Chapter 12

We Could Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

               Jiyong was just heading out the post office when Younggi jumped off his bike and greeted him.

                “Oh, Ahjusshi,” Jiyong bowed to the old man. “How are you?”

                “I’m fine, boy,” Younggi supported his bike a couple step and leaned it to the wall in front of the door to the post office. Jiyong followed him back inside the building. “It’s been a while since you came here, what happened?”

                Jiyong smiled to the old man, handing him a card. Younggi’s grinned when he saw what it was. “An invitation? Finally? Do you finally meet him?”

                Jiyong, who had his black hair back for the wedding, only shook his head while chuckling. “No. It’s a she.”

                Younggi’s eyebrow furrowed when he heard this. He was hoping Jiyong at least was too busy to came to visit him because he finally met his penpal and was in a romantic relationship with the guy and was too busy dating or something. He didn’t expect this, “A she? Choi.. Choi Hyeyoon?”

                The young man nodded weakly with a smile plastered in his face. Somehow, Younggi did not like this smile. This isn’t the smile he usually get from Jiyong. Younggi sat down on a bench and put the invitation on his lap. He then patted the spot next to him, signaling Jiyong to sit there.

                “What happen to The Pimp?”

                “The Official Pimp, Ahjussi,” Jiyong corrected him. “He wanted us to respect his nickname,”  Jiyong told him, trying hard to surpress the nausea he felt when he remembered the phonecall with the guy. Younggi couldn’t help but laughed at this. “He.. actually I came here to tell you that..,” Jiyong hesitated. He wasn’t really sure he really wanted to do this. “I wanted to.. close my PO Box.”

                He had sent TOP so many letters after their last phonecall. But he never received any reply. He waited and waited. He waited for more than a month, but no reply ever came. And to make it worse was Seunghyun. Since the night he told him about TOP, the older male avoided him. That night, he was sure that he wanted Seunghyun. That seeing Seunghyun leaving like that hurts a lot. He was so sure that he fell in love with Seunghyun. He realized that it was impossible to love two person at once, and he decided then that his feelings for TOP was only admiration. After TOP ‘dumped’ him, he knew he couldn’t fall in love with a person he never met. He did felt embarrased when he recalled what happened that day. He was crying and screaming like a crazy person in the middle of the street and made a lot of crowd there. But after what happened, he decided, he choose not to fall in love with TOP. That guy couldn’t even hold his words, he left Jiyong waiting for 3 ing hours and did not show up, only saying goodbye through a phonecall. Jiyong didn’t even know why he ever thought TOP and Seunghyun was the same person. They were totally different. At least Seunghyun didn’t left him like that. At least Seunghyun was always there for him.

                Or so Jiyong thought. Because he wasn’t.

                Jiyong met Seunghyun again a week after the family dinner at his botique, where Seunghyun accompanied Hyeyoon to fit her wedding dress. His personality changed 100%. He wasn’t the playful silly Seunghyun who like to throw jokes and insults at him. It was painful for Jiyong to have Seunghyun there but not saying a word to him. He even avoided eye contact with the latter. Jiyong pretend to be happy for Hyeyoon, he didn’t want Hyeyoon to feel sad. Her face was beaming with joy, even though later she asked Seunghyun if he’s sick, because he really didn’t say a word that day. He just sat at the sofa across the small podium where Hyeyoon was standing, and he only nodded whenever Hyeyoon asked him if it looks good on her. Jiyong  watched Seunghyun’s sad expression. He didn;t know why the older man put that kind of expression on his face, but Jiyong didn’t like seeing him sad. The designer tried to keep Hyeyoon happy by praising her in her wedding dress. He wasn’t lying, she does look verry pretty. But why doen’t it feel right? Why does it hurt Jiyong that Seunghyun was not the one planning this wedding with him?

                “Pardon me, Jiyong-ah?” Younggi was sure he misheard the boy. “You want to what?”

                “I.. stopped writing with TOP a while ago, and I think.. I will never will write to him again.”

                “Just because you’re going to marry soon?” Younggi waved the invitation card in front of him. “You can’t do that. You don’t lose a friend because of a marriage. I..” Younggi didn’t know what to say. He was really hoping a very happy ending for Jiyong and this TOP, but this ending? He wasn’t expecting.

                Jiyong gave him another sad smile. “I .. everything in life is a choice, Ahjussi. But when it’s life who choose for us, when life choose us a different path than the path we wanted, what can you do?”

                Hearing this, Younggi can only smile and give Jiyong a hug. He can only wish the best for the young boy and promised him he’ll be there at his wedding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Why so gloomy, dear cousin?”

                Yoochun who already came back from his honeymoon sat down beside Jiyong at the sofa in the recording room. Yoochun was free today, and when he called Jiyong to say that he missed his cousin and wanted to see him, Jiyong agreed to come to Yoochun’s building.

                “Not happy that you’re going to marry soon?” 

                Jiyong did not answer. He just looked blankly at nothing in front of him. He hadn’t met Seunghyun for 2 months. He called his office but they always had a reason to not connect him to Seunghyun. And he was afraid to ask for his number, because what kind of fiance are you asking for your fiancees brother’s cellphone number? For the same reason he refused to ask Jaejoong or Yoochun for Seunghyun’s number. From what Hyeyoon told him, Seunghyun didn’t came home the night they had dinner together, and he was very busy lately she barely see him at home. What was wrong with Seunghyun? What happened that night? What did Jiyong do? Why was he avoiding him since?

                “Hey,” Jiyong was a littlle startled when somebody pat his knee. “Oh, Yoochun Hyung,” he answered weakly. Yoochun tilted his head and frowned at Jiyong’s reaction. He know his cousin could be an arrogant bastard sometimes, but in front of him Jiyong usually was so bubbly and cute. He never saw Jiyong so sad except when he came to his house one night, crying his eyes out and telling him he was never going to talk to Dami again for making their parents leaving him alone in Seoul.

                “What’s wrong, man?” Yoochun leaned forward and clasped his hands to rest his chin on top of them. “You seemed so.. lost.”

                “I am, Hyung,” Jiyong said honestly. “Hyung.. did you.. have you heard anything.. about Seunghyun lately?”

                Yoochun’s ears perked up at this. He raised his eyebrows and smiled. “Seunghyun?”

                “Yes,” Jiyong was hesitating at first, but he already asked, so he decided to keep asking. “I, uh.. haven’t heard from him for weeks.”

                “Reeaally?” Yooch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter