to spend some time in a room which had different games to play. Chanyeol was there. His big eyes followed the balls and sometimes he chuckled when the ball found its way into a pocket, clapping his hands enthusiastically. When he got bored, he stood up and slid his bunny mask on.

He himself prefered ping-pong over billiard. He had long arms and great reflexes – he knew he was a pretty good player. But today nothing amused him for a long time. Or at least that was what he thought before he saw Baekhyun squating in front of the vending machine. “Psycho..,” Chanyeol muttered and approached him. Baekhyun saw two big feet in front of him and raised his head, neck starting to hurt from discomfort. Chanyeol sure was a tall person.

“Come play with us,” Chanyeol exhorted and lift his bunny mask, revealing his face. Actually, his face features were kind of.. adorable. Big brown eyes, funny yet cute big eyes, slightly thicker lower lip, the sensual curve of his upper lip.. Baekhyun detached his gaze from the taller. He should have never noticed Chanyeol's existence but it was already too late to ignore him. “Cyborgs do not play human games,” he responded with a hoarse voice, throat dry from days without any water.

“Okay then, I'm staying right here.”

Baekhyun heard how Chanyeol sat down onto the floor, beside him. He eyed the taller and correspondingly Chanyeol did the same. No visible facial expressions but a flutter on both of their chests.

They started to spend more time together occasionally. It was natural for Chanyeol to walk beside Baekhyun or for Baekhyun to scope out his actions. Chanyeol opened up about his powers of stealing souls from people, stealing their attributes. His round, hazel brown eyes glinted when he told about his gift and Baekhyun listened, not responding, but listened still. A small spark of hope getting rid of his sins lighted up inside him.

On the next day, Baekhyun begged the taller one steal his sympathy. 

----------

“Don't pretend you don't understand me.. you fluorescent lights. The lights here aren't very friendly, aren't they?” A voice spoke in the hallway at midnight – Chanyeol heard it and recognized it immediatly. He cowered and sauntered with soft, silent steps. “But hey.. It's bad manners to not say hello, no matter how tired you are..,” the voice rebuked and Chanyeol approached it steadily. Baekhyun squated in front of the vending machine, looking ten times more lively than before.

“How are you, after working all day?” Baekhyun smiled when asking it from the vending machine—smiled, Chanyeol froze—and stared its metal shell. Its lights were dim in the hallway, swallowed by the darkness. Chanyeol explored Baekhyun's bag right beside him but apparently the shorter one didn't give any attention to living things.

“Then.. Could I get an ice tea, please?” Baekhyun asked smiling again and shifted a little to stare the slot. He waited, and waited, soft smile staying on his lips. Chanyeol looked him curiously and stood up. He put a coin into vending machine, pressed a glowing button ‘Apricot Ice Tea.’ Baekhyun's smile widened when he heard the machine making sounds. An ice tea popped up from the hole and he picked it up. “Thank you very much,” he still smiled and turned to gather his bag from the floor.

“Maybe the lights in the wards are friendlier,” Baekhyun smiled to himself and tiptoed away. Chanyeol stepped away from the shadows he had hidden himself and watched the short male's back drifting away.

----------

“..He hasn't been eating or drinking in five days. He can barely even walk anymore,” a female voice was heard from a room Baekhyun was taken into. A male nurse gave a reassuring smile when he helped Baekhyun to set on a bed. A weird headband was set on his head, weird equipment keeping strange noises. “You'll be better after this,” the male nurse said with a soothing voice and moved off. Baekhyun looked the ceiling until he got a seizure and everything out.

The same male nurse helps him out of the room. “You were only 15 seconds unconscious.  Do you feel better now?” he asked. Baekhyun didn't answer – he turned to face to face and stretched out his hands. “Ra-ta-ta-ta-ta,” he whispered, the nurse collapsing on the floor, choking into his own blood. Baekhyun tilted his head to side and started walking the corridors, shooting hospital officials with bullets coming out of his fingers. Bodies collapsed on the floor, spasming from the bullet rain. The white corridors got stained with vibrant, dark red liquid.

The male nurse stood there—unharmed—where Baekhyun had left him, feeling a little confused. “Is he hallucinating?” he sighed by himself. Shrugging his shoulders, he decided he was in a need for a cup of coffee.

----------

Chanyeol walked backwards, brushing his teeth frantically and trying to find Baekhyun. Frizzy hair was frizzier than yesterday and his jumpsuit was crinkly, sticking onto his long limbs. Soon he found shorter beside a huge clock in the hallway, chirping and giggling to an inanimate object. His long—elegant, Chanyeol noted—fingers were wrapped around a leg of a puppet. Chanyeol's tight grip onto his toothbrush loosened. He was relieved to find him safe, without any signs of violence. Still, he was worried about Baekhyun's health because the latter barely could stand anymore with his shaky legs. He was starting to be gravely malnutritioned – a word which he had heard while eavesdropping doctors' conversations.

A thought of Baekhyun being dead made Chanyeol shiver. He needed to do something in order for keeping him alive. He didn't know why but something inside him had sprung into life after meeting Baekhyun. Chanyeol clutched onto the fabric of his jumpsuit, feeling slightly anxious about his feelings towards the short man—also known as psycho—and a compulsive need for brushing his teeth started again. “Doctors, I'm going to shrink into a dot!! Help!!”

----------

They started force-feeding after a group therapy when Baekhyun collapsed for the first time in public. At first he had been sitting on his usual place and when he got up, legs gave up under him. It had scared everyone.  Now Baekhyun had to walk around with an infusion stand, weak legs shaking with every step.

“It is only a matter of time when he will.. he will die.”

Mena insulted Baekhyun for not eating but ate still his food. It was okay for him since he didn't really care about anything but killing the institute officials. Hallucinations of starting a rampage and killing hospital staff got stronger. The hallucinations were a mess – screaming shade of blood, guts, twisted bodies, shrieking.. Baekhyun started to be soon at that point when he would lost his last pieces of sanity and life. His condition deteriotated rapidly despite the force-feeding and electric shock treatment.

Chanyeol didn't get any sleep at night after the collapsing incident. He knew he had to do something for Baekhyun in order to keep him alive. An unknown force kept him awake all night, drawing strange patterns into a toilet paper. He was awake till the morning sun rose to the sky, beating his brains to work on rescue plan which was named cleverly as ‘MPE’ – Make Psycho Eat. Chanyeol snuggled into his sheets, squeezing a piece of toilet paper tightly inside his fist. “I.. will.. make.. you eat..,” his deep voice fell slowly off, sleepy big eyes closing shut. 

“..psycho..”

----------

A/N: first of all – i'm very and truly sorry it has taken so god damn long to update !!! i'm a writer, i just laze around since it's now a summer vacation and i'm taking it a bit too easy on me tbh.... i should get a personal kick-me-in-the- person when i get too lazy to write anything. volunteers can come to inspirate me on twitter and give me new ideas that get me back into writing. i'm there 25/8 (not kidding.)

anyways, i hope you like it. i'm not sure if i like it myself.