Day 18 and 19

My Stupid Cupid

Siwon’s POV

Day 18

Yuri was standing in the balcony under the moonlight as she admired the view and sipped a glass of wine. Her hair was flying in the wind and even from behind, she was a sight to behold. I had to tell myself not to lose control because I wanted to wrap my arms around her from behind and kiss the side of her face so badly.

“Yuri.” I gently called out her name as she turned around slowly to face me.

“Did you hear from Minho today?”

“He asked me out for dinner tomorrow. I said yes.”

“That’s great to hear. Have fun.”

I meant that, but I didn’t mean it as well. I’m glad that she said yes so there’s a huge chance this will develop into something and my mission is accomplished. But knowing that a girl I sort of like is going out with someone else upsets me.

“You don’t look too happy,” said Yuri.

I was unconsciously frowning as I thought about the situation and quickly put on my poker face to act like nothing was going on.

“I was just thinking… where he’ll take you. That’s all.”

I forced a smile at Yuri even though it took all the happiness inside of me to act like I was indeed happy. Yes I will be happy if Yuri is happy and I know Minho can give her that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuri’s POV

Day 19

I never can understand what’s going on in Siwon’s head. It’s obvious that he likes me yet he’s pushing me to Minho for whatever reason. I’m not going to put down my pride and make a move on him again. But if that makes him happy then I’m cool with that. Minho seems like a pretty good guy and he’s definitely more eligible than Siwon, status wise. I like Siwon but if he can’t give me what I need in a man then he’s no longer an option. I’m going to have to try to get over him like I did over that douchebag.

Here I am, riding in Minho’s sparkling new car down the streets of Seoul. He’s sneaking peeks at me occasionally but not saying a word. I’m trying so hard not to feel awkward but he’s making me feel worse.

“Minho, where are we heading for dinner?” I asked. I had to break the silence which was killing me.

“There’s an Italian restaurant on N Seoul Tower which serves pretty good pasta. It’s got a great ambience too.”

Did it really have to be the same place where I started to have feelings for Siwon? Now I can’t stop thinking of how sweet and adorable he was when he carried me up the mountain. I always wanted a guy to piggyback me and he did without me having to ask. He didn’t have to do that but he did it, for me. Maybe for us but obviously he doesn’t care about winning as much as me.

“That sounds nice.”

It was silence as Minho’s car started to ascend the mountain. I wasn’t thinking about anything in particular as I tried to get Siwon out of my mind. I’m out on a date with his cousin but all I could think about was the memories we shared here. Yuri, get a grip!

“Screech…..”

That was a loud noise that came from below the car before it came to a halt.

“What happened?” I asked. Honestly I was a little scared because we were on a dark, quiet road alone.

“I’ll get off and take a look.”

Minho got off the car while I stayed in the car and took deep breaths. Yuri, there’s nothing to be scared of. It’s just the sun has set and the trees are swaying in the wind.

“The tires are flat. I must have run over something sharp some time ago,” said Minho as he got back into the car. “I’ll make a call to get help.”

I sat there and cursed at our bad luck silently as Minho made a call. It just had to happen on our first date, on the mountain, with no one around. My stomach growled and I was utterly embarrassed as Minho shifted his attention to me.

“Help will come in twenty minutes. They are kind of understaffed at this time of the night. I’m sorry about that. I hate to make you starve on our first day.”

Minho sounded so apologetic and those puppy eyes he gave me made me unable to be mad at him. Honestly it wasn’t his fault so I didn’t really blame him in the first place. I was just blaming our luck.

“No problem, I can wait for another hour even. Please ignore my stomach,” I replied with a smile to let him know everything was alright and he didn’t have to worry.

Minho rubbed his hand on the back of his head while he looked nervous.

“Thank you for agreeing to have dinner with me today. I know this may sound a little weird to you but I was attracted to you from the day we met at the park.”

“We met before the tennis game?” I honestly couldn’t quite remember how we met. He did look a little familiar to me but I dismissed it as his resemblance to Siwon.

Minho nodded and grinned. “I was the guy who fell over you about two weeks ago.”

“Oh right, yes. I remember that. So it was you. What a small world.”

Now that he mentions it, I have a faint impression of what happened that day. I didn’t think too much about it because it wasn’t a big deal. But for Minho, it was attraction at first sight. Wow, I didn’t know I was that beautiful while I was all sweaty and dressed in old clothes.

“I thought you were Hyung’s girlfriend when I watched the variety show but Hyung told me it was all an act. I was so relieved to hear that and he even wanted to help me get to know you. He thinks we’re great for each other.”

Minho blushed as he completed his sentence and looked me deeply in the eyes. Oh man, he reminds me too much of my admirers in high school. Minho is still obviously a big kid at heart.

I stayed silent for a while because I didn’t know what to say. Thankfully, help arrived and we were soon on our way to the restaurant.

Dinner was… awkward. The restaurant was filled with many couples who were deeply in love already, with their hands all over each other. Our table was right smack in the middle of the restaurant so we could see everything that was happening around us. I tried to keep my attention on the food as Minho continued to sneak glances at me. I really felt bad for staying silent but there was absolutely nothing in my mind to say at that moment. I didn’t even know him well and I wanted to give myself a chance to know him well but it just didn’t feel right. Minho’s the kind of quiet boy who keeps to himself a lot and I think he was afraid to say something wrong and blow his chances.

Dessert arrived and I started to get a little high on the alcohol which makes me start to blabber. I made conversation with Minho as we talked about casual topics like where we like to hang out or the latest movies we caught.

He sent me home and before I got off the car, he thanked me for a wonderful night.

“I had a wonderful time with you too. Thank you, Minho. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

As I got off the car, I started to feel a little bad that things may not have gone very well. I tried my best to open myself up but it’s hard. Not after what happened last time. I suddenly realize why I have been avoiding serious dating for so long. I have no more faith in love, at least not for now. Oh and it didn’t help that my interest lies in another guy, the stupid cupid between Minho and I. 

When I got home, Siwon and Tiffany were sitting next to each other sharing popcorn and watching a chick-flick. They were laughing happily and Tiffany hit Siwon on the shoulder playfully. I stood there silently and observe them. Tiffany grabbed a handful of popcorn and stuffed it into Siwon’s mouth to shut him up when he laughed too loudly.

Honestly, this was the first time I had ever seen Tiffany so close to a guy. That smile on her face was priceless. She never seemed so happy with anyone else except me before. I always asked Tiffany why she was still single but she always brushed me off saying there’s no guy that can ever get her attention.

Maybe the guy is meant to be Siwon. Maybe they are meant to be together. They were at loggerheads at first but that’s how most couples begin anyway. At least that’s what happens in shows.

I shut the door and walked towards my room, hoping not to disrupt their movie session.

“Yuri, how was the date?” Tiffany asked with her hand pressed on Siwon’s mouth to prevent his laughter from preventing us from having a conversation.

“It was fun… You two continue having fun without me. I’m tired. I’ll have a shower and rest for the night.”

I hastily retreated into my room before Tiffany could reply. Even behind closed doors I could hear their conversation and laughter. They were happy but I felt miserable. 

-------------------------------------

What bad luck for Minho :P But things seem to be looking up for Sifany ;)