Meeting Leeteuk (Kangin, Kyuhuyn, Leeteuk!)

Kangteuk Drabbles


They had been walking for quite sometime before they entered, what they could only assume was a large town at one point in history. It looked deserted and Kangin could only sign heavily. He and Kyuhyun had been wandering from town to town trying to find any survivors, but had little luck. Those they had found had either tried to kill them or had shot themselves in suicide. Not a very good outlook for the re-population of the human species. Though there were many mutants, some people showed no sign of mutation and according to Kyuhyun, remained simple, ordinary humans. There was something about the codon shift not affecting the subsequent protein formation of something else and blah blah blah. Kangin really didn't care. All it meant was that some people, but not all, were normal and some were mutants.

Kangin held out his hand in front of Kyuhyun, causing him to pause mid-step.

"What Kangin?"

"I can hear people running this way. Better hide and see who it is first before we go and introduce ourselves, right?"

Kyuhyun nodded blankly stepping inside the door of the nearest house, closing it only after Kangin had walked in after him and placed himself by the window, putting him in the perfect position to see the street in front of him.

After a few minutes of silence, just Kyuhyun was about to yell at Kangin for another false alarm, a young man came sprinting down the street, a large black cloak pulled over not only his back, but what Kangin and Kyuhyun assumed had to be a backpack, despite the hot and sunny day. His light brown, almost chestnut hair flew about his face and a look of desperation was etched in every pore. Kyuhyun felt a tingle go down his spine.

"He's one of us, Kangin."

Kangin looked at his companion in shock, "Him?! The boy with the weird cloak ?"

Kyuhyun nodded, "You know I can't be wrong."

But before either could say (or argue) any more, more people flooded in all around the man. He was surrounded on all sides and Kangin could barely pick him out from the crowd that surrounded him.

"Any more out there, Kyuhyun?"

"One, but he's weak--like his power never fully developed or something."

A strong voice cut off their conversation.

"Now. Now, Angel. Where are you going?" A man, tall and handsome stepped out from the crowd. He was not old, looking to be in his late 20s, but something about the stance in which he stood made him ooze authority far beyond his age.

The light haired man in the center looked at the ground when he shouted, "Stop calling me Angel! I'm not an Angel!"

The taller man smiled, a look of pity on his face as he reached out to touch the cheek of the other," Angel, you descended from the heavens the moment the mighty winds were over! You are out savior! You will guide us to the holy land of salvation where God will--"

"Shut up!" he smacked the hand away, causing gasps to ripple through the gathered crowd, "Why do you all not remember me?! How can I be an angel when I've lived here my whole life? Siwon, why do you not remember me? We played together when we were little. You visited my house and ate my mothers cooking and...stop that infernal smile!"

The one called Siwon took a step closer to the man in the middle,"We must have met in heaven before I was born on this earth, Angel. You are getting your two lives mixed up. Come back to the sanctum with me and we will continue our service in your almighty presence." He held out his hand for the man to take.

"No."

The smile dropped instantly. "Angel. You must come back to us. We will be beyond salvation without you."

"You all already are!"

Kangin looked at Kyuhyun who was looking carefully at the man in the middle of the throng of people. He didn't know what to do. Obviously, the cloaked man needed help, but was he sane enough to be thankful for it? Was one mutant worth going to put both himself and Kangin at risk?

Just then they both witnessed something completely barbaric that made them sick to their stomachs.

As the cloaked man argued with the taller one, a slim figure of a woman crept up behind the smaller and whacked him upside the head with a brick. The crowd didn't gasp this time. They watched on in stony silence as the body of the man fell to the dirty pavement below, his head falling to the ground with a sickening crack.

Something in Kangin snapped as he watched the man fall. He had done nothing to warrant that attack. Yet, there he was lying dead on the pavement because some stupid religious sect thought he was their messiah and he had refused to play along anymore.

Storming out of their hiding place, Kangin heard Kyuhyun trying to softly call him back. It was no use. Even before his mutation Kangin's rage had been a little on the temperamental and easy to trigger side. Now that he had a little something to back up his rage-induced antics he tended to think a little less and act a little more.  With a shout he grabbed the attention of most of the group around the corpse of the cloak-man.

"I'm taking him with me." Kanin said sharply, picking up the body, noting how light it was, even for him.

"Where are you going with our Angel?" The tall, devilishly handsome one, Siwon, asked a little bit of fire in his eyes.

"I just said, I'm going to take him with me. Are you stupid?" Kangin harrumphed the smaller body over his shoulder. Turning to walk away, Kangin heard footsteps follow his before he heard, more than felt a fist connecting with the back of his head.

Chuckling, Kangin twisted his head a little, just enough to face Siwon--to see his face contorted in disbelief.

"If your gonna throw a punch, be prepared for the fight that will follow. Don't say I didn't warn you." Pulling back his arm a bit, Kangin punched the other man in the face, square in the jaw. There was another sickening crack as bones broke and blood spurted out of Siwon mouth as he went flying backwards from the force kicking up debris and dust as he went. When the air settled, all the people could see was their leader, bloody, battered and bruised. The other man had vanished.

 

______________________________________________

Hur. Hur. Hur.

Can you guess everyone's powers yet? (Though, some you might not be able to, I haven't given you many hints :/ )

 

This is just a small scene from when they meet Leeteuk! :D I hate to make Siwon the bad guy :'[ I promise he won't remain that way in the story. I just needed a quick antagonist for this drabble. <3

 

 

^^