The Beginning

A Little Cyborgic

It was a lovely sunny morning and a very regular day in a factory.

Baekhyun changed to his workwear and stuffed his normal clothing to the locker. The door of the locker squeaked a little when he closed it. "Man, they really should oil hinges, don't you think?" his colleague next to him complained and dug his ears. Baekhyun just nodded and walked away from the room. The colleague turned around and sneered to the others. "Isn't he weird? It's like I was air or something to him. What a prince," he sniffed and pulled the zipper of his suit up.

There, meaning in the huge hall, was already workers when Baekhyun arrived. They listened to the instructions from the speaker.

Place the antenna on the top of a radio.
 
They placed the antenna on the top of the radio, working like robots. Some of them talked at the same time about their families and everyday life. Baekhyun found his place and picked construction material from the assembly line which divided a long table into two areas. There were workers on the both sides, all wearing the same white zipper suit. They all also wore white rubber gloves. Baekhyun was ready to complete his radio from the parts he was given. He ignored all the conversations around him and built his radio in peace, following the speaker's instructions.
 
Before he finished building his radio, the speaker started to give strange guidelines.
 
Take a marker.
 
Baekhyun took the marker and waited for more guidelines.
 
Draw a vertical line from down to up into your wrist.
 
He obeyed and pulled up his sleeve. The marker left a blue, moist line to his pale wrist. Some of the employees eyed him but didn't even care. For them Baekhyun was always a stranger — he responded with short words when people talked to him and never started a conversation.
 
Take a knife from your left.

He wasn't even surprised by the odd instructions. He took the knife. It was his job to follow the instructions.
 
Place the knife on the line and slide it slowly down.
 
Baekhyun placed the knife on his wrist and slid it slowly down. He winced a little when the knife opened his skin. Blood started to trickle out of the cut.
 
Take the wires – blue and red – and place them into the plug. Then, place them into your wrist.
 
He started to feel dizzy but placed the wires into the plug and then into his wrist. 
 
Your battery is running low. Turn the power on from the switch.
 
With his trembling, free hand, he pressed the switch down.
And crashed down while the volts ran through his body.

Everything went blank.
 
----------
 
It had been already two days since Baekhyun was taken to the hospital. Suicide attempt, they said. They meant the people in white coats with expressionless faces. They had taken him to the treatment and shaked their heads when they tried talking to Baekhyun. He didn't answer to any of their questions. He didn't want to discuss with those people. With people who had also taken his grandmother.

Baekhyun was still lying on the bed, staring the ceiling. His forearm was covered with a white bandage and it was stiched – it wasn't just a wrist he had cut. The cut was long, from wrist to the half way of forearm. He was weak, barely could open his mouth to say something. Sallow light which came from the halogen lights made everything look flavorless in the plain room.

There was another patient in the room. A little sturdy woman was lying on the other bed, taking care of her nails and shaping them into pretty squares. Baekhyun glanced at her and the woman looked him back. “Finally you look like you're alive. It was already a time. Everybody talks about you,” she said and pouted a little. “Byun Baekhyun, soon twenty-years old. So tragical!” she continued and sighed deep. “You can call me Mena. If you ever leave spare food, please bring it to me.” Baekhyun didn't even blink his eyes – he just blatantly turned his back to Mena.
 
“Welcome to the mad house, boy. Everybody here's mad. Expect me!”
 
----------
 
Baekhyun got up from his bed on the third day. His legs were jelly and he could hardly walk to the door. A warm brown oversized shirt covered his weak upper body and slightly lighter brown cotton pants covered his unsteady legs. It was already afternoon and everybody seemed to be in hallway. Or at least it sounded like it and he was right. A sight that opened in front of him could be described as a chaos or maybe even as a complete disaster.
 
People were talking out loud and some of them also were screaming. One of the patients threw a roll of a toilet paper to him but Baekhyun ignored it. He started to slouch through the noisy hallway and look around. He found himself soon in front of a vending machine and kneeled down. He slided his fingers along the cold metallic skin and curled up beside it. Gentle hum that came from the machine made him feel calm.
 
“Do you know where my grandmother is?” Baekhyun suddenly asked with a monotonous voice.
His head rested on the cold metal. Soft, brown locks were a little bit tangled and dirty. There were dark circles under his eyes and he was pale, very pale. He resembled
more of a ghost than an human. Machine hummed against his ear. “Are you sure? You haven't seen her around?” he continued.
 
Somebody crouched past him but stopped after a few meters. A curious face turned to Baekhyun's direction. That somebody returned few steps – still crouching – and looked at Baekhyun. Soon the latter noticed he was observed and lazily lifted his empty look from his hands. His eyes met a man with a bunny mask and mahogany hair. The man chuckled behind his mask and sneaked away. Baekhyun turned his eyes away from the bunny masked man and closed his eyes. 
 
“I don't like humans.”
 
----------
 
A/N: i've had this chapter finished already for a while but i wasn't sure if i should continue it a little further.
this is almost like an introduction chapter what you'll see in the future ~ i hope you'll like it ( ´◡` ) feedback is very welcome;;