19 /// IMPRESS YOU

A very small degree of HOPE is sufficient to cause the birth of LOVE.

 

You turned your head on a soft cushioned item. It smells of lavender.
 
You heard a faint voice calling your name, "TaeAh-shi."
 
You opened your eyes slightly and could only briefly make out a figure sitting in front of you.
 
"What is it?" you asked, sounding coarse.
 
"TaeAh-shi, wake up," the voice said.
 
You rubbed your eyes to gain a better look at the figure in front of you. It was Haewon.
 
"Wake up, TaeAh-shi," he said as he shook your arm slightly.
 
You looked at him. He was in a black-colored wife-beater top that enhances his body physique. He had a towel over his neck and his hair was wet. It seems that he just had a shower. He smells of lavender.
 
"Oh hey," you said, clearing you throat slightly.
 
You fidget slightly, trying to sit up straight. You looked around you, confused.
 
"Where am I? Wasn't I on the armchair?" you asked yourself as you managed to sit up.
 
"What's wrong, TaeAh-shi?" Haewon asked as he dried his hair with the towel.
 
"How did I end up here?" you replied after realizing that you're in someone's room.
 
Haewon stood up and hanged the towel on one of the racks near the windows. You looked at him as he moved. His long legs seem endless. No wonder the girls will drop dead from him.
 
He turned to look at you and said, "I carried you up here," interrupting your thoughts.
 
"Huh?" you replied, in shock.
 
"You looked uncomfortable on the armchair. That's why I carried you up here into my room," he said as he got on the bed and sat beside you.
 
"I'm in his room?" you thought to yourself as you eyed the room again.
 
"Oh my god, I must be heavy for you," you replied as you cupped your cheeks in surprised embarrassment.
 
Haewon chuckled, "Nah, it's ok. It was a good workout for me," he said as he flashed his bicep muscles.
 
You looked at it and laughed as he looked funny doing it. 
 
He looked at you and frowned, "What's so funny?" he asked.
 
"You," you said jokingly.
 
He continued to flash both of his bicep muscles and at the same time, he made weird faces. Unable to control yourself anymore, you laughed.
 
"Ok, Haewon-shi, that's enough. I can't take it anymore," you said as you tried to stop laughing.
 
He took a pillow behind him and started to play with it.
 
"It's already 11 in the morning and the rain stopped. So, I thought I should wake you up," he said.
 
"Oh," you replied.
 
Suddenly, you scratched your head, thinking, "Where's Yoora-shi and Taefung-shi?" you said as you slowly got out of the bed.
 
You felt someone grabbing your wrist from behind. You turned to look. 
 
"Wait for me," Haewon said, as he slowly slipped his fingers around your hand and got out of the bed, unknowingly to you.
 
"Taefung-shi is in the kitchen," he added.
 
"Oh, and Yoora-shi... She left already," he continued.
 
You looked at him, surprised, "Yoora left already? What time?" you replied.
 
"Around 8, I guess," he replied.
 
You pulled your hands away from Haewon and ran through your pockets.
 
"What are you looking for?" Haewon asked.
 
"My phone. Have you seen my phone?" you asked, continued to search your pockets.
 
"Err... It's still downstairs on the coffee table that we studied on yesterday," he replied.
 
You headed towards the door and walked out of the room, heading towards the living room. You looked at the coffee table and saw your phone at the corner of the table. You quickly picked it up and dialed some numbers on it.
 
"Who are you calling?" Haewon asked as he stood beside you.
 
"Yoora-shi," you said as you waited for Yoora to pick up her phone.
 
Still standing in static position, you looked into the nearby mirror and caught a glimpse of yourself. You ruffled with your hair slightly before you smoothed it down.
 
Unknowingly to you, Haewon turned and sat on the armchair beside you. He began to read one of the notes that he took from the coffee table.
 
"Hello?" Yoora answered on the other line.
 
"Yoora-shi, where are you? Why did you leave so early?" you asked.
 
"Err... I have something on at home," Yoora replied.
 
You felt quite suspicious. Yoora didn't sound like herself.
 
"Yoora-shi, are you ok?" you asked, sounding concerned.
 
"Yeah, I'm ok," a short paused followed, "TaeAh-shi, I've got to go. Talk to you later," she said.
 
"Wait, Yoora..." you replied, but Yoora had already hung up on the other side.
 
"What's wrong with Yoora?" you thought to yourself.
 
- - -
 
You were so caught up with your thoughts that you didn't notice that you were about to sit on the armchair beside you... on Haewon, to be exact.
 
"TaeAh-shi," Haewon said when he realized that you were about to sit on him.
 
"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Haewon," you said, standing in shock after realizing what you had nearly done.
 
"Are you ok, TaeAh-shi?" he asked, standing in front of you.
 
"I think..." you said, interrupted.
 
"What's going on here?" Taefung said, fresh out from the kitchen.
 
"Anyway, Haewon-shi, I've got to go. Thanks for the breakfast. It was delicious," he continued.
 
"TaeAh-shi, you should try. It's amazing," he added as he walked to the sofa.
 
Taefung took his bag from the sofa and headed towards the door.
 
"See you in school tomorrow, TaeAh-shi. You too, Haewon," he said as he exited the door.
 
While Haewon headed towards the door to close it, you started packing your bag to head home. Haewon headed back into the living room, looking for you.
 
"TaeAh-shi, what are you doing? Where are you going?" he asked with a confused look on his face.
 
"Home," you replied as you placed your notes into your bag.
 
He grabbed your hand and pulled you with him as he headed towards the kitchen, "Let's eat some breakfast first, ok? I made breakfast for us," he said.
 
"What is going on with him?" you thought.
 
You wanted to say no but you couldn't. He had pulled you in the kitchen for breakfast. A breakfast that he took time to make. You didn't want to be rude. Haewon ushered you to a seat as he sat opposite you. You looked at the dishes in front of you. 
 
"They look delicious," you said as you take a spoonful of food and put it into your mouth.
 
"Try this," he said as he held a spoonful of kimchi towards your mouth.
 
You took a bite of the spoon and chewed on it slowly, "This is good, Haewon-shi," you said, gesturing a thumbs up to him.
 
"Thanks," he replied.
 
He pushed the dishes towards you, "Eat more, TaeAh-shi."
 
You and Haewon continued to eat in silence. You were savoring each and every food made by Haewon on the table. It was just so good. You looked at Haewon. He caught you looking at him and he gave you a huge smile.
 
"I can cook for you every day, if you want me too," he said, after he swallowed down his food.
 
You looked at him in shock.
 
"Huh?" you thought.
 
It was slightly awkward and it got you reminded of Ghun. And, image of Ghun saying those similar words was playing in your mind.
 
"Err... It's ok, Haewon. Thanks but no thanks," you said as you continued to finish your food.
 
You took the final bits of the rice from your bowl and placed it in your mouth. You placed your bowl on the table and your eating utensils at the side.
 
You were ready to take your leave. You looked for your bag underneath the table and you saw Haewon's long legs. His legs positioned on each side of yours, seemingly to be surrounding yours which was positioned in the center.
 
Feeling slightly awkward, you adjusted your seating position and accidentally your leg brushed against Haewon's.
 
"I'm sorry," you said, as you stood up, looking at Haewon.
 
He looked at you and smiled, "No, it's my fault."
 
"I've got to go, Haewon-shi. Thanks for the wonderful food. I really appreciate it a lot," you said as you placed your bag over your shoulder and headed towards the door.
 
You bended down to put on your shoes and from the corner of your eye, you could see Haewon grabbing a pair of shoes while putting on a jacket.
 
"TaeAh-shi, would you like me to send you home?" he asked as he put on a pair of shoes.
 
You nudged Haewon slightly, "No, Haewon-shi. It's ok. I can go home by myself. You've helped me so much," you said.
 
He grabbed your arm and said, "Please, TaeAh-shi. I insist," finally done putting on his shoes.
 
- - -
 
"Are you done?" he asked as he opened the door.
 
"Yes," you said, walking out, "Race you to my house," you added as you started running.
 
You turned to see Haewon trying his best to quickly lock the door. Once done, you could see him running after you.
 
"Catch me if you can," you shouted, loud enough for him to hear.
 
"This is going to be easy," you thought as you ran, locking your eyes on the view of your house.
 
The sidewalk wasn't busy with pedestrians walking so it was easy for you to run without any obstacles. Unfortunately for you, it was also easy for Haewon to pick up his pace.
 
You stopped abruptly at the sidewalk across your house to let some vehicles pass before crossing. You turned to look. Haewon was catching up to you.
 
"Come on already; let me cross now," you thought as each vehicle zoomed pass you, trying to cat h your breath.
 
Suddenly, you felt someone pulling you closer to them as he wrapped his hands around your waist.
 
"Got you now," he said into your ears, panting heavily.
 
You pulled yourself away and turned to see Haewon standing there.
 
"How did you get here so fast? I thought you were still a few meters away from me," you said, startled.
 
"Booster run on the last lap," he said jokingly.
 
You chuckled and patted his shoulder, "Good job, well done," you replied sarcastically.
 
Haewon smiled upon hearing your words. He slipped his hand onto yours, squeezing it tight slightly.
 
"Yarh, what are you doing?" you asked, after witnessing what he did.
 
He walked in front of you and pulled you with him. 
 
He looked at the road, "Let's cross the road now, shall we?" he said as he pulled you with him, crossing the road.
 
He pulled you with him as he walked up to your house. You quickly pulled your hands away from him and knock on the front door.
 
While waiting for someone to answer the door, "Err... Thanks for sending me home," you said.
 
"Sorry for making you chase after me," you apologized jokingly.
 
Haewon laughed, "It was fun though," he replied.
 
The door swing open slightly.
 
"Appa," you said as you bowed at the sight of your dad answering the door.
 
"Hello, Mr. Park," Haewon said, bowing in respect.
 
"You must be Mr. and Mrs. Jung's son, I suppose?" your dad asked.
 
"Yes," Haewon replied, smiling.
 
Not wanting for their conversation to go on any further, you interrupted, "Haewon is about to take his leave, Appa," as you pulled and pushed your dad into the house.
 
"Nice seeing you, son," your dad said, being pushed into the house.
 
"See you tomorrow at school, Haewon-shi," you said, waving to him and slowly shutting the door behind you.
 
"TaeAh-shi," Haewon's voice was heard but soon faded away.
 
- - -
 
Your dad looked at you and frowned.
 
"What was that all about, TaeAh-shi?" he asked.
 
You grinned, "It's nothing, appa."