The Players are Picked, let the Game begin. (Teaser 3)

Getting the Scoop (Closed)

 

Bekah wandered around the office, fulfilling her Aunt’s orders – find the twins. Sighing, the brunette ran a hand through her styled short hair as she rounded a corner, nearly running into one of the many, frantic interns. The woman just smiled, stabilized the girl, and continued on her “quest”.

            Suddenly, the sound of a heavy bass and a weird synthesized noise reached Bekah’s ears along with an English rapper’s voice that she knew very well, “But if you feel like I feel, I got the antidote. Women wave your pantyhose, sing the chorus and it goes. ‘Cause I’m Slim Shady, yes I’m the real Shady, all you other Slim Shadys are just imitating.”

            A smile was brought to the olive skinned girl’s face, as she followed the glorious sound that was Eminem. Bekah knew there weren’t a lot of people at What’s the Scoop?  that listened to the white rapper. She knew that both Deny and Daniella liked him, so she figured she could find one of the twins this way. Bekah poked her head into one of the large cubicles and saw Daniella bobbing her head up and down to the music. The Italian-Korean took a moment to look over the things that littered the twenty-year-old’s desk. Just off to the left of her laptop was her camera – a Canon EOS Rebel T3i – and there was a photo of a Rottweiler puppy.

            Bekah almost squealed at the sight of the puppy, but she managed to keep it in. She always had a soft spot for dogs – which is also why she HAD to get a dog when she moved to Korea.

            Getting back to the matter at hand, the brunette knocked against the wall of Daniella’s cubicle in order to get her attention, “Hey Daniella.”

            The Cuban-Korean turned in her chair to face Bekah, “Hi Bekah, what’s up?” she asked casually as she turned down her music in order to hear the older woman before she tucked a strand of her semi-curly brown hair behind her ear.

            “Christina wants to see you in her office at four.”

            Almost instantly, Daniella’s brown eyes widened, “Don’t worry, you’re not in trouble. She’s just gonna be giving some of us another assignment,” Bekah quickly added.

            The woman sighed heavily, before smiling up at the other woman, “Okay. So who all’s gonna be there?”

            Bekah leaned against the wall of her cubicle and crossed her arms, “Well, I know for certain, it’s gonna be you, me, your brother, and this new girl Dao Qiao. Other than that, I don’t know.”

            “So what’s the assignment?”

            At this, Bekah pushed herself off the wall and began to make her way out of Daniella’s cubicle, “Christina will tell you later,” she stated as she waved ever so slightly.

            “Yah!” Daniella called out, “You can’t just leave me hanging like that!”

            But it was too late. Bekah was already down the hall looking for Deny. While she was wondering down yet another hall, her cell phone went off. The ring tone – Tsukiyo no Itazura no Maho by Breakerz – was set for only person, her Aunt. Raising an eyebrow at the flashing screen that indicated she had a text, Bekah opened it up and proceeded to read the message.

 

I found the last two. Jung Sae Ra and Kim Min Hi. Please tell them to be in my office at four as well.

~ Zia

 

            Bekah sighed as she realized she had to find another columnist and one of their interns. She slid her phone back in her pocket and quickly found herself in what she called the “Columnist Corner”. Yeah, she knows, not very original, but it works. Most times, depending on your job, you were placed in different wings of the building. So now, she could kill to birds with one stone.

            “Annyeongiran mal Hello hello, ijen goodbye goodbye.”

            Bekah easily recognized the song as Hell Hello by FT Island and quickly followed it to its source. She realized it was coming from Deny’s laptop as she looked over his cubicle’s wall.

            These twins have a great taste in music, Bekah though as she walked around so she stood in the opening of his cubicle. Just like she did with Daniella, she looked around Deny’s desk. She saw picture of him, his sister, and what Bekah could only assume were his parents, the exact same camera as his sister, and what looked like a strawberry Bubble Tea.

            Bekah also took a moment to look at Deny. She wasn’t lying when she had said he was cutie. He was sometimes fun to mess with and tease. Anyway, the boy was wearing a nice pair of jeans and a simple, black, three-quarter sleeved shirt.

            “Hey Deny,” she called out to him.

            The almost shaggy, black haired boy glanced over his shoulder before turning around completely to face the older woman, “Hey Bekah. Is there something you need?”

            The brunette just smiled lightly, “Just came by to say Christina wants to see you in her office at four. And before you ask, no, you’re not in trouble.”

            After what looked like Daniella about to have a heart attack, Bekah was sure to throw in the other details.

            Even Deny let out a small sigh of relief, “Is that all then?”

            Bekah glanced over his shoulder and saw a document open, more than likely one of his pieces he was working on, before she turned her gaze back to meet his dark brown eyes, “Nah, that’s it.”

            The woman took a step forward and reached out to ruffle the boy’s shoulder length hair slightly, “See ya later, Deny.”

            “Yah!” the boy called out as he tried to fix his hair to the way it was as the older woman laughed and walked out of his cubicle.

            Now, she had to find Jung Sae Ra. Bekah knew the woman, but didn’t necessarily know where her cubicle was. So, she had to resort to looking at the name plates on each cubicle. Her amethyst eyes constantly flickered from the plates to the hallway, in hopes that she wouldn’t run into another intern. Fate was not on her side. As soon as her eyes swept over to read the next plate, a dark brown haired intern turned the corner and nearly knocked the two down. Bekah grabbed the girl’s shoulders in order to steady her before she actually got a good look at the girl.

            “Still not used to those heels, are you Amy?” Bekah teased gently as she removed her hands from her shoulders.

            The sixteen-year-old laughed lightly as she rubbed the back of her neck, “I guess not. They’re really not my thing, but I want to look professional,” she all but whined to the older woman.

            Bekah leaned in close to the intern with a wide grin on her face, “One word for ya. Flats. They are amazing… and you’re less likely to trip.”

            “I guess I’ll try them then,” she stated as she smiled brightly.

            The young intern was about to walk away when Bekah suddenly remembered she was the one of the other girls that her Aunt picked out, “Hey Amy!”

            The young girl stopped mid stride, turned around and hurried back towards Bekah, “Yes, Bekah?”

            “I need you to go to Christina’s office at four. We’re having a little meeting, and she wants you there.”

            “Why me?” Min Hi quickly asked.

            “You’ll see,” Bekah stated with a small smile as she made her way through the Columnist Corner, still in search for Sae Ra.

            Finally, in practically the last cubicle, Bekah found the auburn haired girl sitting, updating her twitter page. Just in reach of her right hand was a latte… or a cappuccino… or a macchiato. Bekah really didn’t know the difference; she didn’t like any of them anyway, so it wasn’t like she really cared. Bekah also took note of the picture of her an her brother –Ji Hoon – and her DSLR camera that were placed upon her desk.

            “Should you be updating twitter on company time, Ms. Jung?” Bekah asked all formally.

            The woman tensed up and was already apologizing as she turned around in her chair. When her big brown eyes landed on Bekah, she stopped talking and practically glared at her.

            “That wasn’t funny Bekah,” she mumbled as she swatted at the girl’s arm.

            Obviously, Bekah thought it was, because she started laughing at the girl’s pouting face, “I’m sorry Sae Ra, it was just too easy.”

            Sae Ra glanced up towards the short haired brunette before she too let out a laugh; she imagined the look on her face was pretty priceless, “So what’s up? What’s new?”

            Bekah was about to feed into Sae Ra’s love for gossip, but quickly remembered why she was there in the first place, “Well, Christina wants you in her office at four for a little meeting, arasso?”

            “Arasso!” the younger woman chimed before returning to her twitter.

            Bekah just rolled her eyes and walked out of the woman’s cubicle before making her way back towards her own. As she walked, she glanced down at her watch. 3:36. A little less than thirty minutes the others would soon find out their next assignment. Bekah hoped they would all be up for it – who wouldn’t be, actually? But more than anything, she hoped this wouldn’t end badly. She honestly didn’t think she had to worry too much about the twins or Sae Ra since they are all related to a famous idol. But she was concerned about the young intern, Amy, and the new girl Qiao, who she knew nothing about.

            “I guess I can only hope for the best.”

Author's Note: First of all, congratulations to Snow90 and pandagirl84! I really did like your girls! Now, I have all the characters I can handle, I can say that it is now closed. This is also the last teaser before I actually start the story. Please, to all those who made it, tell me if I am portraying your character(s) correctly through out the story. And thank you guys for wishing me the best, it really made me happy to see such sweet comments.