001

You're My Girlfriend [oneshot]

 

"Jagiyaaa ~~" Harim called for her boyfriend, Seunghyun.

"Yah! Didn't I tell you not to call me 'jagiya' just anywhere. We're in the school. A lot of people may see us. Why can't you keep in mind that we're not boyfriend-girlfriend when we're in school? Walk faster.. Aiiissshhhh ~you're irritating me." Seunghyun said and walked faster.

 

Harim remembered exactly what happened early in the morning that day. She keeps on asking herself, 'what am I really for Seunghyun?’ She bowed her head trying to hide her tears. She's at the hidden spot of the campus' garden, that's why not a lot of people can see her.

"Excuse me, I'm new here. Can I ask you where the men's toilet is?" A guy asked Harim.

"Nice question, huh. You're making me laugh." She chuckled and pointed at the men's toilet, still keeping her head down.

"Oh, haha, thank you." The guy bowed and headed to the men's toilet.

"Aish, who's that guy?" Harim put up her head and looked for the guy, but all that she saw was his back. She pouted and continued sobbing.

Few minutes passed and the guy went back to her again.

"Here." He offered her his handkerchief. "I don't like to see ladies who are crying.."

"Th.. Thanks.." Harim got the hanky and wiped her tears. She tapped the available seat beside her, signaling him to sit by her side.

"Why were you crying, anyways?" The guy asked.

"Why would you care? I don't even know your name yet." Harim rolled her eyes.

"I'm Junhyung, by the way. Yong Junhyung. I'm a transferee." He smiled at her awkwardly.

"I'm Harim. Kang Harim. So.. How's the campus, so far?" She asked him.

"Quite bad.. But not until I met you today. I finally got a friend." He told her, proudly.

"Aheh, friend, you say?" Harim said and shook her head.

"Why? Am I not your friend yet?" Junhyung responded. "Isn't it, a friend lends his hanky for a crying friend? You can talk to me.. I'm a good listener." Junhyung said and put up his famous smirk.

"Really? Hmmnn.. Okay.." She shrugged and told Junhyung about what happened early in the morning and how bad she feels whenever Seunghyun acts cold towards her...almost everyday.

"Why would you waste your time being with that kind of guy? Pssshhh.." Junhyung shooks his head.

"I love him." Harim plainly answered.

"But.. Do you think, he loves you back? Sometimes you need to love yourself more than anyone else.. Or else, you'll get hurt in the end.." He told her, tapping her back.

"Thank you, Junhyung." She smiled at him.

 

Little did they know that a pair of eyes is staring at them since a while ago.

"She seems to be close with him now, huh." Seunghyun said as he crumpled the paper that he was holding.

"Yah, Seunghyun hyung! That's your test paper. I thought you'll let Harim see it because you passed?" Jiyong told him.

"Aishh.. Jiyong-ah, do you know that guy?" Seunghyun asked his bestfriend and pointed at the guy who's beside Harim.

"Hmmnn.. I think, he's the new senior student. He's from the other class next to ours." Jiyong explained.

"New student?! Why is he that close to Harim?!"

"I don't know.. Wait.. Yah! Are you jealous?!"

"Ani.."

"Really? I can see that you're angry now by the way you speak.."

"I'm not. I told you she's not my girlfriend in school."

"Even though, hyung! I don't get it why you need to hide your relationship in school. I mean, she's been tutoring you for quite a while now.. You've been improving because of her, you told me that you wanted to meet her expectations of your academic grade that's why you're studying hard now.. Why do you need to hide?" Jiyong asked his friend.

"I'm Choi Seunghyun. People in school, especially the girls should not know about me having a girlfriend. How about my fame, Jiyong?"

"Really? Or are you just afraid that girls might hurt her if they find out that she's your girl. You don't want her to be hurt, don't you? You love her.." Jiyong smiled widely/teasingly.

Seunghyun didn't answer and just gave Jiyong a glare.