Chapter 15

We Could Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seunghyun took a deep breath and smiled at the smell of Seoul’s air. He was home. After 5 long ing years away, he was finally home again. He lift his suitcase and continued to walk to the arrival door.

                “Uncle Seunghyun!!!” Seunghyun heard a small voice calling him, and he walked faster when he saw those figures waving at him.

                “Yoodae-ah!!!!!” Seunghyun finally arrived in front of them, dropping his bag so he can lift the little boy and spin him. The little boy giggled and screamed happily, hugging the tall man’s neck tightly. “I missed you. Have you been a good boy?” Seunghyun asked him as he stabled the boy on his hips. Yoodae nodded and told him that he even tied his shoes by himself today. Seunghyun told him how a good boy he was while walking towards the beautiful lady in a black dress and short hair, waiting for him to greet her.

                “I thought I was invisible here,” Seunghyun laughed and kissed Hyeyoon’s cheek and hugged her. “I missed you. I’m glad you decided to move back here.”

                “Yeah,” Seunghyun smiled as he burried his face in Hyeyoon’s neck. The 3 and a half year old boy didn’t want to be left out, he joined them by hugging both his mother and uncle’s neck. “I can’t stand living so far away from you guys.”

                “From Jiyong?” Hyeyoon , and Seunghyun pulled back from the hug when he heard this.

                “Noona, it’s not funny,” he said. He tried to find another topic, and he was surprised he didn’t realised his sister’s hair. “You cut your hair,” Seunghyun runs his fingers through her sister’s hair. They haven’t met for almost a year, since the last time both of them meet when Hyeyoon visited him at the states. She still had her long black hair back then, and suddenly she had this hair. Short and brown. She never liked short hair before because she always thought it made her look like a boy.

                “Yeah, and I dyed them,” Hyeyoon brought her hands to her hair. “Your brother in law forced me to do it. He said I look more beatiful like this, but th—“

                “You do!” a man walked from behind Hyeyoon and joined the conversation. He approved what Hyeyoon was saying, making the three of them shifted their gaze to him. Kwon Jiyong, beautiful as ever, so beautiful it made Seunghyun’s heart clenches, never failed to take Seunghyun’s breath away. He had an afro hair now, and Seunghyun almost laughed at it It looked like a bunch of dry grass, but nevertheless suited him. “She look stunning, don’t you think, Seunghyunssi?” Jiyong circled his arm around Hyeyoon, which made Seunghyun squinted his eyes seeing this.

                Hyeyoon laughed at Seunghyun’s stare and pushed Jiyong’s arm away from herself. The man pouted and this only made Hyeyoon laugh harder. “No public display of affection, baby. Especially in front of this baby.”

                “This baby?” Jiyong pointed at Yoodae, tickling the boy’s waist and made him squirmed in Seunghyun’s hold. “Or this baby?”

                “Hey!!” Seunghyun protested when Jiyong jabbed his chest. “I’m not a baby!”

                “Oh, really?” Hyeyoon brother.

                Yoodae laughed hard seeing his mother and uncle arguing like this. Eventually he wriggled in Seunghyun’s hold and reached her hand to Hyeyoon, who understands and took him from Seunghyun. “Next time, baby, I got a kiss from Uncle Seunghyun first. He always kissed Umma first, you know.”

                Seunghyun laughed at how childish her sister was. She didn’t even want her son to defeat her in winning Seunghyun’s kiss.

                “Umma!” Yoodae was upset at her mother’s scolding, and she hugged her neck. “You already got kiss kiss from uncle Seunghyun from you’re small. I only have his kiss kiss for 4 year. Not fair.”

                Seunghyun shook his head, realising how he missed his sister iness even to her own son. He smiled seeing the mother and child fight while the two walked away to the exit door. He then turned around to found Jiyong standing with his arms folded in front of his chest and an eyebrow raised. “Nice to meet you again, Dragon.”

Flashback

                “This wouldn’t ever work, would it?” Hyeyoon asked Jiyong in a cracking voice. The both of them now sitting on Seunghyun’s bed, not forgetting to lock the door to avoid the confused stare everybody was giving them.

                “What wouldn’t work?”

                “Us? The wedding? You won’t marry me, right?”

                “I will.”

                “Jiyong..” Hyeyoon touched Jiyong’s arm, and the younger man finally looked up from his lap and stared straight into her eyes. The young women’s heart hurts a lot when he saw Jiyong’s tears. It was the same feeling when he saw her baby brother cried. Why did she feel like she was the one causing pain for everybody?

                “I’m not.. going to disappoint our parents, Noona. I’m not.. I don’t want you sad.”

                Hyeyoon smiled at his words. This guy was such an angel, she knew why Seunghyun love him. She felt the same, but this marriage, she knew it wouldn’t work out. She knew she’s just going to hurt Jiyong and Seunghyun, and also herself if they still do this. “Jiyong-ah, listen,” she turned her body to face Jiyong. “Don’t flatter yourself, okay?”

                Jiyong furrowed his brows, not understanding what she just said.

                “As much as I love you, Jiyong-ah.. I love my baby brother more. He was.. my knight in shinning armour,” when Jiyong stiffled a laugh (then apologized) at this, Hyeyoon shake her head and laugh. “I know it sounds silly, but it’s true.”

                “I thought.. you were his angel? His guardian angel?”

                “I did protect him from those bullies, I did payed rent at first, I did defend him when he came out.. gay.. to our parents, I.. I bet that’s the thing he told you, right?”

                Jiyong nodded. That was exactly what Seunghyun told him.

                “That was.. from our childhood Jiyong. As the both of us grew up.. he was.. he was like paying back everything I did for him, even though it’s not much. Do you know how fast he lost his 40 pounds back then?” Jiyong shook his head. “40 days.”

                “40 days??” it was impossible!

                “I know, right? And he did it, just because he didn’t want me to be embarassed having a brother like him. I love him the way he is, Jiyong-ah, but society is very cruel. They kept insulting him, even in front of me. I cried a lot because as a grown up, I couldn’t hit anybody who insult my baby brother like that again. So he lost his weight. So I wouldn't cry.

                When he came out to our parents about his uality, I did defend him. But he was that strong to stand strong to his choises, and eventually our parents melted. They accepted him for who he is now. I didn't fight for him, he fight for himself. And the apartement? I paid half a rent, because our Dad helped us at first. It wasn’t even our first year here, and Seunghyun suddenly showed me this receipt paper.”

                “He paid the apartement rent?”

                “He was the one who bought it Jiyong-ah, for me. For us,” Jiyong’s eyes widened. “You see, he wasn’t a.. selfish bastard like you said,” Hyeyoon laughed when Jiyong lowerd his head and blushed. “The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter