Passing Notes

Sparks Fly

Jae's POV

 

Well, here goes nothing.

 

"Anneyonghaseyo. My name is Kim Jaejoong and I'm the new transfer student.", I say as I beamed to the whole class.

 

“Jaejoong-ah?!” someone yelled and the sound of chair scraping against floor was heard as she stood up.

 

I locked eyes with her and I swear my heart skipped a beat when I realised who it was. The very person I have been thinking about since I received the news I would transfer here; Lee Jieun.

 

 

Weirdly, I felt my cheeks getting hot. What is this? This is new right? It's just IU... Your best friend. This is so confusing. I can feel my hands sweating but for some reason I could not take my eyes of her.

 

She was gorgeous.

 

Had she always looked like this?

 

I always knew she looked pretty and cute but in the three years since I had last seen her, it’s almost as if I’m staring at a completely different person. Is this really her?

 

My head feels a bit dizzy and I finally notice the class going silent. They must be staring at both of us now. 

 

This is so embarrassing but I can't seem to look away from her eyes.

 

Were they always pools of melted chocolate or have gone insane?

 

 

~

 

The whole class witnessed Jieun's exclamation with shock, she’s usually quiet and being vocal was only to answer questions by teachers not this, this is new. Mrs Lee had to cup her smile as she watched the situation unfold right in front of her.

 

She had a feeling this would happen. Jieun was a good girl and a smart student, albeit a little quiet. Mrs Lee was all for both of them getting together. Now it was finally her nephew's chance to get the princess! Mrs Lee tried to hold in a giggle at seeing the two.

 

 

Ah~ Teenagers~

 

 

As much as she loved that she got Jae into the same class as Jieun, this was not the proper time to be flirting. Right now, she has to act like a responsible educator. She can plot this later.

 

She let out a cough and it seemed to snap both teens—and the whole class—out of their stupor. Almost immediately, the whole class burst into whispers and Jieun covered with both of her hands. She looked like she was going to burst into flames at any minute by the amount of embarrassment she is feeling but Mrs Lee was quicker than that.

 

"I see that someone definitely remembers you, Mr Kim. However, as much as I would like to see you get acquainted with your old friends—", she shot a knowing glance towards Jieun that made the girl slowly slid back down to her chair. "—and new friends, you can all save that for later. For now, however, I would like it if Mr. Kim could take the empty seat beside Miss Lee Jieun since you two seem like you know each other well."

 

As if on autopilot, Jaejoong immediately occupied the empty seat next to IU all the while brushing the thought of it feeling very familiar to their first meeting. After the teacher seemed satisfied with this development—while internally patting herself on the back at the sight of both teens sharing shy glances towards each other, she turned to the whole class with a click of her heel against the marble floor.

 

"Okay class, turn to page 32 and we will discuss the answers to your homework after today's lesson." and with that, Lee Sunwoo grabbed the whiteboard marker and began the lesson.

 

 

~

 

 

Meanwhile, both Jieun and Jaejoong were having a hard time focusing on the lesson at hand as both of them were trying to inconspicuously steal glances at each other. However, the very fact that both of them had intense blushes on their faces made it hard to actually start a simple conversation.

 

Jaejoong was looking outside of the window and trying to calm down his beating heart while Jieun was dropping her head on the desk and willing her blush to go away.

 

 

~

 

 

Jieun's POV

 

What is happening? How come he is here? Why is it so awkward?

 

Oh My God! He's here he's actually here!!

 

Calm down Lee Jieun, you are better than this. He is your best friend for God's sake! You can't behave like this!

 

Maybe if I just take a peek at him-

 

I look over to him and see that he had cut his hair. He looked more masculine compared to before but he still retained his femininity he looked elegant to say the least. His jaw is more defined now and he got taller, He seems to be well-built. I guess all that exercise he kept doing amounted to this.

 

 

Damn.

 

He has gotten more attractive.

 

 

I look down at my hands that dropped to my lap and realise, I'm still the same boring girl who maybe grew an inch or two. Jaejoong however, looks like he walked straight out of a magazine. He looks like a model and I felt the twinge of sadness in my heart when I also realise that he deserves a better friend.

 

 

~

 

While Jieun was busy wallowing in her thoughts, she felt a nudge to her shoulder and a paper was slid to her desk accompanied by a pencil. She smiled noting how the boy's handwriting had not changed either.

 

Fighting back the urge to blush again, she looked at the paper and smiled.

 

 

Hi ^^

 

Hey Jae. What are you doing here?!

 

I applied to participate in the transfer program and I thought I'd surprise you? ;)

 

Oh you surprised me alright, Kim Jaejoong! I can't believe you didn't tell me. (ง'̀-'́)ง Don't I matter anymore to you? :(

 

 

Jaejoong had to bite his lower lip to prevent himself from grinning. Sometimes, Jieun was too cute for her own good.

 

 

Sorry, mianhe~ (´・ω・`) what say I treat you for ice cream during break?

 

I would love to but break is over genius.

 

Well I guess you'll have to settle for an after-school date then. ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

 

 

Jieun stared at the conversation on the paper and bit the inside of her cheek. She could feel a blush fighting its way to her cheeks again. Did he just called their supposed hangout a...date?

 

Jaejoong was all sorts of worried. Why did he have to be so stupid to say that?

 

Of course he meant it as a joke. Right?

 

He worried his lower lip and tried to stay calm by staring out the window again. If she hates him now, it's his fault. It is 100% Kim Jaejoong's fault. This was his chance to catch up with her and he's already being creepy. He should have just stayed at his old school. This was a bad idea. 

 

Before he could completely get into a pit of despair, there was a light tap to his shoulder that snapped him out of his inner monologue and the piece of paper was slid back to him. The girl looked away from him, apparently finding his aunt's lesson suddenly interesting.

 

Jaejoong took a deep breath and took a peak at her response, fearing the worse.

 

 

:)

 

 

He managed to let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding and his heart may have skipped a couple of beats.

 

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~

I am going to be honest. I had given up writing for years since I had to battle depression and suicidal thoughts. 

I was thinking of abandoning this fic but I was surprised to find new subscribers and I guess I decided to try again.

I had to reread my own writing and it was cringe-worthy.

I know this is short and my style might have changed since it's been years but I want to thank you all for still staying subscribed to me although I had given up myself.

I want to say thank you.

I will try.

 

JSM