Background of Story (Kangin and Kyuhyun)

Kangteuk Drabbles

Kangin had never believed in god.

When he was younger he went to Mass with his parents (by force) and learned the songs and the correct responses to the preachings. May the Lord be with you. And also with you.

Having grown up, he knew better. There was no God. No God would make a world so beautiful and full of wonders yet undiscovered only to take it away from the thriving population who were content and happy there. No God would let someone destroy the world the way they had. Had it started with China? No, it was the United States. But they had only been threatened by Russia, who was in debt to Germany... Kangin really didn't care--none of them existed now anyways.

What did exist was a strange world much like their old one, yet so different. So few humans were left now--could they even call themselves that anymore? He looked down at his hands and grimaced. No. He wasn't human anymore. He was just a monster.

A monster he may have been, but he still needed company. He found such a companion by the name of Kyuhyun. When the blast had finally died down, almost everyone in the streets was dead or dying. Scientists from all over the world, untapped resources of knowledge, fell and with them they took vast amounts of information that would (probably) never be discovered again. Kyuhyun was one of the very few that had survived. Luckily enough, he was a genius. Barely out of college, just before the world came to a screetching halt he had been the up and coming new authority on Nuclear Genetics. In the short time Kangin had known him, he had worked out that those that had survived due to special sequence of codons within their mitochondrial DNA that let them survive the highly radioactive blast.  However, due to the radiation, the codons changed, reacting vastly different from normal humans that ultimately ended up putting a genetic shuffling effect into place. To put it simply, Kyuhyun had said, "Because we have different DNA, it turned us all into mutants with random powers."

"So what now, smarty pants?"

"First we find out our powers. Then, we find more of us."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

So. This is more of the story. While the first post was all about Kangin and Leeteuk and how they got their powers (any guesses by the way?) It is no where near as refined as I want it to be. And lawl. I thought this up during my Genetics class. It upsets me when there is absolutely no bases for people to gain powers. So I put one in that (at least in my head) makes somewhat sense.

 

^^