Teaser/Into

Getting the Scoop (Closed)

"Ms. Colonna, here are the files you asked for."

"I told you to call me Zia."

The auburn haired young woman sighed as she locked gazes with the brown haired woman behind a huge desk. Christina would always bring up how her own niece would address her so formally. The tomboy before her rolled her amethyst colored eyes before placing her hands on her waist and cocking out her right hip. She could always get away with being a little sassy around the CEO since they were family. Though, even if they weren't, Christina was such an easy-going woman and was almost never strict with her employees. Unless, of course, they had to meet a major deadline.

The blue eyed woman leaned back in her leather seat as she smiled lightly, "Why do you never call me Zia? Why so formal Bekah?"

"I don't want the others to think that the only reason I'm here is because I'm your niece," she answered somewhat softly, going against her normally loud and excentric style.

"No one thinks that. You're a great journalist, that's why you're here. Any other company would have taken you, I just wanted you and your talent for myself."

The younger woman, Bekah, raised an eyebrow as a smirk crossed over her face, "That sounds so wrong."

"Oh shut up," Christina managed with a laugh.

The two women shared a short laugh before Bekah excussed herself, saying she had other work to complete. Just before the spunky woman walked out, she uttered a goodbye with a 'Ms. Colonna' at the end. Christina narrowed her eyes at the door before shaking her head and looking down at the files her niece had brought her. It was a good stack of maybe fifteen manilla folders. Inside each manialla folder was some employee Bekah deemed acceptable enough for the CEO to review. She could only send out the best of the best.

Christina sighed heavily. It was going to be a long and tideous 'adventure' trying to sort and choose who should be given such a chance. She would have to think wisely about who she choose and who she sent them to. Just last week Christina had been on the phone for hours talking to different CEOs from companies such as SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment, J. Tunes Entertainment, just to name a few. She had discussed her idea to all of them. Luckily, they hadn't rejected the idea right off the back and gave her a chance to explain what her employees would be doing. They all thought it would be a good idea. For them, they saw it as a direct link to a media source, to release all the promotions they would have and what not.

Christina could only choose a handful of the applicants, she knew. She needed a mix as well. She even told Bekah to see if there were any interns she thought could handle such a task. Now, she wasn't going to let the intern go by herself. The interns weren't as experienced as her other full-time employees and she couldn't trust them quite yet with something so big. She already knew her niece would be following some idol or group and she was even thinking about having an intern tag along with Bekah. Christina knew her niece could keep the person in line.

"As long as she doesn't get annoyed," Christina uttered under her breath as she thought about Bekah's attitude towards certain types of people.

Sighing once more, Christina looked down at the stack before she slid her glasses over the bridge of her nose, "I guess I should start looking."

 

Author's Corner

Alright, so here's a little teaser for you guys, so you can see my writing style. And, you also get to see what kind of woman Christina is and meet my character, for a brief moment.

Also, since you're probably wondering, Zia just means Aunt in Italian.

Well, I can't wait to looking over some applications!

Until next time ~