Chapter 14

We Could Be In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

               Seunghyun was so shocked to see his room so messy. The drawers were all opened, and his closet was not closed. The person slumped in front of it seem to be oblivious about his appereance. Jiyong didn’t even realise he had open the door. The latter was too busy crying, and when Seunghyun saw the cause, his eyes widened.

                “What do you think you are doing, Kwon Jiyong?”

                Jiyong looked equally shocked when he turned his head towards where Seunghyun was standing.

                “Se—Seunghyun?”

                “What are you doing with my stuff??” Seunghyun approached the crying man and grabbed Jiyong’s arm so the other would stand up. “What do you think you are doing with it?? Who even gave you the permission to be here??”

                “Seunghyun.. hurts..” Jiyong tried to pull away from Seunghyun’s hold, but it was too strong. Seunghyun didn’t seem to realize he hurt the man.

                “Did you read all of that??” Seunghyun finally let go of Jiyong and he kneeled before the box. He picked all the letters, putting it back to the box in such careful way as if it was something so precious.

                “I’m sorry Hyung. I..” Jiyong was still sobbing hard. “Why didn’t you tell me, Hyung? You’re TOP? You’ve been writing those letters all this time?”

                “No, no. You weren’t supposed to know. This wasn’t supposed to happen,” Seunghyun put the box back inside, between the stacks of his shoes collection.

                “Why didn’t you tell me, Hyung? Why didn—oh my God, that night. That night our family met, when I told you about TOP. That’s why you ran away?”

                “Jiyong, we should just—“

                “Is that why you ran away, Seunghyun Hyung? Is that why you refused to see me? As TOP?” Jiyong was pushing it. Seunghyun was about to say something when a female voice interrupted them.

                “Jiyongie? Seunghyun? What’s wrong?”

                Seunghyun froze. Was she behind him from the beginning? Did she heard something? The man shifted his gaze from the floor and saw her sister standing just outside his room, already wearing her wedding dress. She looked so pretty, Seunghyun just couldn’t break her heart. He tried to compose himself and smiled at her. “Nothing, Noona. There’s nothing wrong, I was just—“

                “Then why is Jiyong crying?”

                Yes. Jiyong. Crying. How could he forget that they were all in the same room? Seunghyun dropped his head in defeat and chuckled. Isn’t this ironic? The way Jiyong knew he was TOP, isn’t it just a very very good way for him to know?

                “Why didn’t you tell me, Hyungie? Do you know how bad I felt when you left me? I thought you think I was a freak for loving someone I haven’t even met before. I thought I said something wrong,” Jiyong sobs was becoming harder, Hyeyoon just couldn’t grasp what was happening. She looked back and forth at her brother and Jiyong. “And the meeting. You let me.. you watched me cry in the middle of the road? Was it fun, TOPssi you selfish bastard? Was it satisfying?? Huh????”

                Seunghyun didn’t lift his head. He was afraid if he saw Jiyong, he would do the same as the younger man did, breaking down.  It hurts him to hear the pained tone in Jiyong’s voice. This was supposed to be a happy day for him and his sister, and he just ruined it. He shouldn’t have come home. He should’ve just—

                “Seunghyun-ah? What is going on? Why is he calling you TOP? Isn’t it the name you.. Can anybody explain?”

                Seunghyun knew Hyeyoon was worried. He really wished she wasn’t there to witness this, to witness the revealing of his alias as TOP. He wished she wasn’t there to see that her brother fell in love with the man she was supposed to marry in less than 3 hours.

                “Noona,” Seunghyun heard her answered him with a soft ‘ne’, and the latter knew she took steps forward inside the room. “Do you remember.. the Dragon I was sending letters to? The one I fell in love with?”

                “Will I like where this conversation is going, brother?” Hyeyoon asked him. He didn’t want to hurt her sister. He did a good job protecting the secret, and his sister’s heart, all this time. Why now?

                “Do you still want to hear it even if you’ll hate me later?”

                “Oh, Seunghyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter