April 14th, 1912. Lee Taemin.

Never Brighter (SHINee) (Titanic)

 

April 14th, 1912. Lee Taemin.

We stayed there for a while, panting in each others arms, until we heard a loud bang on the door, which Minho had locked. I sat up quickly.

"They're trying to break the door!" I hissed. Minho wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck from behind me. 

"Time to leave." he grinned, before grabbing his clothes and stepping out of the car to get dressed. He seemed to have no problem with being at all. I was a bit more embarrassed, and I got dressed inside the car. He helped me jump out of it and didn't let go of my hand as he slammed the door close and ran towards a big pile of boxes. We hid behind it, just in time. The lock gave in and the door opened with a loud noise. Some crew lids with flashlights came walking in. One of them noticed the car with the fogged windows and pointed at the shape of Minho's hand that was still there. They opened the door.

"Got you!" One of them screamed. Minho squeezed my hand and we tiptoed to the door, which they had left unguarded. We walked out in silence and started running when we were a safe distance away, so they couldn't hear our footsteps. My eyes were watering from holding back my laugh as we reached the deck of the ship.

"Did you see those guys' faces?" Minho laughed as we ran to the middle of the deck, we were the only ones outside, it was probably already past midnight. I laughed with him and leaned against his chest, resting my head on his shoulder. He smiled and put his arms around me, caressing my hair. I snuggled closer to him. My lips almost touched his again, but I pulled back in shock when I heard a loud bell ringing. 

"!" someone screamed from above us. Another person was ringing the bell. I was about to send them a dirty glare, but then I realized he wasn't screaming to us. The horrified look on his face was focused to something ahead of the ship, and when I turned around to look, I gasped. A huge iceberg was right ahead of us. Minho saw to, and as soon as he did, his grip tightened around me.

"Holy …" He whispered. I wasn't able to say a word. We just stood there, watching the iceberg come closer. A part of the crew was starting to gather at the deck, watching in horror. 

 

"It's going to hit us!" One of them yelled, and he ran back inside. Minho's grip around my waste got even tighter and I felt him squeeze the air out of my longs as the side of the ship hit the iceberg, big pieces of it landing on the deck. Minho pushed me away and we fell, rolling to the other side of the deck. I screamed his name when I felt his warmth leaving me. The ship was shaking, and I tried my best to stand up straight. Minho was laying right beside me. He quickly got up and grabbed my hand. Some crew members walked by, and we overheard their conversation.

"Why didn't they turn?!"

"They saw it too late, sir."

"Close all the lower compartments. Tell the passengers we're having a little problem with the engines. I don't want everyone to panic when there's no need for it."

"Sir… I'm afraid that there actually is need for it."

 

"This is bad…" Minho whispered.

"We have to go warn Kibum and the others." I said, my voice shaking in fear. Minho nodded and we ran inside, heading for the suites. When we arrived in the right hallway, Jonghyun's body guard/spy was standing outside.

"I see you've returned." He said. I nodded and walked into the sitting room with Minho and the bodyguard right behind me.

"Jonghyun, we have a problem!" I said.

"Yes, we do." Jonghyun chuckled. "Two things very dear to me have disappeared today. Now that one has returned, I think I know where to find the other. Take him away, guys." Jonghyun pointed in Minho's direction and two crew members that were in the room started to search through his clothes.

"Is this it, sir?" one of them said, holding up a bright shining necklace. It was the one Jonghyun had given to me. I gasped. Minho did too, looking at it in horror.

"What is- What?! Don't you believe them Taemin! You know I would never steal from you!" I shook my head, confused, as I looked up at Jonghyun.

"No…" I managed. "He couldn't have! I was with him the whole time!" Jonghyun brought his face closer to mine and grabbed my chin painfully, letting the necklace slip in the pocket of his jacket. 

"Maybe he took it while you were putting your clothes back on, sweetheart." He spit out the last word. I shivered, tears appearing in my eyes as the crew started to work Minho out of the suite.

"No! Taemin! Don't believe him! Taemin!" I screamed his name and tried to get out of Jonghyun's tight grip, but there was no way. They slammed the door close behind them and he was gone. 

 

Jonghyun's hand painfully slammed my cheek, leaving it red and aching. 

"You filthy little ." He hissed. I looked down, fighting my tears in vain. "How dare you pull a stunt like this? You are going to regret this, mister. There is no one, not a single person out there, who cares about you. Be thankful that I accepted to marry you, because really, you've got nothing more to offer than that pretty face, now do you?" I didn't respond, I just stood there, listening to him as he kept on insulting me. 

He stopped when the door opened without a warning knock. I looked at the crew member who appeared in the door with begging eyes. He looked back at me, a bit confused, and I could tell that he knew that this wasn't the right time for him to interrupt.

"Sir," he looked at Jonghyun, for it was clear that he was 'boss' around here. "We need you to put on your life-vests and get to the life boats right now."