The Gentleman

The Gentleman
The Gentleman- Victor Kim
*don't play the song until you see the little asterix thingy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the next couple of weeks, HaeMin and BaekHyun grew closer. Since their break ups, they got to know more about each other and found some things they had in common. God knows why they never became good friends, but now they were almost inseparable. People could mistake them as a couple. There was a certain attraction between the two but they didn't know what.
 
One day, BaekHyun walked into the classroom to find HaeMin sitting at her desk reading some English book. A smile grew on his face and his heart fluttered, something that he hadn't felt in a while. He admired her dorky look when she had her glasses on and the way she would push them up every time they would fall. He was stunned by her beauty and he questioned why he never noticed how much more beautiful she was than Mihyun. Since the day they knew each other during their sophomore year, he had never noticed anything about her. How could he be so blind throughout those three years, he didn't know.
 
"No, I can't be falling for her, I swore that I wouldn't fall in love again." He thought. Sure he liked the girl, maybe a little more than he thought, a tiny crush possibly. Over the month and a half that they've started talking, he couldn't deny that he had feelings for the girl. She was indeed everything he wanted in a girl. But was what he was feeling true love? The male sighed and walked over to her. The girl looked up from her book and smiled. She removed her glasses and put her book down and looked at BaekHyun.
 
"Oh BaekHyun, anneyong." She waved.
 
"Anneyong HaeMin." BaekHyun pulled out the chair and sat down next to her. Her heart fluttered when she caught him staring at her.
 
"Y-yah oppa, why are you staring at me like that?" She giggled. He blushed. A million more butterflies flew around inside his stomach when he heard her call him oppa. Just that one simple word sent an infinite amount of lightning bolts jolt throughout his body.
 
"Oppa?" He questioned.
 
"A-ah neh, since you're older than me and since we're good friends, I should call you oppa. Is that alright with you?" The older male nodded.
 
"Yea, I like it." The girl blushed.
 
"Neh, alright oppa." Pretty soon the bell rang, indicating that class started.
 
Hours passed and the bell rang for the end of the school day. Students piled out of the building to go home, enjoying the start of the weekend. HaeMin walked towards the front gate when a hand grabbed a hold of her arm. She turned around to see none other than BaekHyun, who had a smile on his face. She smiled back and bowed her head.
 
"Oh oppa, what's up?" She asked.
 
"I just wanted to know i-if you wanted to hang o-out tonight?" He asked shyly. HaeMin nodded as her smile grew wider.
 
"I'd love to."
 
"Chincha? Ahh okay well I guess I'll pick you up at 7?"
 
"Neh, I'll be waiting."
 
"Ahh arasso. See you later."
 
"Anneyong oppa." She waved and walked towards her awaiting cab. The boy's heart jumped in joy. He finally had the courage to ask her out after contemplating with himself whether he had a crush on her or not. He was sure of his feelings, and he knew that they were stronger than what he felt for Mihyun, who he loved dearly. Loved. Yes, not love, but loved. He had no more feelings for the girl that cheated and dumped him on their anniversary, the girl that he was committed to for six whole months. All that love was for the girl that now made his heart flutter, and he was sure of it.
 
Time rolled by quickly and it was already 6:50. HaeMin applied the finishing touches to her makeup before looking at herself in the mirror. Once she felt she was satisfied with her look, she stepped out of her bathroom and looked at the time. She had ten minutes before BaekHyun arrived. She opened up her TV in the living room to pass the time. Before she knew it, the doorbell rang at exactly 7:00. She hurried over to the door and answered it. She was stunned when she saw BaekHyun dressed slightly casually yet sophisticated enough for a date. BaekHyun seemed to have the same reaction, seeing her in a black and off white laced dress that flowed down just above her knees. They both stared at each other until they snapped out of their daze. The two shared an awkward laugh.
 
"A-are you ready?" BaekHyun asked.
 
"Neh, let's go." He grabbed her wrist and led him over to his car. They got in and drove off.
 
BaekHyun parked his car right in front of a fancy restaurant, right in the middle of downtown Seoul. Little did he know that it was HaeMin's favorite one in all of Korea. It was definitely pricy and only for people of high class rank, but it was not any ordinary Korean food, it was gourmet and no doubt the best in the country. Her stomach grumbled just thinking of all the mouth watering delicacies waiting for her to devour them. Luckily, BaekHyun didn't hear as he was busy parking his vehicle.
 
The two made their way inside the fancy restaurant where the lights were dimmed, giving it that high class atmosphere. The waiter led them to a table in the far side of the restaurant on the second floor next to the window, giving them a perfect view of downtown Seoul. The two sat and HaeMin awed at the view in front of her.
 
"Wah, how pretty." She said, admiring the city lights.
 
"Just like you." He muttered but loud enough for her to hear. She blushed.
 
"How did you know this was my favorite restaurant?" She asked.
 
"Eh? I didn't know, this is my favorite too." He smiled.
 
"Wah chincha? How cool."
 
"Neh, should we order?" They nodded and looked over their menus.
 
The two were in the middle of their meal, talking, laughing, and having a great time. BaekHyun looked around and his eyes widened when he saw that familiar face of the girl who broke his heart and left him standing in the cold, with none other than the guy she left him for. He gripped the fork he was holding and breathed heavily. HaeMin looked at him, concerned written all over her face.
 
"BaekHyun oppa, gwenchana?" She asked. She waved her hand in front of him when he didn't answer.
 
"Yah oppa, what's wrong with you?" She asked again.
 
"It's her." He muttered.
 
"Who?" She turned her head into the direction he was looking at. She gasped, realizing who was in the same direction he was looking at. It was none other than Nam DaeHyun, with who seemed to be with the girl that was supposedly better than her. She turned away quickly before the other two could notice her staring.
 
"You know who that guy is?!" She whispered to BaekHyun. The male snapped out of his trance and looked at her.
 
"Ani, but I know the girl. She's my ex." He said.
 
"Bwoh?! The guy she's with is my ex!" The two widened their eyes in realization. They glanced back at the couple who were headed in their direction, following behind their waiter. They hid their faces hoping that the couple wouldn't recognize them but to their luck, two figures stopped in front of them.
 
"Well, well, well, look who it is. What a small world, isn't it?" The girl spoke. BaekHyun looked up at her with a content face.
 
"Mihyun, it's a surprise seeing you here." He said in a monotone voice. The girl chuckled and flipped her hair back.
 
"I see you're on a date. Who could this lucky girl be?" HaeMin looked up hesitantly and met eyes with the other male.
 
"H-HaeMin? W-what are you doing here?" DaeHyun said.
 
"What does it look like I'm doing?" HaeMin snapped.
 
"Yah, what do you think you're doing snapping at my boyfriend like that you !" Mihyun yelled.
 
"Yah Mihyun, stop it!" BaekHyun yelled back at her.
 
"Look here pretty boy, don't yell at my girlfriend or else I'll beat that pretty little face of yours in!" DaeHyun joined in.
 
"You, beat his face in?! Please, you couldn't even defend yourself from SooKyung when she slapped you senseless!" HaeMin scoffed.
 
"What are you saying, that I'm weak?!"
 
"That's exactly what I'm saying."
 
"Didn't I tell you to shut up and stop snapping at my boyfriend?! Just leave us alone!" Mihyun whined.
 
"For your information, you came to us, so if you could kindly leave us alone now, that would be great. I'm losing my appetite just looking at your face." HaeMin smirked. Mihyun's jaw dropped.
 
"You !" She lifted her hand to slap her when BaekHyun stood up and stopped her. He shoved her hand away and grabbed HaeMin's.
 
"If you excuse us, we've obviously lost our appetites. We'll be leaving now." The two walked away from the other two, purposely bumping shoulders with Mihyun.
 
"If you think you can find someone like me, you never will, Byun BaekHyun!" Mihyun yelled. BaekHyun turned around and laughed.
 
"Someone like you? More like someone better than you." He smirked as he and HaeMin walked out of the restaurant.
 
*(A/N: Play song now)
 
Moments of silence between them with nothing but the sounds of cars and talking people in the background, they found themselves at the park which was surprisingly almost empty, with only a few people here and there. They breathed in the fresh air as they walked along the path up the hill. They stopped once they reached the top and faced each other.
 
"Sorry about those two earlier. I had no idea they were gonna be there." BaekHyun apologized.
 
"Ahh it's alright oppa, neither of us knew they were gonna be there." HaeMin smiled.
 
"But at least we're alone now away from those two." He grabbed her other hand and swung their arms from side to side.
 
"Neh, I think I like this better than being in a stuffy restaurant."
 
"Agree."
 
They stared into each other's eyes as silence took over them once again. BaekHyun noticed the glint in her eyes, as if they were stars in the night sky. Hearts started pounding in their chests as they felt themselves lean towards each other. Inches turned into centimeters and the space between them closed. Their lips moved in perfect sync with one another and it felt as if the whole world stopped. She wrapped her arms around his neck while he wrapped his around her waist, pulling her tightly against him as the kiss deepened. She slightly parted her lips, allowing the boy to explore every inch of . After a few minutes, the two pulled away gasping for air. The boy leaned his head against the girl's forehead and stared into her eyes once again. A tiny smile appeared on his face.
 
"Lee HaeMin, I really like you." He said.
 
"I really like you too, Byun BaekHyun."
 
"I never thought I'd find someone like Mihyun after we broke up, but it seems that I found someone ten times better than what she could ever be." HaeMin smiled widely and giggled.
 
"Neh, me too. You're much more of a gentleman than that stupid Nam DaeHyun." BaekHyun laughed.
 
"So, does that mean we're official?"
 
"It's not official until you ask." He reached a hand up to her cheek and caressed it.
 
"Lee HaeMin, would you please do the honor of being my girlfriend?" She smiled, nodding her head.
 
"Yes, it would be an honor." The boy's heart fluttered in joy. He lifted the girl up in his arms and twirled her around. He put her down and leaned in to kiss her lips softly.
 
From that day on, they became known as the lovey-dovey couple, always by each other's side, completing the other half of their broken hearts. Through the hardships that they had gone through, fate somehow brought them together. The boy who never thought that someone could make him fall in love, found himself falling for it all over again. As for the girl, though she never wanted to fall in love again, had found it all in her perfect gentleman.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And there you have it, the story of BaekHyun and HaeMin and how they came to be.
 
Thank you all for reading, for more BaekHyun-HaeMin moments, check out my story "Dance With Me" if you haven't already
 
 
Thanks again, it was fun writing this :) See you all in the future!
 
And happy late birthday to BaekHyun oppa! Saranghamnida! <3
 
-lilxninjaa