Confession

Splitting the Difference

Mom and Dad came home from their business trips.

KwangMin and I were becoming good friends.

YoungMin stopped walking with us, and so did Taec, so it was just me and Kwang.

Taecyeon had a girlfriend now, Yoona of SNSD.

We look a lot alike. 

He brings her home everyday, and they do mushy couple stuff while I try not to barf.

We all like Yoona though.  She's nice. 

Umma and Appa approve.  She's a great unnie.  Of course Taec likes her, and Yoogeun is indifferent.  He thinks that "Yoona noona" is Taecyeon's wife.  

Yoogeun always asks Yoona, "Noona, when is your baby coming?" 

We have to try to explain to him that Taec and Yoona have been dating for only 3 months and that Yoona is not going to have a baby anytime soon.

But, he always persists. 

He's definitely a Koo.

----------------------------------------

It was 6:00 am.  There was a knock at the door.

Umma rose from the breakfast table and opened the door.

It was KwangMin.  This was our routine now.  

At 6 am, he would knock on my door and we'd walk to school together.

I stuffed half a bagel in my mouth and got my bag.

I hugged KwangMin.

"Hi, oppa!" 

Umma smiled.

"Have a good day, you two! ~" she said.

We left.

It was Friday.  We were 20 minutes early to school, as always.

We walked to our lockers.

We were best friends.

KwangMin, Mina, SooYoung, and JiYong.  Bestest friends.

SooYoung now had a boyfriend, Kim Jonghyun of SHINee, so she spent less time with us.  JiYong, of course, was in BIGBANG, so he spent time with his buddies.

KwangMin wasn't talking as much today.

"YAH.  Jo KwangMin, what's wrong with you today?  Why aren't you talking?  Do you have a fever?" I asked, and felt his forehead with the back of my hand.

"I'm fine.... It's just that.. I have something on my mind."

"IT'S A GIRL, ISN'T IT?!" I yelled.

He nodded meekly.  I could always tell what Kwang was thinking.

"WHO IS IT?! GIVE ME HER NAME, AND I'LL BEAT HER SORRY FOR GIVING YOU TROUBLE."

He laughed.

"I don't think you could beat your own , Mina Koo," he mumbled.

"WHAT?!" I yelled.

"Mina, I know you're engaged to marry my brother, but I-I think I'm in love with you.  I love everything about you, and I always dream about you.  Would you .... Would you be my g-girlfriend?" he asked.

Before I could say anything, he kissed me.

"KwangMin ~ ah... I'm afraid that I love you, but only as a friend.  I'm sorry.  We can be best friends though, right?" I asked hopefully.

He nodded his head quietly and a single tear escaped the corner of his eye.  I wiped it away.

"Kwangchu, I'm not good enough for you.  I'm a loser.  I'm not your girl.  Your girl will be pretty and sweet and smart, like you.  She'll have as many talents as you do.  I'm not that girl. I'm just a lousy old soccer player."

I got up and grabbed my books.  

I went to class.  It was awkward.  KwangMin was staring at me dreamily, and YoungMin was glaring at me.  If only SooYoung was here....

SooYoung unnie was in the other class... -_________-

I was stuck with the BOYFRIEND group, and 4MINUTE, who liked to harass me since I was YoungMin's fiancee.

------------------------------------------------

Class ended, and YoungMin grabbed my wrist and led me out of the room.

"OWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!" I howled in pain.

He drove us to a cafe.

We sat.

I got a glass of lemonade, and he got some coffee drink.

He was glaring at me.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked.

"I've been trying not to explode on you all day."

"Why, oppa?" I asked.

"I'm mad ... Because I happened to see my brother kiss my girlfriend."

"First of all, I'm your girlfriend for show.  I'm your fiancee.  Our marriage just symbolizes the merging of our parents' companies.  Not love or anything.  And second, KwangMin confessed to me..." I said that last part very quietly.

"WHAT?!" he yelled. 

People were looking at us now.  

"YoungMin... People are looking!"

He paid the bill and dragged me out of the cafe.

He yelled at me in the car.

"....KISS... ARGGGHHH... HE BETRAYED ME... ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?!" He raged.

"W-What?  Oh sorry..... What were you saying?"

He sighed.

"YoungMin... Why do you even care?  You don't love me, and I don't love you.  It's all just for show.  Get over it.  KwangMin, at most, is my best friend.  You, at most, are my fake fiancee."

And with that, I got out of the car and walked up the driveway and into my house.