Take Me Away (Chapter 16)

Take Me Away

Daehyun POV

"Can I have everyones attention up here please!" Mr. Hong shouted into the microphone that he held. Everyone had stopped what they were doing and formed a small crowd around the stage. The towel I had wipped my sweat with hanged on my shoulder and I sat on the ground wondering what the prinicpal had to tell us. "Good, Good! You all know we are considered Seoul's number one Art high school in the area and have idols themselves attending this school." Everyone looked at one another, I never knew we had idols in this school then again there was a campus that was off limits for us regular students. Made sense now. 

"The annual Talent Show is coming up and this year we have over 30 performances." I raised my eyebrows at Yongguk  and asked him why we were here. He shrugged his shoulders and tossed me my bag. As I was packing my bag and changing out of my sweaty T-shirt, Mr. Hong kept blabbering about how amazing we all were, the talent we all showed and how we should keep up the great work. I was about to head out of the cafe with the gang when the prinicpal mentioned something that was interesting. 

"We'll be having two local agents from two different music companies visiting us on the opening night." The crowd bursted out cheering and screaming that Mr. Hong was the man. Zelo and Himchan were skipping around in excitment. Mr. Hong's cheeks were flushed a rosey colour and he fixed his tie, he looked like as if he accomplished something good. "They have informed me that both companies have been scouting for new trainees and would love to work with you all." I couldn't help smiling at the fact that B.A.P had a chance at becoming idols, this was like a dream for us. 

"But!" But, But , what no buts! Everyone stopped what they were doing and froze at the word Mr. Hong had just uttered.

"But only two of the groups will be picked, or two solo artists. They wished they could have you all but right now that isn't possible." Mr. Hong waved his hand at us all and walked off the stage and out of the room. We all stared at each other, none of us were safe basically. I know B.A.P had potential to become idols, we were pretty strong and were rising in popularity in the school but there was one group that still out did us all. 

"Himchan~!" Kevin came out of nowhere and devoured Himchan in a hug. Himchan shrieked and pulled Kevin off of himself. It was unusually to see Himchan and Kevin hanging out, or the rest of B.A.P and U-Kiss interacting. We all greeted Kevin with a bow. Ukiss was the group that I know for sure will get that contract signed, it was already written in the stars, they had idol potential. 

"Yah Himchan~ah ! You promised you'd go shopping with Kiseop and I today. We're going to Sweethearts." It felt like someone was stepping all over my heart, it ached whenever I heard things associated with Yuri. I regretted kissing Yuri this morning, it was on impulse I just can't seeing her and Kiseop together. I'm jealous! I'm jealous that if Yuri ends of with Kiseop she'll forget me. Himchan ran backstage to grab his stuff and headed off with Kevin, Zelo must have noticed the sudden change in my mood because he gave a light squeeze on my shoulder and smiled.

"It's okay hyung, theres more fishies in the seas." I lightly kicked him in the and flicked his forehead with my fingers. Stupid maknae doesn't understand anything about love. I'll laugh at him when he seriously falls in love with a girl and sees her being taken away. I checked my phone for the time and noticed I was late for the next episode of Love Rain. 

 

My phone wouldn't stop vibrating and I was right in the middle of the newest episode. I could have made the person wait but  whoever was calling me wouldn't let my phone rest, then I guess it was pretty urgent. The caller ID said it was Himchan. I muted the television and answered.

"YOU KISSED YURI! " His voice sounded extra loud and high pitched over the phone. Sigh. I'm assuming that he's still at SweetHearts with Kevin and .. him. 

"Why does it matter. It was just on impluse...I couldn't control myself." I groaned. My head was leaning against the sofas arm and I stared blankly up at the ceiling. It sounded like Himchan was in a washroom because I heard him flushing a toilet and washing his hands. 

"Well...I guess I shouldn't tell you this but..."Himchan was stalling, he wanted to tell me something but must have thought it'd affect m pride. I stretched my legs over the sofa and flipped the remote in my free hand waiting for Himchan to tell me this so called news. He took a deep breath

"It's said Kiseop and Yuri were saw making out on the rooftop." He choked on Kiseop's name. The remote that was soaring in the air now landed flat on my face creating a noise from the impact. Himchan was whimpering on the other line waiting for the second I'd curse at him so telling me. I was stone, nothing could affect me at this point, it almost seemed like I didn't care. My poker face morphed into a smirk and I started to chuckle. It was disgusting fighting over a girl like this, isn't it obivous that Yuri should be with me, I know her best. I know her weak points, the beauty mark that's located on the back of her neck, and we used to bath together when we were little. Why did a girl have to come into my life and mess it up!? 

"Yah Daehyun~ah are you alright?" He sounded concern for me and my well being. I must sound crazy laughing, laughing at the fact the girl I loved kissed another man. I bit my lip and blood started to tickle down my chin, look what jealousy was doing to me. I was going crazy. 

"Hyung~ What do I do? I'm so lost." My eyes stinged as tears started to roll down my cheeks, dripping over my lip and I tasted the saltiness. Himchan made a noise that showed his sympathy it wasn't helping.

"I'm sorry theres not much I can do, just ...just don't give up."I grumbled a goodbye and hung up on him. Don't give up, Don't give up some advice hyung! I looked around the living room trying to find some kleenex and gave up to use my t-shirt as a substitute. I heard the front door creak open and ran to my room, my mother can't see me like this she'd be worried. In my room it looked empty, temporary I had taken down all photos of Yuri, anything that reminded of me of her was now locked away deep inside my closet. I slumped in my desk chair no enegry to sit up straight or even bother to act like my cheery self. 

"ARGH! Why couldn't I be made out of stone." I moaned. My laptop had been left on and Twitter was still open, everyone was tweeting about the scandalous news. The fangirl who had caught them posted a picture, this was my first time seeing Yuri kissing another guy, Kiseop to be more specific. It was weird, they were tangled in each other arms, I couldn't really see her expression but his looked erted. He must have been in heaven during the time, his faced looked so calm and flushed. Then I finally remembered what I promised him. I promised him I wouldn't let Yuri be taken without a challenge. Ha! I slapped my laptop shut and walk over to my window. The sun was finally setting and a purple colour took over the horizon. No one is allowed to lay a finger upon Yuri's skin. 

 

"Today there isn't any practice so we'll all headover to my place afterschool and chill. We need a break." Yongguk handed us the revised music sheets for our performance songs except to Youngjae because we knew he'd loose it. Zelo strapped his mask on his neck and bowed to us all. If I recall when we first met Zelo he said he wore the mask because he was self consious about him chin, kind of the way I am about my voice. 

"Well I might be a bit late afterschool, I have to do some shopping for my mom." Youngjae said. Yongguk didn't care what we did afterschool if he told us to come over to his place he expects us to go. 

"Same I have basketball practice." Jongup raised his hand as if he need permission to talk. Yongguk whacked Jongup in the arm with his rolled up paper and we all snickered. He rolled his eyes and just told us to be at his place no matter what. Told you! The bell rang telling us all to get our asses out of the cafe and onto the next class we had. I hadn't seen Yuri at all during lunch neither Su Ah or any member of UKISS , have they heard the rumors yet. When I walked off the bus today the student body had already been whispering about Kiseop and Yuri, saying stupid things like they had on the rooftop or Kiseop was about to jump off because he knew Yuri and I were a couple. I have no idea how I came into these rumors, I didn't even know people knew  I was close with Yuri. Of course we all know where these lies started, from the mouths of KISSME , heck even BABYs have been joining in. Even though Yuri and I weren't talking that doesn't mean I have no right to worry about her safety. She had just recovered from Uee's attack and was still vulnerable to anyone else. I felt a tap on my shoulder and found myself face to face with Uee herself, speak of the devil. 

"I saw Yuri yesterday and apologized. And don't dare to think just because I stooped that low that I still don't have power." She said proudly with a snap of her fingers. 

"Wah really! So the ever so powerful Uee can have a soft side." Some random girl bumped shoulders with me and gave me a dirty look as if it was my fault I hadn't moved out of the way. Uee growled at the girl and she ran off frightened. 

"Better watch out or you'll be the next one." I knew what she meant, I'd be next in line for rumors. 

"The only thing I'm being taken part of is I'm her boyfriend and that I broke her heart which made her run to Kiseop to have ." Uee held her breath so she wouldn't break out laughing. It wasn't funny at all, who would create such a sick and disgusting joke like that. We walked into English class to meet a dozen or so pair of eyes watch us like hawks as we took our seats. Uee turned around in her seat and crossed one leg over the other. 

"Tsk! People should keep their eyes glued to their textbook to learn something smart." She warned the class, one girl yelped and went straight to studying her English text. I copied the homework the teacher had assigned on the board into my notebook and would have gotten a head start on it if Uee didn't have to talk.

"If the KissMe's and even some BABYs keep this up Yuri is going to be in some turmoil." Uee whispered, we couldn't trust anyone around us. I tried to distract myself doodling in my notebook but it wasn't working, I knew Yuri wasn't safe I didn't need her to tell me. Even she probably knows of the mess she's in, Kevin or  Himchan told her. Uee leaned on my desk ignoring her work and no matter how many times I moved her elbow off the table she kept coming back. "Maybe you should talk to her....see if she's alright." Uee stood up brushed her skirt and walked out of the classroom, probably going to the washroom to fix her make-up. If Yuri didn't want to talk then I wasn't going to try either, we needed two people to make this work out. 

 

School had just ended and I was on my way to Yongguk's place if God hadn't thrown an obstacle in my way. Just a couple of feet ahead of me I noticed a small figure walking alongside a fairly tall toned guy. Yuri and Kiseop. I squinted to make sure it was them and noticed they had quite the distance. They seemed awkward in a way, Eli jumped from a group of girls and held Kiseop in a headlock teasing him. Yuri stopped to giggle and allow the two boys to walk in front so they could have bonding time. That's when God activated his plan. I didn't have enough time to look away or to turn my back. Time felt like it had slowen down, her hair swayed in the wind, my heart beat sounded loud inside my chest, and our eyes had locked a static being sent to each other. None of us moved, none of us blinked, we just stood there frozen in time. If I were to look back on this day I'd believe I was the first one to make the move, it was like learning how to walk all over again. I had to tell myself to place one foot infront of the other and try not to trip. I was shaking, my throat was dry and I was sweating like a pig. 

"Yuri." No to silent she'd never hear it from the spot she was glued too. Come on speak up boy! Each breath she took the wind blew it towards me, dragging the smell of her perfume along also. Goosebumps appeared on my arms.

"Yuri!" My voice cracked and a smile broke on her face. Okay good, so far so good. My pace quicken when she gave me a nod telling me she acknowledged my presence. Now that I was in front of her it got awkward, it was like a cloud floated above our heads. She stared at her shoes while I looked at my nails.

"Uhmm.."I cleared my throat, why did I call out to her again.

"I think it'd be best for the both of us if we put aside our memories." I blurted out. Both of us were shocked at what I had just said. Put our memories aside, what the hell was I saying. Tears sprang from my eyes, why was I crying. This wasn't what I wanted to talk about, nothing close. Yuri had a frown on her face, her eyebrows crunched up and she held onto her bag straps hard. I was making sounds I never thought I'd make, I bit my fist thinking it'd stop these emotions. 

"Wae?" Her voice was unsteady. We haven't talked for weeks and this is how I make up for that, breaking her heart.

"I know I'm going to regret this but I cannot love you and be your friend all at the same time." People who were passing by took a few moments to see what was happening between us, my tears were to obvious. I wipped them off with the back on my hand but they kept flowing, please stop. My heart felt like it had just dropped to my where my stomach was, there was this weird feeling inside me. I can't describe it but it felt like someone I cared for had just died. Yuri started to get the sniffles, rubbing her nose none stop muttering 'this isn't happening.' 

"We can still be friends! I don't mind that you kissed me just please don't say that. I was hoping this wouldn't happen." The gasps came from the crowd of peope who had gathered around us. Now she was in deep trouble. I pulled her into a hug, embracing her everything will be alright. She took her frustation out on me by punching my chest, sobbing, snot running down her nose. I'm such a douche bag.

"I'm sorry Yuri. I didn't want this to happen either but I can't chase after you if I know we're friends." I held her small wrist in both my hands. I leaned foreward and placed a small kiss on her cheek. I somehow managed to bare a smile through my tear soaked and snotty face. I can't protect her anymore the way I used to, I can't call out to her the way I used to. If I truly wanted to chase after Yuri I couldn't let the past interfer with the present, thats why I was always holding back. I released her wrist and watched as they went limp by her side. My heart ached, this pain it was killing me. I bowed to her in respect and made my way through the body of people. Kiseop ran past me our shoulders colliding, he cursed under his breath but I disregarded it. 

"Daehyun!" She cried.

"DAEHYUN!" She shouted.

"DAEHYUN COME BACK!"  She fell to the ground sobbing. I ran from the school, past the park, and colllapsed in front of Yongguk~hyung's front door. I didn't ring the doorbell but he was there already, by my side lending me his chest to cry on. 

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I kept repeating those words. Yongguk just said 'I told you so' in his husky voice but he never moved, just let me stay there crying.