D-Day

Baking For Your Heart

 

Sehun’s POV

 

I was running late for class when a group of girls suddenly blocked my way.

“Oppa…” One girl tried to say cutely, though it only sounded nauseating to me.

“Go on, give it.” The girl beside her nudged her forward.

“I am not your oppa. You’re a freaking second year.” I hissed.

“Se-Sehun-ah. Can you please accept this cake I made for you?” The girl stammered as he handed out a box she was holding.

“No, I won’t. I hate cakes, especially made by girls like you. Now, scram.” I said coldly before pushing them aside to go inside the classroom.

The teacher scolded for me for being late for… two minutes. I mentally cursed the girls for making my day bad like this.

I was not a hater of girls before. I was actually a very sweet boy back then. I would always smile whenever someone gave me gifts but all that changed when I went to middle school. Because my circle of friends was handsome and cool, girls started to follow us even to our houses that it drove me crazy. My privacy was violated and I could not go out of the house without a girl following me, sometimes even guys. That’s when I thought that I was being too kind to them before and that I have to change so since then, I put on this emotionless mask but girls were still everywhere.

“Hey, classes are over.” Kyungsoo said, bringing me back to my senses.

“Sehun-ah. Your fangirls are back. Hey, girls.” Jongdae greeted before the girls leaving the room.

“This is going to be bad. I can feel it.” Kyungsoo said as he felt me fuming beside him.

“Sehun-ah. Keep your cool. They’re girls, don’t bully them.” Jongin patted my back trying to ease my annoyance.

“Sehun-ah, we have all gathered here to give our love to you. Today is officially the 100th day of your fan club.” My jaw dropped. What the hell? I didn’t even know I had a fan club.

“Get out.” I said without any hesitation.

“B-but…” The girl choked.

“Come on, Sehun-ah. Lighten up. I see that they’ve prepared a lot for this, why don’t you just try them?” Jongin smiled to the girls. Jongin really has that ability to make you agree to things you hated.

“Okay, guys. Why don’t you all put your home-made cakes and chocolates in these tables and Sehun will try all of them? Whoever owns the cake that Sehun likes will go on a date with him. Plus us, if you want.” All the girls squealed, filling the room with noise. I, on the other hand, could not get any more annoyed than I already was.

“Jongin-ah… Who said you have the permission of making me go out on a date with one of them?” I glared at Jongin.

“Me.” Kyungsoo smiled mischievously before turning to the girls. “Okay. Let’s start, shall we?”

From behind the crowd, I saw Jongdae go inside with his new boyfriend Minseok and the school council vice president. What is he doing here? Was he out here to scold us for making a scene in school?

I never met the school council vice president before but I know him. I saw him on the day of the school orientation. I was running off to the school gym when I first laid my eyes on him and he was breath-taking. He was too beautiful to be a man and too cute to be old, his eyes showed purity and his smile showed sincerity. Behind the pretty face though, he was fierce on the dance floor. I could not help but be awestruck when I saw him performing with Jongin one time. Jongin was, of course, the best dancer among them but there was something about the way the older boy moved that made my gaze fixed to him. But despite my admiration for this senior of mine, I never had the chance to speak to him. No one knows about this infatuation of mine, even Jongin.

“Sehun-ah. Mind if I add another cake for you to taste?” Jongdae beamed as I nodded. Well, another cake wouldn’t kill me.

 

So there… I ate every sweet that was on the table but after taking a bite, I felt nothing. No matter how sweet and delicious the cakes and chocolates were, it did not appeal my taste.

“Well, this is the last cake. You ready?” Jongin put the cake in front of me and I sighed in defeat.

I started out with a small bite but as soon as the piece of cake melted in my mouth, my mind seemed to go blank and I couldn't stop eating. I heard gasps around me as I gobbled the cake down.

“It’s seem like we found Sehun’s girl.” Kyungsoo announced and at the corner of my eye, I saw Jongdae shift uncomfortably.

“So who’s cake is this?” Jongin looked at the box of the cake. “There’s no name in it.”

I grabbed the box and peeked to see a letter hiding inside. I took it out and saw my beautifully handwritten name. I opened it and my eyes widen.

 

Sehun-ah.

 

I know that you might not have noticed me before but just to let you know… the moment I laid my eyes on you, I felt complete.

I also know that you’re a straight guy and receiving a cake from the same gender must be weird for you but I poured all my feelings for you in this cake in hopes of you liking it.

I give this cake to let you know my feelings and I am not asking for anything in return. I just want you to appreciate the cake.

 

Lu Han

 

“Who is it from?” Jongin grabbed the letter from me and his eyes darted towards the crowd.

“L-Lu Han?” He managed to say. The crowd gasped as they heard the name.

“Lu Han? The school council vice president?” I heard one whisper.

“You mean he’s gay? I knew he was too cute to be a guy.” The other said.

“This is some sick joke, isn’t it?” One complained.

“How can Lu Han sunbae’s cake be eaten by Sehun and ours wasn’t?” Another one whined.

“Will you all please shut up your blabbering?” Someone shouted from the back. All were astonished.

 

The crowd suddenly shifted as someone was making his way to the front. I saw Jongdae’s boyfriend come out of the crowd with a trembling Lu Han hiding from behind.

“Minseok-ah. This is not right.” Lu Han protested as Minseok started to move towards me. Minseok was gripping on Lu Han’s wrist, not wanting him to escape.

“This is your chance. You’ve been waiting for this, haven’t you?” He said before pushing me to the table. Lu Han pouted as he comforted his aching wrist. He froze the moment I stood up.

“So you were the one who made this?” I pointed to the cake that was now gone. He nodded but did not say anything.

“I like it.” I admitted, making him now lift his head. He froze again as his eyes met mine.

“Y-you liked it?” He stammered.

“Yes, I liked it… and I’m glad.” I leaned closer. His cheeks were now blushing lightly.

“G-glad?”

“Yes, I’m glad… because you were the one who baked it.” His titled his head in confusion.

“It means he likes you, stupid!” I heard Minseok whispered harshly from the side. Lu Han’s eyes were now as big as Kyungsoo’s.

“Thank you for explaining.” I said sarcastically before returning to Lu Han. “I like you, Lu Han hyung. Ever since I saw you during the school orientation.”

“I-I… I don’t know what to say… I mean, I-I… I didn’t know you noticed me back then. That was the first time I saw you too and I was mesmerized.” He looked down, trying to hide his face that was now beet red.

“Then I guess we’re the same then.” I lifted his chin, making him to look at me.

“Do you want to go out with me?” I smiled.

No words came out from his mouth but I knew the answer as he suddenly jumped to hug me. I laughed and hugged him back.

“Are you going to include us on your date, then?” Jongin asked from the side. I rolled my eyes and broke from the embrace.

“No, Lu Han’s going on a date with me… and me alone.” I stuck my tongue out at Jongin and earned a snicker from him.

I turned back to Lu Han hyung who was looking at me with his innocent-looking eyes and before I could stop myself, I planted a kiss on his forehead. “I like you.”

 

 

 

A/N: Finished this twoshot at last~! :D
I feel so giddy right now~ and hungry... I want a cake!!! ^.^