Lu Han's Dilemma

Baking For Your Heart

 

Lu Han’s POV

 

Finally, the start of second semester.

It has only been a few months since I first saw this freshman running through the gym for the school’s orientation. It was the first time I had ever been mesmerized by a guy. I did not know I was gay until I saw that him. His hair was dark and styled like a mushroom but as he ran, I could see how perfect his forehead was. His face was flawless, so perfect that I could not even point out a flaw. Well, if his y droopy eyes were a flaw, then I guess he does have one. But who would think it was a flaw when it fit his face perfectly? His droopy eyes made him look cute and y at the same time. He was tall as well, much taller than me. He was perfect and I wanted him.

But being the school council’s vice president and dance club president hindered me from knowing this guy truly. I had to keep up with my image as a role model and I couldn’t just announce my love for him in front of the school population. And that is why for the past semester, all I’ve done was to take quick glances whenever he around and listen to gossips about him. I found out on the first week of the first semester that he was Oh Sehun, a freshman on the section 1-B. He was the newest flower boy in the school, along with his friends Jongin, Chanyeol and Jongdae. He had so many fan girls swarming around him that I almost lost my self-control once. On the second week, I found out that he was a dancer but he was too annoyed with the attention he was getting that he was afraid it would only get bigger when he joins the dance club. His friend Jongin though joined and we became friends almost instantly. Jongin hadn’t introduced me to Sehun yet because I always have some lame excuse not to meet him, like having to do an errand for my mother or suddenly having a meeting in the council. Jongin didn’t suspect me then so I was safe.

 

“Lu Han!!!” A very happy Minseok was waving at me in front of the school gate the moment he saw me.

“What’s up with you this morning? You look… blooming.” I asked. Minseok sure was blooming, with his puffy cheeks blushing and his eyes twinkling.

“Well… I have something to tell you.” Minseok looked on the ground, trying to hide his blush.

“What the heck are you doing?” I gaped ate him.

“Minseok-ah!!!” A voice came from behind, I looked to see an overly smiling Jongdae waving at us, or to Minseok, I guessed.

“Oh, here he comes. Baby, I missed you.”  Minseok hugged Jongdae as soon as he reached them. I stared at them with my mouth open. What is going on here?!

“Oh, Lu Han sunbae. Good morning.” Jongdae finally noticed me staring and greeted me.

“Hmm… Lu Han. This is what I was going to tell you. We’re kinda… like, together.” Minseok hesitated.

“What?!” My eyes widen from shock. I didn’t know that they had a thing for each other. I didn’t even know that they knew each other.

“Like… boyfriends.” Minseok added. I didn’t answer and stared at him, trying to process what he just said. When I understood the situation, I quickly hugged the both of them.

“I’m so happy for you!!!” I squealed. Some people looked at me.

“R-really? I thought you were against it ‘cause you had this weird look on your face a while ago.” Minseok breathed in relief.

“I just had a hard time processing it in my mind. But, I get it now. I’m really happy for you.” I smiled honestly and patted their backs.

“Thank you. Shall we go to class then?” Minseok turned to Jongdae who happily nodded.

I walked to class with the two of them hand-in-hand. I wish I was like that with Sehun.

 

A few weeks later, there was a lot of buzzing around the school. I wasn’t supposed to listen to gossips but then my ears found their way to a group’s conversation.

“Have you heard? Another girl is going to challenge Sehun’s wrath.” My eyes quickly darted to the group of girls.

“What? Are you serious? Another girl’s going to cry today.” One girl laughed and the rest followed. I ignored the rest of their chitchat and “passed by” the room of 1-B. There, I saw Sehun with his friends talking and from that look on his face, I know he must be complaining about something. I tried to nonchalantly pass by their room without looking like I was eavesdropping.

“The girls in this school is crazy, I tell you. How can they continue to give me gifts when I don’t want it?!” Sehun groaned in irritation.

“Sehun, you’re handsome, you’re popular. That’s why. Just get used to it like we did. It’s actually fun, you know.” Jongin patted his back, trying to make him calm.

The school bell rang and I hurriedly went off to class.

 

“Lu Han, where did you go?” Minseok eyed me suspiciously.

“Nowhere, just here and there.” I calmly said.

“Yeah right. Jongdae said you were passing by their classroom for a long time.” Minseok chuckled.

“W-what?! How did he see me?! And how can you know about it so fast?!” I asked him, shocked.

“Duh, cellphone? Of course he texted me. He said you looked like you were waiting or something.” He said.

“Oh my gosh. Did you tell him?!” I shook Minseok.

“W-what?... Oh, that. Of course not.” I released him and sighed.

“Lu Han. When are you ever going to confess your feelings to Sehun?” He asked, his eyes focused on me.

“Hmm… Never?” I said, earning a smack on the head from Minseok.

“You’re going to graduate soon, Lu Han. Don’t tell me you’re going to keep that forever? Loosen up, Lu Han. You don’t get to do this every day.” Minseok patted my back, encouraging me.

“But… what would I do? I mean, there are literally thousands of girls flocking around him every day trying to confess and he hasn’t even batted an eyelash.” I sunk in my seat, imagining how Sehun would ignore me like he did with all those girls.

“Lu Han…” He started. “You’re pre--- handsome. You’re intellectual but outgoing, you’re maniac when it comes to books but you’re a killer on the dance floor. Why wouldn’t Sehun notice you?”

“You’re just saying that ‘cause you’re my best friend.” I sighed.

“I want to punch you right now, you know that? Why don’t you believe in yourself a bit more? Come on, I’ll help you.” I lifted my head to see Minseok overflowing with happiness.

“Fine. What do we do then?” I smiled weakly.

“We’re going baking!” He said before turning his attention on the teacher who just went inside the classroom.

This better be a good idea. I don’t even know how to fry an egg! I thought before letting myself turn back to the studious Lu Han.

 

After class, Minseok hurriedly dragged me out of the classroom. We went to the school entrance to wait for our other friend, Yixing. Yixing was in a different section from us so we don’t get to hang out as often as before but since Yixing is the same as Minseok, both are cooking enthusiast and my best friend since I was five, Minseok thought it was a good idea to take Yixing with us. It took ten minutes for Yixing to arrive and Minseok nagged him about being slow before we could go to grocery.

 

Because I did not know anything about baking, I let them handle the grocery shopping.

“Do you have any cake in mind? What cake do you want to give him?” Yixing asked as we entered the supermarket.

“Hmm…” I thought for a while. “I want to make fresh cream cake, with lots of fruit decorations.”

“Good idea. That cake is ideal for confessing.” Yixing agreed, making me blush a little shade of red.

The two happily gathered all the ingredients as I roam around the supermarket looking for something to eat. I saw bubble tea being sold on the other side of the supermarket and happily bought one for myself. When I got back, Minseok and Yixing were already on the counter. I walked to them and handed them money. Once we were finished, we went straight to my house.

 

“So… what do we do?” I cheerfully asked. I was getting a bit more excited than before now that all the ingredients are set up on the kitchen table.

“First, line these two with parchment paper.” Yixing gave me the parchment paper and two circle pans. I looked at them like I was solving a math problem. Minseok sighed and told me how to line the pans.

“Get a bowl and put in half of the sugar we measured. Then put in the egg yolk, Lu--- Minseok, you put in the yolk. Don’t forget to put in vanilla extract.” Yixing instructed and added, “While you two are busy there, I’ll do the egg whites.”

The baking lesson ended after an hour and a half. Yixing and Minseok fell on the couch and watched television while I stayed in the kitchen and tried to do the cake on my own. The cake did not look as good as the cake I did with Yixing and Minseok but it did taste quite as good. The two stayed over at my house and the three of us had a heart-to-heart conversation about love before going to sleep.

“So… how did you and Jongdae got together? We didn’t even notice there was something between you two before.” Yixing prodded.

“Well, there really was nothing between us before. It all started during summer vacation. We got close when we worked part-time on the same store. It was all by chance, or fate as I say it. You know we don’t talk much with each other before, right? Me being in the same club with him didn’t make me closer to him, this job did. So yeah… we got to know each other and eventually developed feelings and before we knew it, we were confessing to each other.” Minseok smiled so bright that he was literally glowing.

“That is so sweet.” Yixing squealed. I did not know Yixing could squeal like a girl, it was the first time it happened.

“So what about you then?” Yixing asked when he calmed down.

“What about me?” I titled my head in confusion.

“Have you thought of what you’ll say when you confess to him tomorrow?” Yixing asked in an irritated voice.

“Well, yeah, I think. I’ll give him the cake with a letter inside.” I answered.

“Then…?” Minseok was the one to ask then, he got so curious that he leaned closer.

“Then… I’m going to leave.” I said.

“You’re hopeless!” Yixing groaned before turning to the bed to sleep. Minseok laughed a little before turning to sleep as well. I went to bed and thought of all the possible outcomes for tomorrow. I got nervous as all the possibilities that popped in my turned out to be on the negative side. I worried myself to sleep and before I knew it, it was d-day.

 

 

 

A/N: Part 1 posted~! I'll be doing Part 2 right now. :))
Thanks for reading~!!! Hope you're not disappointed~ :3