First meeting

Sparks Fly

IU's POV

 

I'm in my room lying on the bed. As usual I'm replaying what I do everyday. It was pretty simple actually, I wake up, go to school, come back, eat lunch, finish my homework, do some revision and go to sleep. Boring? I know. But, it wasn't always like that. Honest! Sometimes when I think about those times, I thought it was just a dream. The picture and note he left were the only things that proved that it did happen.

I admit, I'm a boring girl. I only have four friends. Who? Seohyun, Taeyeon, Jiyeon and Hyomin. Well, I'll save that story for later. I'll give you a glimpse of my past and how I met the boy.

 

3 years ago....

It was a new school year at a new school. I'm thirteen this year. Should I be happy? Far from it. Ijust know that I'm gonna be shunned again. Like I was at my old school. I got a makeover to start off the school. Why? Maybe because I wanted a little change. I learned fashion through magazines and tried to be more socialize. Thinking it back, why bother right? I was still the same me.

 

I got to my class, it was a special class. To make it easier for you to understand, it's a place where they send the smart students to. Not saying I'm all that smart but ranking 4th out off the whole school must count as something right?

I took my seat. I sat next to a window and there was an empty seat beside me. Everyone that came after me would take no notice of me. They must still be on their high horse. So what? I sighed as seats were starting to be filled with all types off students. I guess, this year's going to be the same regardless of where I am or how I look. I turned to the window, drowning myself in the rain outside of the panned glass to notice someone was talking to me.

 

"Hello? Hey?" a voice called to me. Unwillingly, I turned and I was surprised to set my eyes on the most beautiful girl ever...that wore the boy clothes? I was staring him from top to bottom unable to utter a word since my mind was obviously playing tricks on me.

"You there?" he/she said waving a hand infront of me. He/she chuckled when I jumped back. Then he/she stopped chuckling and gave me a warm smile.

"And just so you know, I'm a guy." I could feel myself blush when he realized my thoughts. He chuckled a little at my reaction.

"S-sorry."

"Don't worry, having eight older sisters does that to you." he kept on chuckling while I fiddled with my hands.

"So... umm.. can I seat here?" he questioned me. I blushed harder and nodded. I turned my head towards the teacher as he took his seat beside me. I observed him from the corner of my eye and saw that he had a sharp jawline, flawless skin, black hair which reached his shoulders(I blame them for making me mistake him for a girl).

I was so focused on our new teacher, in which I learned later her name was Mrs. Lee that I failed to notice the pretty boy was staring at me. After a few minutes, he was still looking at me. I'm starting to think that I have something on my face.

 

"W-what are you l-looking at?" I asked, flustered by his non-stop gaze. He perked up when I looked at him.

"You spoke! I'm Kim Jaejoong. But, just call me Jae." he said taking out his hand. I gave him a weirded out expression. Is that why he's been staring at me this whole time? Ignoring the question, I replied.

"Lee Jieun." I took his hand and gave it a little shake. I quickly retreated, I wasn't used to talking to guys. So, I was awkward around him.

"Nice to meet you IU!" he said cheerfully. His eyes turned into cresents and I could tell this boy was just a big fluffy ball of happy. Despite his rather cold looks, especially when he isn't smiling, he was friendly, warm-hearted and loving. Woah! Hold up! I did not just say that. I just met the guy for goodness sakes! He could be one of those gangsters just being friendly the first day and start to bully you the next. But, wait, did he just call me 'IU'? It could not be mistaken, the guy gave me a nickname already!

I got a new friend! A smile crept onto my face and I couldn't do anything to hide the smile. I felt content.

 

_________________________________

Yeah, that was how I met Jae. Should've known it wouldn't last long. He moved after three months and its been three years since then. I miss him. I'd never admit that to my friends though. The class used to call us a couple eventhough we really weren't. We still contact each other and send texts from time to time. The only thing is that I lied to him, saying I was okay and happy here. Which was half true. I'm happy with my four friends but there was a hole. A hole which only he could fill up. He was my very best friend.

 

*BEEP*BEEP*

 

I got off the bed and reached for my cell.

 

From: Jae:)

Yah! IU! I missed you! Wae you don't call me anymore?! You didn't talk or text me for a month and a half already!! :( *pout*

 

I smiled. The thing about Jae was that, well he knows how to make me feel happy in just a snap of the finger.

 

To: Jae:)

Mianhe, I thought you were busy. Aww, come on Jae, don't be sad oppa! -pouts-

 

What? I only talk to him and I repeat ONLY to him do I talk in this way. We texted a few more and he called to wish me goodnight. He didn't forget to warn me about bed bugs, what am I? Five? I don't mind really. When he hung up, there it was, my old life again. My dull, boring, unexciting life.

 

 

 

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

First chapters up!! ^^

I know I only wrote IU's POV and it's boring!

I know, I just wasn't inspired today.

But, I'll make it up in the next chapter!!

:3 JangSooMin