The Third Wish

The Third Wish (One-shot)

 

 

Dongwoo watched from afar as Sunggyu sat idly on the wharf, legs dangling over the edge with his sandals threatening to fall in. It was summer, the sun was starting to set, and Sunggyu donned a thin white singlet and a pair of rainbow board shorts.

Damn, Dongwoo thought, If only that were mine. How I wish that were mine.

He watched as the object of his attention raised his hand to the sky, eyes on the small silver band on his ring finger that twinkled in the sinking sun. A small smile formed on his lips, his eyes turning into those small crescents that Dongwoo loved so much.

He stayed squatting in the bushes, patting down his pockets as his fingers came into contact with a small hitch in the fabric. He sighed a relieved sigh, It's still there, a small smile gracing his features.

“Oh, you're here!”

Dongwoo quickly looked over to the sound of a deep voice, only to see the hand that wore the same, matching ring. It belonged to none other than Nam Woohyun. Woohyun took a seat beside Sunggyu, letting his feet fall off the ledge of the wharf as well and wrapping an arm oh-so-casually around Sunggyu's waist.

How I wish I were Woohyun right now.

Though it irritated Dongwoo to no end, seeing the two sitting together on the wharf watching the sun set, he couldn't will himself to look away. Why? Well, he wasn't too sure of the reason either. All he knew was that he could feel that gnawing feeling of regret that he'd become so accustomed to feeling ever since 3 weeks ago. Ever since 'Woogyu' became official.

It was only when the couple turned to face eachother, closing their eyes and ready to share a sweet kiss under the setting sun, did Dongwoo look away.

Looking down at the sandy earth beneath him, he once again located the small bump in his pocket, pulling out a small, black, velvet box. And flipping it opened, he couldn't help but let a tear slip from his eye as he watched the two rings within sparkle for the last time before the sun had set.

How I wish I had said it earlier...