20 /// SOMETHING’S FISHY

A very small degree of HOPE is sufficient to cause the birth of LOVE.

 

"Yoora, wait for me," you shouted as you ran towards her.
 
She stopped by a classroom door. You stopped in front of her, panting slightly.
 
"Gosh, running is exhausting," you mumbled underneath your breath.
 
- - -
 
"We hardly talk these days. What's up? Is there something wrong, Yoora-shi?" you asked, looking confused.
 
"Err... I'm ok. Maybe I'm just stressed out with the upcoming exams," Yoora said as she tightens her grip on her books.
 
"Are you sure?" you asked.
 
"Yeah... Don't worry about me," she replied.
 
You felt that Yoora was feeling quite tensed. She isn't her usual chirpy self. You nudged her with your elbow slightly, in order to loosen her up.
 
She rubbed her arm, "What was that for?" 
 
"For leaving me at Haewon's house the other day," you replied jokingly
 
She looked away in another direction, "Oh... that," she replied.
 
"So, do you want to come over my house to study tonight?" you said as you adjusted the straps on your bag on your shoulder.
 
"I...," Yoora said.
 
"TaeAh-shi," a male voice from behind you interrupted.
 
You turned to see Haewon walking towards you.
 
Yoora tapped on your shoulder and said, "I think I should go."
 
You turned to face Yoora but she had already started walking in the other direction.
 
"Wait, Yoora-shi," you said but she was walking too fast that she might have not heard.
 
"Where is she going, TaeAh-shi?" Haewon asked, standing beside you.
 
"Oh... Hmm... She's going something else going on later hence, she had to left," you lied.
 
"Hmm..." he replied.
 
"Let's go now, before it's too late," he continued, grabbing your wrist and dragging you towards the dance studio.
 
- - -
 
"Ok, everyone. Pick your partners and find a spot. The couple dance starts in 5 minutes," YongBae said, gesturing everyone to start moving.
 
You looked around you, trying to figure out who to partner with.
 
You saw Haewon waving to you from the other side of the room. 
 
He mouthed to you, "You want to be my partner?" 
 
You were just about too replied to his proposal when you saw a group of girls began to crowd around him.
 
You chuckled and said to yourself, "Romeo's busy with Juliettes, no one can resist his charms. Well, time to find someone else then." 
 
"Hey gorgeous," a voice said behind you as they grabbed your hand and pulled you towards them.
 
"Huh?" you said as you turned to look.
 
Ghun winked at you as he placed his hands around your waist and pulled you closer to him. 
 
"Shall we dance?" he said into your eyes, seductively and went on to place his lips on your cheeks.
 
You looked around, checking if anyone was what happened. You didn't want anyone to see Ghun cheek-kissing you as it would be embarrassing.
 
You caught Haewon turning away after you saw him looking at you. Your face turned red slightly, due to the embarrassment.
 
"Oh my god, it is so awkward," you said to yourself.
 
You pushed Ghun's face away from yours, "Stop it, it's embarrassing," you said.
 
He chuckled and loosens his hands from around your waist. He went on and places them around your neck on your shoulders.
 
"We are going to have a lot of fun today, TaeAh-shi," he said, grinning.
 
You looked at him and rolled your eyes, "Whatever," you replied, couldn't be bothered anymore.
 
- - -
 
"Yarh, Ghun! You're doing it wrong!" you exclaimed as you pushed him away from you.
 
You took his hands and positioned it in a swan-like manner.
 
"This is how you should do it, not this," you said, making a crocodile-like gesture.
 
"As you wish, my queen," he said as he stayed in his swan-like position.
 
You rolled your eyes to your dismay. 
 
"This is going to be a long night," you said, sighing.
 
- - -
 
"I'm disappointed in you, TaeAh-shi. You are one of the finest dancers in the cohort but today, you disappoint me," YongBae said, sternly as he looked at you.
 
You didn't know what to say.
 
"But sir, I did everything I could. I tried my best," you replied. 
 
"You call that dance with Ghun, your best? TaeAh-shi, you are capable of better," he said.
 
You looked at Ghun beside you.
 
"This is all because of you, why did you have to mess up the dance routine? Now, I'm to be blamed for it," you thought to yourself, slightly pissed off.
 
Not satisfied with YongBae's reasons, "But sir," you said.
 
"No buts, TaeAh-shi. I want you to continue to practice with Ghun till late tonight. I'll be checking up on the both of you later," he replied.
 
You lifted your head slightly and look at him in shock.
 
"Huh?" you said.
 
"Ghun, you won't mind, won't you?" he asked Ghun, winking at the same time.
 
"What is going on here?" you thought upon seeing that scene.
 
"No sir," Ghun said.
 
"Ok, I'll see the both of you later at 10," YongBae said as he took his bag.
 
"Have fun... Both of you," he continued as he exited the door.